**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

IBOM and IHULK experts need your help

BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Got them from featured crystals. I don't know whether they should be ranked or not as I have rulk and void(103) at r5. Which content they shine. I am done till 7.1 with v6 in exploration mode.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    Riptide said:

@Crcrcrc knows a Little about ibom I think

Hope he sees this and show me the way
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Riptide said:

He will try to convince you to rank up iHulk. Don't listen to him, he's crazy. And honestly he'll agree with my assessment of him.

iBomb is an amazing champion and he'll shine pretty much everywhere. He'll be amazing for V6 as well. Definitely worth the rank-up.
  • DarkLord8470DarkLord8470 Posts: 105
    Def get in touch with @Crcrcrc
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253859/ihulk-guide-part-1#latest
    Here’s a basic playstyle, but Buddy Lee shows him off well in videos where he shines
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    I have them both, iHulk as 6* R1 unduped and and R5 5* Duped.

They are both great worthy of a Rankup. However if you must choose between the two I'd say definitely go with IBomb. The lowdown is that if the opponent can be poisoned, then he'll just melt them away ( literally, if you are familiar with the comics). He absolutely cheeses the Science CAV EQ. He also can be very tanky ( if enough poisons on him). Last but not least, has a very straightforward playstyle: sp2, then spam sp1, thats it , see then get drowned in poison. In longer fights throw an sp3 after sp2.

iHulk , on the other, is also great but has a much more tricky playstyle, defo not as straightforward as iBomb. First of all, for you to be able to access his big yellow number damage you need the AI to cooperate with you, because it depends on keeping rage stacks on you and for this you need to keep landing hits on the opponent... this aggressive playstyle can be quite tricky on some nodes , and even on the simplest of fights if the opponent does not throw his special attacks frequently then you're outta luck, cuz trying to bait them will remove the rage stacks . Second, his immortality mechanic ( or more exactly, his ability from benefitting from taking damage) can be very good for big health pool fights and can cheese some nodes too ( look up that video of him chessing an act 7 path) but in practice it's very tricky to pull off. You need to bring your game in terms of your dexing skills, in order to preserve as much gamma to regen back as much health possible, but doing so implies dancing ... thus if the AI is uncooperative then you have to give up on using the benefits of his unblockable phase in lieu of dexing specials. And then you have to have to keep your A-game up for 50 seconds if u want to make use of the mechanic again. Mind you though, I've seem many youtubers and read many posts on this forum of people loving iHulk precisely because of this playstyle, because it really forces the player to be on its toes constantly and walking on thin ice for big chunks of the fight, and many people find this fun. If that's what you're after then go ahead and rank him up, no problem with that . Personally though I tend to favor champs that get their job done with less conditionals involved.

So to sum it up, iHulk is indeed great but there are waaay too many IFs involved in his playstyle in order to use him effectively iBomb , on the other hand, has on ONE SINGLE IF: If the opponent is not poison immune, then he'll just destroy anybody. It's that simple.

Sorry for all you iHulk lovers (looking at you @Crcrcrc ) , but really iBomb is the one that has the edge in most cases that dont involve poison immunity . I'd agree though with the idea of eventually ranking them both, but definitely rank iBomb first while you take your time to master iHulk's playstyle.

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    iHulk was ridiculously good for 7.1. I wager he'll be just as amazing in 7.2 and beyond. Go with iHulk
    Crcrcrc said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253859/ihulk-guide-part-1#latest
    Here’s a basic playstyle, but Buddy Lee shows him off well in videos where he shines

So ihulk angel arrived. Thanks for guide. I will look into it.

Def get in touch with @Crcrcrc

😂😂😂😂
    Etjama said:

Riptide said:

He will try to convince you to rank up iHulk. Don't listen to him, he's crazy. And honestly he'll agree with my assessment of him.

iBomb is an amazing champion and he'll shine pretty much everywhere. He'll be amazing for V6 as well. Definitely worth the rank-up.
    I am advised by many to do ibom

I have them both, iHulk as 6* R1 unduped and and R5 5* Duped.

They are both great worthy of a Rankup. However if you must choose between the two I'd say definitely go with IBomb. The lowdown is that if the opponent can be poisoned, then he'll just melt them away ( literally, if you are familiar with the comics). He absolutely cheeses the Science CAV EQ. He also can be very tanky ( if enough poisons on him). Last but not least, has a very straightforward playstyle: sp2, then spam sp1, thats it , see then get drowned in poison. In longer fights throw an sp3 after sp2.

iHulk , on the other, is also great but has a much more tricky playstyle, defo not as straightforward as iBomb. First of all, for you to be able to access his big yellow number damage you need the AI to cooperate with you, because it depends on keeping rage stacks on you and for this you need to keep landing hits on the opponent... this aggressive playstyle can be quite tricky on some nodes , and even on the simplest of fights if the opponent does not throw his special attacks frequently then you're outta luck, cuz trying to bait them will remove the rage stacks . Second, his immortality mechanic ( or more exactly, his ability from benefitting from taking damage) can be very good for big health pool fights and can cheese some nodes too ( look up that video of him chessing an act 7 path) but in practice it's very tricky to pull off. You need to bring your game in terms of your dexing skills, in order to preserve as much gamma to regen back as much health possible, but doing so implies dancing ... thus if the AI is uncooperative then you have to give up on using the benefits of his unblockable phase in lieu of dexing specials. And then you have to have to keep your A-game up for 50 seconds if u want to make use of the mechanic again. Mind you though, I've seem many youtubers and read many posts on this forum of people loving iHulk precisely because of this playstyle, because it really forces the player to be on its toes constantly and walking on thin ice for big chunks of the fight, and many people find this fun. If that's what you're after then go ahead and rank him up, no problem with that . Personally though I tend to favor champs that get their job done with less conditionals involved.

So to sum it up, iHulk is indeed great but there are waaay too many IFs involved in his playstyle in order to use him effectively iBomb , on the other hand, has on ONE SINGLE IF: If the opponent is not poison immune, then he'll just destroy anybody. It's that simple.

Sorry for all you iHulk lovers (looking at you @Crcrcrc ) , but really iBomb is the one that has the edge in most cases that dont involve poison immunity . I'd agree though with the idea of eventually ranking them both, but definitely rank iBomb first while you take your time to master iHulk's playstyle.

Thanks man for such detailed and helpful guide. TBH I am leaning towards Ibom now but before final decision I will check out Ihulk guide too.but as others said he's solid poison champ which I really lack now. So ibom seems saviour.

iHulk is better than iBom, rank iHulk first imo

Ibom is definitely more valuable.

😂😂😂2 of forum members I appreciate and learned a lot are on different boats. Now that's hard
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I don’t have iabom experience but I do have some iHulk experience since I’ve got a 6* that I sometimes use. I’ve used him some in v6 and side quests and he’s really fun there but he’s not super practical in other places like story content. I enjoy him when I use him but he’s got a specific niche and it’s hard to play him outside of it. I suggest taking him to rank 3 or maybe 4 (I’m assuming they’re 5*s) and then you can play around with him when it’s conviennent.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    Well, @BuggyDClown , I really like iHulk, and he's actually a really good champ, but iBom is a monster. For the sake of smart rankups, go iBom.
    Will3808 said:

I don’t have iabom experience but I do have some iHulk experience since I’ve got a 6* that I sometimes use. I’ve used him some in v6 and side quests and he’s really fun there but he’s not super practical in other places like story content. I enjoy him when I use him but he’s got a specific niche and it’s hard to play him outside of it. I suggest taking him to rank 3 or maybe 4 (I’m assuming they’re 5*s) and then you can play around with him when it’s conviennent.

Yah they are 5 stars. I myself find ihulk more AI specific dependent.
    @Crcrcrc never thought you would say tk rank up ibom over ihulk. But maybe sometime soon I will r5 him too eventually
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Iabomb is a safe champion, posion immune, posion ability , small regen.

Ihulk is more rewarding