**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please don’t release another rarity

With r4 materials just coming out, some players are starting to question what’s next. The game has to go on somehow, but I don’t think the community will be happy chasing the same champs all over again.

6 stars were teased in summer 2017 when rank 5s weren’t possible, released in January 2018, and players weren’t happy. This resentment trickled down well into 2020 when the community still felt alienated over 4 star bans in story content and lacked the basic champs needed for Act 6, among other things.

Kabam’s done an amazing job addressing player concerns with their roadmaps, quality of life improvements, removing links in AQ/AW, and adding AQ tickets and dual class crystals, but if the next big thing is chasing the same champs all over again, I don’t think that will go over very well at all.

I’m not a game developer and acknowledge that chasing champs is probably the whole point, but I’m not sure we can stomach another rarity. These types of games have to constantly progress , but is there any way to do it without resetting everyone’s work?

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

7* make sense, but what I don't want is them to be rushed out just to make money, they need to come when the time is right

• Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I think it would be cool if they made attributes adjustable.

If all champs had 100 points that could be put into attributes and you chose where they go at the start of the quest, it could make things pretty interesting.

Champs might have a few more viable uses.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    6 stars came out summer of 2017?? Damn time flies if OP is right. I remember it being summer for sure. But thought it was 2018.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,392 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I still think instead of 7* they should add like a 6* rebirth or something to increase the power level, so people can still use the champs they’ve worked with for years, but have a lot more upgrades to give them in the futures

They could always add an extra rank for 6s to keep it for an extra 2 years
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    It's not the time yet. I mean technically yes, r1 7* would equal a max 5*, with 7* r2 equalling r3 6*, but the content we have available atm is moderately difficult with 5*r5 and easy peasy with r3 6*s.

Imho, before 7*s get released, we need some new content where they'd make sense to be used
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

It's not the time yet. I mean technically yes, r1 7* would equal a max 5*, with 7* r2 equalling r3 6*, but the content we have available atm is moderately difficult with 5*r5 and easy peasy with r3 6*s.

Imho, before 7*s get released, we need some new content where they'd make sense to be used

People are talking like 7* are confirmed in the next few months. We are talking likely at least a year before the announcement, and the announcement will be months before the actual release. This is a far future option, when act 7 and abyss is a distant memory
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

People are talking like 7* are confirmed in the next few months. We are talking likely at least a year before the announcement, and the announcement will be months before the actual release. This is a far future option, when act 7 and abyss is a distant memory
    Well if they are releasing 7 stars that would actually make a lot of sense on why content has been so dry since 7.1 dropped. I just think r4 6 stars are completely pointless and 7 stars are even worse because there is no content to justify its birth. r4 6 stars would pretty much ensure that we can solo all the abyss matches that are currently available and that's our most difficult content outside of act 6 which has already been nerfed.
  • Options

Kerneas said:

Well if they are releasing 7 stars that would actually make a lot of sense on why content has been so dry since 7.1 dropped. I just think r4 6 stars are completely pointless and 7 stars are even worse because there is no content to justify its birth. r4 6 stars would pretty much ensure that we can solo all the abyss matches that are currently available and that's our most difficult content outside of act 6 which has already been nerfed.
    It’ll be a while until rank 4s are here, until then, we may get a lot of content they are necessary in. Again, people are acting like 6 r4s will be here in the next month or two
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

It’ll be a while until rank 4s are here, until then, we may get a lot of content they are necessary in. Again, people are acting like 6 r4s will be here in the next month or two
    It'll be less than a year away and I still think that's inappropriate. So yes, I'm talking as though its less than a year away and it is. We still have a whole July 4th, black Friday and gifting event and it will certainly be here by Dec's gifting event. No one said one or two months away except you.
  • Options

Kerneas said:

It'll be less than a year away and I still think that's inappropriate. So yes, I'm talking as though its less than a year away and it is. We still have a whole July 4th, black Friday and gifting event and it will certainly be here by Dec's gifting event. No one said one or two months away except you.
    How do you know there won’t be any content to use 6 r4s on before they are here?