**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Resist??????

Dwayne55Dwayne55 Posts: 123
edited May 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
What is up with all of these random Champs having text pop up saying "resist" when you special or heavy them and your attacks doing considerably less damage. Have been seeing this in AQ and AW the last few days and my alliance mates are having the same problem. Is this some sort of bug? Anyone else experiencing this? It's not champ specific and occurs pretty frequently
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    I have this happening a lot in AQ..... I say almost ever Fight. I’ve not had it in AW yet though however.

I’m on IOS
  • Dwayne55Dwayne55 Posts: 123
    I'm not IOS and from what I can tell it's not phone dependent. It happens to me every single AQ fight as well. Maybe we can get some support staff on here and let us know what's going on.
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Dunno why it's in AQ but that feature is a mastery so in AW it wouldn't be weird.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Aburaees said:

Real resist stops champions being knocked over, but in AQ I’m seeing the resist text and the champ still gets knocked over, sometimes with apparently reduced damage.

Similarly whenever I dex with Sunspot whilst the opponent is incinerated the perfect block text pops up even though there is no block.

The perfect block thing, at least for me, has always done that.
    Yeah I understand there is a heavy Block resist mastery but the AI Champs don't all have that. Something is bugged with it if multiple people are experiencing it
    Zan0 said:

It has to do with this node. As the resist text always pops up during knock down. I haven't noticed the resist text actually have any effect

It does it to me with no mutants running a corvus team. Plus if text would pop up from a map mod for your team it'd be under your team and not the opponents for something like resist.
  • Hey there, do you happen to have any footage of what you're seeing? Or would you be able to tell us the Champion/team you were using at the time, the map you were on, what nodes were present at the time, or any other modifiers that might have been active?

Hey there, do you happen to have any footage of what you're seeing? Or would you be able to tell us the Champion/team you were using at the time, the map you were on, what nodes were present at the time, or any other modifiers that might have been active?

@Kabam Zibiit yeah I was using corvus proxima and NF. It was Map 5 AQ running the epic modifiers so sayeth doom and the power gain one the last two times
    Unfortunately we have already cleared the map and it is day 5 so no more AQ for the week. However if it is still occurring next week I'll get some game play videos of it occurring. Was just hoping to get it cleared up before next AQ because it's quite annoying and the lack of damage is frustrating
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

It has to do with this node. As the resist text always pops up during knock down. I haven't noticed the resist text actually have any effect

This has been like this since apocalypse aq season started

This has not been happening for me since apocalypse aq season started, it just started happening this most recent week of aq.

That node effect you showed gives the attacker a buff, why would resist show up on the defender if it was really that node causing it as long as the defender is still being successfully knocked down?

Hey there, do you happen to have any footage of what you're seeing? Or would you be able to tell us the Champion/team you were using at the time, the map you were on, what nodes were present at the time, or any other modifiers that might have been active?

Team was doom, vision and aa. Running map 5, can't recall previous modifiers in the week but last day was optimist. Seemed to only happen after I used a heavy, which I only did with doom. Happened on literally every opponent I fought, every single time I knocked them down with my heavy. They didn't fail to get knocked down and my stagger always applied so I have no idea what was supposedly being resisted.
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 266 ★★★
    It’s everywhere.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I keep seeing the resist test pop up in AQ only when the last hit of my special attack hits the enemy.

I used 3 different teams this past AQ and it happened with every champ in every fight
    movie Marvel - aegon - magik
    Movie marvel - aegon - doom
    Movie marvel - Gwenpool - Guillotine 2099

This is still happening in aq after the new update.
  • TriguyTriguy Posts: 61
    Can't be related to the mutant global node.
    Last week in map 5 with the rogue mini boss I used a team of corvus, cap IW, and doom. Zero mutants on my team and it still happened.
    This week, with map 5 mini boss being emma, I use the team of corvus, cap I w, and magneto. One mutant and still behaving exactly the same.

I have only noticed this the past week or two maybe. This is definitely not persisted since the beginning of apocalypse AQ boss cycle.
    Crine60 said:

Zan0 said:

Crine60 said:

This is still happening in aq after the new update.
    Can you guess why? It's because of this mutant modifier. And I have yet to see anyone show evidence it has any negative effect.
    I don't see what that has to do with resist popping up since there is nothing in that modifier that the opponent would resist but even if you are correct it is still a bug that could have unknown effects or interactions with other things down the line.

The mod asked for more information on it and no one from Kabam itself has actually acknowledged that they have seen this happen or have any idea of why it is happening or what it could mean so your repeated assertion of what the cause is is irrelevant to the issue of notifying Kabam. You aren't the gatekeeper for people providing info to Kabam on bugs so I couldn't care less whether anyone has shown you evidence of a negative effect from it.

Just because you may not see any effect from a bug at this time doesn't mean it should just be left as is or that we can't notify Kabam of it in the forum they created specifically for bugs to be reported and discussed. Kabam regularly adds additional content and features or effects that have unintended effects or interactions with other parts of the code. If something is not functioning correctly and they have the chance to address it before it causes actual problems with the gameplay then that is a good thing and not something that should just be ignored.

Your response, to me, seems snarky and condescending, and I feel is intended to tell us we shouldn't be posting about this bug anymore and should just ignore it because you, and not the actual developers, have diagnosed the cause. You have no right to decide what communication we can have with Kabam on this forum or what information we can attempt to provide them, especially when they have explicitly asked for more information.
    Thank you. One its not linked to just AQ. Like I posted above I've seen it at times when playing in AW and monthly side quests. It's been all over the game like a couple other people said above. And two its definitely not a good look that the bug keeps popping up all the time in tons of fights.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Triguy said:

There is absolutely nothing in that mutant modifier that lists anything about resist. There's no reason to believe that that has anything to do with it. I don't know why that keeps getting brought up.
    It also happens regardless if I have any mutants on my team or not.

Do you know what a bug is? Also it is connected because it only happens when that node is active.
    Just got the resist text popping up in AQ now - map 5.... Except this happened when I performed a heavy attack with movie marvel.

I know it’s not a major issue, but It seems to be happening in every AQ fight . Has kabam tested this themselves ???????

• JustinU21JustinU21 Posts: 75 ★★
    Been happening to me and others in my alliance on Map 5 as well, regardless of what champs we bring in.
    Still happening in today’s AQ
    edited May 2021
    Zan0 said:

MikeHock said:

Still happening in today’s AQ

Can you guess what node we rolled again that is causing this bug?

Can you provide any evidence that any AQ node is causing this “resist” bug ??