**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

One Eye Open!!

I’m fairly a new “Namor” user and I thought he was a great counter for “one eye open” node but for some reason while fighting Hood in Cavalier difficulty, Namor is taking a huge chunk of damage while hood is stunned! Am I missing something here?

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Is yours narmor max sig asmuing he is but regardless don’t know
  • Options
    noor17noor17 Posts: 53
    Gamer said:

Yeah, he is sig 200! That’s what Bugged me as well.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    noor17 said:

I’m fairly a new “Namor” user and I thought he was a great counter for “one eye open” node but for some reason while fighting Hood in Cavalier difficulty, Namor is taking a huge chunk of damage while hood is stunned! Am I missing something here?

Namors ability was changed specifically for this node if I remember correctly. He was just killing defenders in aq with 1 or 2 hits. So it was changed that he reflects the damage only after his stun ends.

Edit.: Here is the message
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/154071/incoming-fix-namor-s-damage-reflection-and-interaction-with-one-eye-open-node
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    noor17 said:

You used a sp2 didn't you? If your sp2 stuns, you'll take a big chunk of damage back due to the change that's already been mentioned here. Also don't use a sp3 while they're stunned.

Kabam wanted to stop people cheesing AQ and broke Namor in the process. Rather than actually fix him or the node, they pulled the old "working as intended" trope out. Went back and forth with support for weeks before finally giving up.
  • Options
    Regular combos are fine. Sp3s while they aren't stunned are fine. Sp2 is super dangerous. You can't play Namor exactly like you normally would and still have to play around the node a bit but you can still use him for it just fine
  • Options

noor17 said:

You used a sp2 didn't you? If your sp2 stuns, you'll take a big chunk of damage back due to the change that's already been mentioned here. Also don't use a sp3 while they're stunned.

Kabam wanted to stop people cheesing AQ and broke Namor in the process. Rather than actually fix him or the node, they pulled the old "working as intended" trope out. Went back and forth with support for weeks before finally giving up.
    Ya. I read your thread and it was pretty bad. You think he is still worth investing in? Is he bad only for this node or is he broken in general? I don't have him above 4 star and don't use him in general, just asking in case I ever pull him as 5 star.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

noor17 said:

Ya. I read your thread and it was pretty bad. You think he is still worth investing in? Is he bad only for this node or is he broken in general? I don't have him above 4 star and don't use him in general, just asking in case I ever pull him as 5 star.
    I absolutely do. I have a R3 sig 200 6*. He's a niche champ but his sig is so unique that often where you'd want to use him, hardly anyone works well for. Champs like Omega and Gambit can get around some of the same things but no one else avoids ALL incoming damage while attacking.

As long as you're okay with the fact that you're investing in someone that you more than likely won't use super often, he's still an incredibly useful tool to have available. Wouldn't recommend him as someone's first R5 probably, but for someone filling gaps in a decent roster, he can still be great.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

noor17 said:

I absolutely do. I have a R3 sig 200 6*. He's a niche champ but his sig is so unique that often where you'd want to use him, hardly anyone works well for. Champs like Omega and Gambit can get around some of the same things but no one else avoids ALL incoming damage while attacking.

As long as you're okay with the fact that you're investing in someone that you more than likely won't use super often, he's still an incredibly useful tool to have available. Wouldn't recommend him as someone's first R5 probably, but for someone filling gaps in a decent roster, he can still be great.
    Ya. I am not for prestige, just the utility he provides. May be not as 6 star since sig stones are rare for ftp. But I can easily max the 5 star.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

noor17 said:

Ya. I am not for prestige, just the utility he provides. May be not as 6 star since sig stones are rare for ftp. But I can easily max the 5 star.
    Yeah, 6* sigs are a pretty tough one to gauge where a player should put them. I was fine investing the sigs in him personally as I do push the high prestige ranks (Namor has quite high prestige) but he also benefits massively as far as use from those sigs as well. I'd rather get some super useful niche utility along with a massive prestige boost than just prestige on its own. As far as the 5*, I think he's worth investing in for anyone who's working on flushing out a roster for Act 6 exploration and starting in Act 7 still though .
  • Options
    Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★
    noor17 said:

Gamer said:

I don't know why but namor reflects the one eyed open node damage only when doing normal combos and not specials, I did that hood with him and he never received damage while I attacked him with normal combos but I did an sp2 and he received some damage back.
  • Options
    Steam97 said:

noor17 said:

Gamer said:

I don't know why but namor reflects the one eyed open node damage only when doing normal combos and not specials, I did that hood with him and he never received damage while I attacked him with normal combos but I did an sp2 and he received some damage back.
    Read this thread about what happened.

Also, here's one if the bug threads some of us were posting in when the change was actually made:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/945945