Sunspot, Or Human Torch

Poopdigs6Poopdigs6 Member Posts: 46
Listen guys I know this is a bit controversial, but honestly I kinda like sunspot better. Look, most of you are going to say Human Torch right, but here's the thing, Sunspot hits like a truck, and has great synergies, and has an asstounding special 2. On the other hand, Human Torch hits pretty good, his incinerate is more potent, and all his specials are decent. (Bonus thing on Human Torch, you take incinerate when you hit him.)

So I guess it's up to you, who's better, Human Torch, or Sunspot. 😎👍

Comments

• JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Member Posts: 2,048 ★★★★★
    HT
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Member Posts: 713 ★★★
    Sunspot is a bit outdated these days. All he has is big yellow numbers and perfect block. Talking about HT, he can reverse heal, melts mystic, nova flames just shred through the opponent, counters miss, counters one of the most annoying defenders such as ebony maw, Dormammu, Mojo which sunspot can't.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,573 ★★★★★
    I have both. Torch at 5r5 and sunspot at 6r2. Most times I have both on my team for quests. Sunspot is majestic for lane clearing and boss fights depending on the boss and nodes. Torch however just shreds bosses and problematic fights/nodes with his pre flight. If you forced me to choose one, I'd go with Torch simply because of nova flames. There isn't a single champ or node that is immune to them currently.
  • IKONIKON Member Posts: 1,351 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    IKON said:

Have both Sunspot and HT at R3, and it's not that close, HT is the much more useful champ.

Elaborating on this, Sunspot is a good champ for most fights, solid 8/10 option, but doesn't really excel at any matchups.

HT on the other hand is a 4/10 in 60% of fights, and an 10/10 in 40%.

I value HT more because he obliterates mystics and energy attackers, and the fights sunspot does well in, there is someone else who probably does just as well.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Member Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Torch solves so many more problems.
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Member Posts: 210
    Actually both have different usage for different scenario

Sunspot is basically a perfect lane cleaner if you are good at doing paries.. quick burst damage with few utility (immunity, perfect block, debuffs)

On the other hand HT is perfect against mystic and champs who use energy based attack (specially in basic hit combo)
    but some people also use him for miss counter and heal reverse.. but if you have strong rosters then probably you will use other champs for miss & regeneration counter and will not waste his prefight for some good damage..
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Member Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    HT has more uses for me. I have a max 5* and an R2 6* that I plan to take to R3 as my first science. Mystics melt. And that prefight melts everyone else. Also counters evade and miss.

Sunspot has nice perfect block and a huge sp2. But can be tricky on nodes you can't parry. On certain fights with power drain or in AW where it's hard to throw a special, you can run out of charges and then the fight can go sideways if you can't get to an SP3.

Ultimately, go with the play style you prefer or the utility you need.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Member Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    HT; Sunspot is easier to replace.

Sunspot looks cooler though.
  • AleorAleor Member Posts: 3,084 ★★★★★
    Both are great, but it looks like you ignore nova flame, wich can bypass a lot of annoying things
  • Iron_J3Iron_J3 Member Posts: 269
    Late to this - Torch and Sunspot are both badasses! Can’t go wrong with either. Recently pulled both as 4* (almost done with Act 4) and both are quickly becoming my favorite champs. Along with BW Claire V and Spidey 2099. We all like who we like in the game. Nothing wrong with that. I’d lean Sunspot though if forced to have HT or SS.
  • ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Member Posts: 624 ★★
    I know you want to hear "rank who you like" but it's not gonna happen, not today, No sir!
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Member Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Iron_J3 said:

Late to this - Torch and Sunspot are both badasses! Can’t go wrong with either. Recently pulled both as 4* (almost done with Act 4) and both are quickly becoming my favorite champs. Along with BW Claire V and Spidey 2099. We all like who we like in the game. Nothing wrong with that. I’d lean Sunspot though if forced to have HT or SS.

⚰️ R.I.P. this thread

Bro, not just late - this thread is dead by 1.5 years. Let it rest in peace. As a 4* both are fine cause the content isn't that difficult and you can blast through most of it with a couple big specials.

When you're weighing 6* R4 materials, Sunspot ain't worth them anymore. He shines in a couple specific nodes, but there are too many better mutants now anyway.

Torch is miles above Sunspot in every way... Synergies, power control, heal counter, mystic melter, nova flame destroyer, miss counter, etc.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Member Posts: 1,936 ★★★★★
    Sunspot's gonna have more damage in general matchups but when Torch fights where torch likes to fight hes much better
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Member Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I've never understood why everyone compares these two. They have very different uses and kits, the big similarity is that they are both fiery boys.
  • Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Member Posts: 379
    Torch is simply most used war champion bcoz he is the counter of that class which have highest number of defenders
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,842 ★★★★★

Torch is simply most used war champion bcoz he is the counter of that class which have highest number of defenders

3 year old post...
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,899 ★★★★★

You are repeatedly necroing threads. It's time to stawp