**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So it's total BS that Mephisto not only stops Ice Armor at the start of fight...

But stops it from reforming too. This is clearly a bug as the reform timer should automatically kick in any time ice armor is not active...

Comments

• Actually this is how it is supposed to work

Ice armour is a buff on a timer

When you were to fate seal iceman right before he was about to get his ice armour it would remove the timer and iceman would not be able to reform it unless you use the l3

This also happens with mordo’s power gain

Mephisto’s soul inprisonment is a form of fate seal I guess you could say therefore is able to stop iceman from reforming his iceman unless the iceman uses his l3
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Seems like another FU from kabam because they know he was a valuable champ to go against him being immune to incinerate.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Well he sort of supposed to be a counter to iceman...among others. I like him.
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    Seems like another FU from kabam because they know he was a valuable champ to go against him being immune to incinerate.

Yup and bc of that i wont be able to 100% master mode leaving mephisto the only mission not 100%
  • DesT_ToxiCDesT_ToxiC Posts: 9
    You can reform the Ice Armor through SP3. So if you can survive until you gain your SP3 you can probably beat the fight without Ice Armor
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    As mentioned ice armour always worked that way.
    Using soul boosts has made this event quite easy (mostly fierce soul boost for me and spectre when I remember to throw it on for mephisto). You should be able to out heal 1 incinerate buff maybe two but I just back away when I see them stack anyways.

Bleed champs work best for me I suggest fillimg your team with them.

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    You need to time your l3(if in master mode) and then it activates ice armor. By time it I mean he'll suck your power out of you and ya gotta hit it as soon as the l3 is activated.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

Yup and bc of that i wont be able to 100% master mode leaving mephisto the only mission not 100%

Why does it matter if he has his ice armor up or not? Against Mephisto?
  • Actually this is how it is supposed to work

Ice armour is a buff on a timer

When you were to fate seal iceman right before he was about to get his ice armour it would remove the timer and iceman would not be able to reform it unless you use the l3

This also happens with mordo’s power gain

Mephisto’s soul inprisonment is a form of fate seal I guess you could say therefore is able to stop iceman from reforming his iceman unless the iceman uses his l3

But when you use ghost rider's sp1, that fate seal won't remove the timer
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    danielmath wrote: »

The idea is that you don't need to power control mephisto's t3 with ice armor active.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »

The idea is that you don't need to power control mephisto's t3 with ice armor active.

Is there all or nothing in master mode?
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    I don't have any form of iceman and I still easily defeated every run of master mode without using any items. I'm not saying I'm impressive in any way. I'm sure large numbers of players did exactly the same.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    I do not recall it forming after an sp3
  • Mephisto is hard, I agree to it, but ice Armor ain't the answer. Him and hulk is still good. Hulk with health steal at 25% works well. I don't even worry about sp3 bcoz it's really easy to spam his specials.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    I used quake on him, her concussion kept his incinerate from activating
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I've only beat him once so far for completion and I wasn't looking forward to it from what I've read about him.
    I used Thor with the spectre soul boost.

He didn't regen and Thor smashed him to pieces.
    Overall this is an easy monthly event quest
    Sadly i dont have thor and my hulk is r4. Also my quake is r5 but her sig lvl is 50
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Sadly i dont have thor and my hulk is r4. Also my quake is r5 but her sig lvl is 50

Sig level only helps her reduce block damage, and there really isn't much of a difference between sig 99 and sig 50 with her
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★

It's not impossible without him.

Yeah I used SL, Magik, GP... anyone can beat him, not just iceman.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Use the fierce soul boost for the whole level and you should reach him with 5 healthy champs, then bait his l1 and dodge back and bait until his aura runs out, after my first champ dies I switch to the regen reversal boost, and I can consistently beat him with two champs
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,348 ★★★★★
    Sp3 for iceman 100% works since I've been doing it and he ain't that hard just don't get hit by the aura and u can kill easily when it activates make sure to not go near it he is pretty easy to kill
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

If you are saying u can only beat him with iceman then your not ready. I dropped him with my 4* hulk. Who just hits harder and harder as his health drops
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Also, DS also breaks ice armour with counterspell, so it is not something new
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Use the boosts you get if you struggle with Mephisto. Up to his node, use the Fierce boost, which gives health Steal and then the Spectre boost on Mephisto himself. You can even let your first couple of champs use the Fierce boost regen benefit to counter some of the Aura of Incineration damage. Make sure you have activated the Spectre boost to deal with Mephisto’s regen once he is close to the regen point.

Iceman isn’t the only answer by a long shot.

Dr. Zola
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    It's kind of funny when people's IWIN button gets broken. Mephisto master isn't hard. Especially with Blades buffs. I didn't use Iceman and 100% master with relative ease.
    Monk1 wrote: »

If you are saying u can only beat him with iceman then your not ready. I dropped him with my 4* hulk. Who just hits harder and harder as his health drops

R5 hulk?
    DrZola wrote: »
    Use the boosts you get if you struggle with Mephisto. Up to his node, use the Fierce boost, which gives health Steal and then the Spectre boost on Mephisto himself. You can even let your first couple of champs use the Fierce boost regen benefit to counter some of the Aura of Incineration damage. Make sure you have activated the Spectre boost to deal with Mephisto’s regen once he is close to the regen point.

Iceman isn’t the only answer by a long shot.

Dr. Zola

I have no problem reaching him with full health
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    I'm not saying I can't get through master otherwise, I'm just saying it is crappy design. Between that and Mephisto's immunity to ability accuracy reduction, this is just plain bad game design. There isn't a single other character in the game that so completely nulifies everything another character does, except for like classic Black Panther since bleed is his ONLY thing. Almost any other character at least has one other ability that would be relevant against any opponent. BW vs. Spiderman? He still gets his armor break/crit boost/weaken. Ice armor should be a passive since it already has built in removal mechanics.
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    Yea I agree, it’s very annoying. IceMan and Gwenpool are my main champs to go on quests with, and when fighting Mephisto I had the same problem