**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So… Guilotine 2099…

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
I made a post about a month ago about how I thought G2099 was overrated after I had played her as a Rank 5, 5 Star champion. Of course, many in the forums said I was crazy.

I still stand by some of my initial criticism (I HATE that you have to end on a Special 3 - she’d be so much better if you could end with any special). However, I must say, I’m really impressed with that degeneration damage, the heavy attack combo shield, and that backup regeneration (just as I have thought with my Rank 3 awakened 6 Star Hulkbuster) really is a great piece of utility for the champion.

However, at the risk of being criticized yet again, I have another inquiry- do you use her pre-fight? After playing with her for 2 months, I honestly don’t use ANY - I find them to be more tacky and less useful than just building up that degeneration (or if low on health, regeneration). Thoughts?

Comments

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I don’t use the prefight unless I need the power steal which is very rare. The other two are worthless considering what you sacrifice.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I use the heal prefight when I'm running suicides.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I use the heal pre fight if I’m using her in longform content or if I’m running suis, power drain in more niche scenarios, and basically never the crit
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I use the heal pre fight if I’m using her in longform content or if I’m running suis, power drain in more niche scenarios, and basically never the crit

Ngl I forget she has the crit one. Haven’t used it once
  • I use her on the regular and I never use her pre-fight. When I have, I didn't notice much of a difference for help. Maybe the crit on every 20th hit but that's about it.
  • N1nthcloudN1nthcloud Posts: 343 ★★★
    I dont see why my comment needed approval
  • Ladpcw78Ladpcw78 Posts: 69
    Was one of my first 6 stars. I always thought she was good until she was my first R3 for Thronebaker and it changed everything but her pre fight isn’t really needed. For the right lane she kills it
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    I use the crit one if I need to end fights faster like a war boss. Trigger an sp2 as the 20th hit and the damage is massive. Sometimes I use it when I don’t start with 100 combo to make the ramp up fight faster.

I use the power drain on all or nothing nodes, making her one of the best options.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

I'll only use pre fights when it's absolutely required. They're only really useful in niche situations. Apart from then, you'll want to keep them for the extra regen and armour (take less block damage)

A few situations off the top of my head:
    Power drain for Havok can help keep the plasmas down if you don't want as many debuffs on yourself
    Power drain for very high power gain scenarios where you can't gain enough power to spam SP1
    Regen for LoL fights can be used to regen chip damage, but personally I'd keep both there
    Power drain for any scenario there is healing you want to reverse so need the SP2, however there is the secondary option to just out damage it

The power drain on medium doesn't work on Havok because it is a power burn not a power drain. Havok's abilities are weirdly specific in that. Only power drain works - Power steal, power burn, power reversal and anything other than power drain doesn't work.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I don't use the Prefights so the Sp1 Power Drain becomes stronger, the increased Armor and Regen is nice too.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

I'll only use pre fights when it's absolutely required. They're only really useful in niche situations. Apart from then, you'll want to keep them for the extra regen and armour (take less block damage)

Power drain for Havok can help keep the plasmas down if you don't want as many debuffs on yourself
    Power drain for very high power gain scenarios where you can't gain enough power to spam SP1
    Regen for LoL fights can be used to regen chip damage, but personally I'd keep both there
    Power drain for any scenario there is healing you want to reverse so need the SP2, however there is the secondary option to just out damage it

The power drain on medium doesn't work on Havok because it is a power burn not a power drain. Havok's abilities are weirdly specific in that. Only power drain works - Power steal, power burn, power reversal and anything other than power drain doesn't work.
    Why don't you actually try it out before saying this?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,213 ★★★★★
    Ill pitch in one more interaction.

Use 2 pre fights and she doesn't start with armor, which was useful against symsupreme, so no nullify damage.
    Have used it few times in map6.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Why don't you actually try it out before saying this?
    I believe I already did unless I'm misremembering. I will as soon as my champs are free from AW
  • Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    If I do use a preflight it will only be the one that builds health every time she uses a medium. But thats only if I've used her a bunch already and she's getting low on health.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

https://youtu.be/-wBkyLwW_PI
    In this fight his plasma charges are removed when power burned