**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Would you like a update buffing the weaker champs???

LeonBeni93LeonBeni93 Posts: 69
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Let me explain first.I believe with 5* champs becoming more important and the 6 starts coming soon,but still needing time and effort to acquire(which is absolutely logical) it becomes even more frustrating to pull some of the weaker champs as a 5*(or 6* in the near future).Trying to equal the field by buffing the weaker champs i believe would be the right solution.We already don't have any real god-tiers(pre-12.0) champs...which for me is fine,but still there is huge gap between most god/demi-god tier champs and amazing/good/meh tier champs(referring to seatin's list for comparison)!In addition I believe this could help apply diversity in AW without the need of making it a must,its obvious making some champs greater defenders will led us to use them in defence more!Lastly i do understand its not an easy process not for the developers and even more for all of us who might want to change their rosters after such an update,but considering the current state of AW(and the changes which nee and will probably happen again to it) as well as 6* champions coming into the game,maybe its the right time to do one more huge update,equal the field and re-apply the rank-down tickets!

Would you like a update buffing the weaker champs??? 57 votes

Yes!
89%
Neroa65Vdh2008ShrimkinsGolden_GuardianFuzzylumpsDarkestDestroyerHaji_SaabNoob_2yrsJay_IberoGriffoplayNyaleSpinocUbA_LiBrEYellsomeLewisTheLlamaMillybearRaaINTEGRALMorollan_100adqqedfyvr 51 votes
No!
10%
StefffSpity68KyrkantDave_the_destroyerBUZZdog3000Bouv12 6 votes

Comments

• Samuel030sSamuel030s Posts: 125
    Yes!
    It would make sense to buff basically all of the Science class for the sake of balance, however, I do not think that they should issue out RTD's.
  • Agree the Science Class needs a buff,and i really hope Kabam does so(maybe they will add some strong since champs in the future but buffing some of the already existent should be really great!).About the RDT's i only mentioned them because I've seen a lot of asking for them lately and maybe future changes in AW,6* addition and a update changing quite a few of the already existent champs could justify re-issuing them(although i understand why some are against,as well as probably Kabam)!

BTW i would love to see more comments about the voting for this poll,i was really divided if i should make it a discussion thread or a poll...opted for a poll to make it easier to participate and be able to have a better view of the community thoughts on that,but I'd really appreciate more comments!!!
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited October 2017
    No!
    Like all these requests, this would cost Kabam a shed load of money, so it will never happen. So why ask?

You could get 10,000 yes votes, still wont happen

I would love it, I have literally every **** older champ going. But it simply wont happen, like ever
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Yes!
    Buffing the older champs would be great. Unfortunately it would cut right through the fragile threads that this game is holding on to at the moment. Can you imagine the chaos and frustration that would ensue as a couple dozen champs were buffed and caused bugs to start crawling out the woodwork? Well, I can.
  • I thought why making this poll....The answer is yes its really tough and highly unlikely to happen,but i believe the only way forward for this game is to try and give some feedback(positive feedback) to developers/Kabam.They might not listen,or at least not do it for a million reasons but still pointing changes that most people on this community would like to see can only help this game improve.

As i explained in the first post,i really think thats the right time to update the champs.We are having a lot changes with AW,6* champs knocking the door(and even AI and other changes) that we can surely afford one more big change..imagine lets say February,AW is in stable phase,6* are starting to get more adapted to the game and serious bugs are fixed...and then an update changing the champs comes up...that will be devastating.Also as new champs are added to the game and most times are good string champs(at least in the last few months most of them were solid champs) then the older weaker ones will become even more useless and the gap will just increase.Thats what i hope Kabam will realise before its too late and fix it!
  • StefffStefff Posts: 121
    No!
    People fail to realize that some of the best champs are older. Cap WW2, Wolverine, SW, SL; some of the best champions in the game, and all were introduced very early. And the worst champs are almost all newer. Luke Cage, Kamahla Kahn, Spidergwen, Loki, et cetera were all added recently-ish. There is a mix, therefore, of old and new in the top tiers, and older and simpler champions are fine without a buff.
  • RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    SW should get a new outfit/design (buff) I really hate all this pink. :P
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    I spoke to a couple of the team members while at NYCC, and they said that they are looking to refresh and update some of the older champions because they haven't been able to keep up with the changing dynamic of the game.

It can't/won't happen all at once because that's a huge overhaul and it's easier to do a few at a time, but they are working on it.
  • Hi all,
    According to this new interview with Luke Takeuchi, they are discussing and possibly planning some updates to some of these older characters.

https://www.gameskinny.com/txjku/interview-with-marvel-contest-of-champions-producer-luke-takeuchi

It sounds as though they are very aware that many of the original champs are very "basic" in their abilities when compared to the more complex champions we see entering the contest today.

It seems like there could be plenty of minor tweaks to the originals that could bring their usefulness up to present-day standards without throwing the balance completely out of whack. Granted, not all of them need tweaks, but it would still be interesting to see others get some changes made and be brought "out of storage".

If you'd like more info and discussions, feel free to visit the Infinity Watch rooms on line.

http://line.me/R/ti/g/lVC7amOjKd
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,869 ★★★★★
    Yes!
    They could do amazing things with champs, what about something like:

Iron fist - every 10 seconds he gains more Chi or when taking so much damage he gains more Chi.

Hulkbuster, in the film he flies in new parts for the armour, so maybe he could sort of do that by regenerating at certain times.

Luke Cage, becomes unstoppable and indestructible throughout the fight.

I mean there are endless things they could do without making them god Tier but will be far from rubbish
  • Thanks @kconrad37 and @TheInfinityWatch for the info,i didn't have any idea of this and i am really happy to see that they understand and care to fix this!Also as you guys said there are million things they can do to those champs to bring their usefulness in par with todays standards(without making them god tiers) and i am sure they can do a very good job on that!Last but not least @Stefff you are right about those top old champs,i agree they don't need any tweaks(I even don't understand the cap in SL sig.ability...)!
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    No!
    It still won't happen though, will it? Anyone could come up with great upgrades and tweaks etc for the older champs. But Kabam will never allocate the resources to doing any of them. So, again, I ask, why bother asking, there really is no point