My first ever four star is black bolt, is he good?

RaindoRaindo Member Posts: 39
I'm excited that he's my first four star, but I still only have cosmic or mystic champions, 6 mystic 3 stars four of them duped, 6 cosmic three stars one of them duped and now black bolt as my first four star who's also cosmic

Comments

• RaindoRaindo Member Posts: 39
    Cap253 wrote: »
    Don't worry dude! He's amazing.. I have him at 4/40 .. my only cosmic champ till now

Awesome, I need to wait until the cosmic event to get him to rank two, and even then it might be another week because i.need three of the tier two cosmic catalysts

I also have a lot of those blue glowing catalysts that are apparently used to rank up 4 stars which is awesome
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Black Bolt's special 2 animation is nice.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    For a first 4*, he’s pretty good. He will be a reliable piece of your team as you add more. As @winterthur alludes, however, he actually takes damage from using his Sp2, which is a holdover from the game’s early days and, in my opinion, outdated. Use his Sp1 to stun and armor break or his Sp3 instead.

Good luck.

Dr. Zola
  • Player1994Player1994 Member Posts: 793 ★★★
    not the good and not the worse
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Member Posts: 301 ★★
    Forget special 2.

Get up to special 3. Bait out the enemy to make sure their special meter is empty. Hit your special 3.

If the enemy is stunned (It's a 90% chance, but watch out for that other 10%), you're golden. Do a 5 hit combo. Quickly do another 2 medium attacks. Do *another* 5 hit combo. At that point you have enough energy for a special 1, so do that. That's a 13 hit combo.

Also, the special 1 has a 70% chance of stunning the opponent, so you might be able to extend it to an 18 hit combo.

Also, he's poison immune.

I'm pretty happy with my Black Bolt.
  • ReinaReina Member Posts: 280
    He’s pretty giod
    Goodg
    Rrrrr... autocorrect
    WHAT I MEANT TO SAY
    he’s pretty good
  • Ck124Ck124 Member Posts: 3
    He's awesome!!! His armor break is good,his immunity to poison, his stun+stun duration is good
  • DaMunkDaMunk Member Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He's not God tier but I tend to think he's underrated. His stuns and armor break are really good. There's some good advice here. Don't be scared to rank him up to 40. His poison immunity is actually a very good attribute to have, it's sometimes overlooked.
  • SuperSam57SuperSam57 Member Posts: 325
    I like my dupped 4/40 Black Bolt, he helped through the 100% completion of Act 4. I really like his special 2, I get really good damage plus stun.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Member Posts: 916 ★★★
    Black Bolt is pretty decent for a first 4*. He can deal some nice damage especially with his L2 if the hits crit, and he can stun with his specials so that's pretty good. And as the icing on the cake, he is poison immune so he can counter the dreaded Abomination if you ever face him.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Member Posts: 646 ★★
    edited October 2017
    If you pulled him from a PHC is good because any 4* from a PHC is good.

He's not the worst but there re better options you could dream.

I would say you rank 3 him, except if you're swimming in T4BC and don't have more 4*s.
    About poison immunitie it's a very common immunitie here, but you already have one until you get another better.

He was my first 4* BTW.
    And my first 3* (and I hated rank 2 him, now he is maxedup anyway).
  • RaindoRaindo Member Posts: 39
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    If you pulled him from a PHC is good because any 4* from a PHC is good.

He's not the worst but there re better options you could dream.

I would say you rank 3 him, except if you're swimming in T4BC and don't have more 4*s.
    About poison immunitie it's a very common immunitie here, but you already have one until you get another better.

He was my first 4* BTW.
    And my first 3* (and I hated rank 2 him, now he is maxedup anyway).

Yeah he seems really good for a first four star, I hope he gets me far, got him from a four star crystal that took me 4 weeks to get
  • _LivingDeadGirl_LivingDeadGirl Member Posts: 160
    Since my first two 4* were from shard crystals and we're iron patriot and beast I'd say yes he absolutely is a good first pull.

Poison immunity and stun abilities are both excellent traits to have for your first 4*. Eventually you might get an Angela, Hyperion, Thor but for now he's solid.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Who in the world flagged the @_LivingDeadGirl comment above? How is that even remotely abuse or spam to respond politely to the OP's questions and offer observations that are nothing but helpful?

In fact, who flagged nearly every post in this thread, including mine above? If you have a problem with players using the forums to communicate and share their thoughts, why not come out from hiding behind the anonymous flag and state your case if you have one?

Dr. Zola
  • DaMunkDaMunk Member Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Woolverine is back. Lol. People are flag happy anymore. Not very adult really
  • ProtisakProtisak Member Posts: 66
    If you fill his power meter to 1.5 good chance to chain stun
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Member Posts: 726 ★★★
    he sucks
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,289 ★★★★★

he sucks

Nice 2 year Necro. Can the mods shut this thread down already? I bet OP has already passed first 4* milestone LONG ago