**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Marvel’s Loki Discussion Thread

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
Since we are about 5 hours from the opening episode, figured I’d make this thread. I’m sure Mephisto is behind THIS one.

One thing we will have to keep in mind is that this isn’t redeemed Loki from Infinity War this is “Burdened with Glorious Purpose” Avengers Loki.

Comments

• SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    First time chime in:

It’s been confirmed that Loki is gender fluid in the MCU. So we should no longer refer to him as just him only, but her at times as well; depending on his form of course.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

First time chime in:

It’s been confirmed that Loki is gender fluid in the MCU. So we should no longer refer to him as just him only, but her at times as well.

Eh, imma stick with him. If he clarifies what he's feelin each episode, I might change but to me I just see Tom Hiddleston *MAN*. Although it is yet to be determined if he is 'truly' genderfluid or the government classified him that way as a way to categorize his shapeshifting. I don't think it's too important.
    DawsMan said:

First time chime in:

It’s been confirmed that Loki is gender fluid in the MCU. So we should no longer refer to him as just him only, but her at times as well.

Eh, imma stick with him. If he clarifies what he's feelin each episode, I might change but to me I just see Tom Hiddleston *MAN*. Although it is yet to be determined if he is 'truly' genderfluid or the government classified him that way as a way to categorize his shapeshifting. I don't think it's too important.
    Yea, but It’s another instance of the MCU more closely following or referencing what’s already been established in the 616 Universe.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

First time chime in:

It’s been confirmed that Loki is gender fluid in the MCU. So we should no longer refer to him as just him only, but her at times as well; depending on his form of course.

Um not trying to offend anyone but I think it's alright to call Loki a he
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

First time chime in:

Yea, but It’s another instance of the MCU more closely following or referencing what’s already been established in the 616 Universe.
    So what is your point here? I haven't read a lot of the comics. Are you saying that it's important because it follows the comic books...? Either way, it's a show, this is a game, I still don't think it matters what you call him.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Before this derails into politics/gender stuff, let’s talk about
    Owen Wilson and his time cop gig

Also don’t forget spoilers
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Anyone else notice that Loki had an election badge in one of the trailers, maybe the vote for loki plotline.
    Also he was sitting with black widow... or not? Not sure lol.
    edited June 2021
    DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

First time chime in:

So what is your point here? I haven't read a lot of the comics. Are you saying that it's important because it follows the comic books...? Either way, it's a show, this is a game, I still don't think it matters what you call him.
    Look, I’m not trying to make a statement, just brought up that point as I read about it recently on IGN. Chill mate, it’s just an interesting tidbit of information that Marvel themselves have confirmed ahead of the release later today. I’m just sharing the news, no need to get all fed up with the messenger.
    edited June 2021
    Look for this show to have the widest reaching ramifications ala multiversal ones in the MCU. The director has already come out to say Mephistopheles is not involved here; but we shall see, could be a massive misdirection.

Unlike Wandavision, it’s also been confirmed that Loki’s story will continue in a second season that’s already under production.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★

Anyone else notice that Loki had an election badge in one of the trailers, maybe the vote for loki plotline.

That wasn't black widow. That was that other actress that people think is lady loki

That wasn't black widow. That was that other actress that people think is lady loki
    We’ll see how that pans out, maybe their forms split or that’s a dream sequence cos male Loki and Lady Loki are one and the same.

Since we are about 5 hours from the opening episode, figured I’d make this thread. I’m sure Mephisto is behind THIS one.

One thing we will have to keep in mind is that this isn’t redeemed Loki from Infinity War this is “Burdened with Glorious Purpose” Avengers Loki.

Well that should be common knowledge by now for all of us who’ve seen Endgame. Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past 3 years.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    I personally think loki's whole thing for this season is accidently absolutely obliterating the timeline. So thats why a season 2 would be in place. Where he fixes it.
    H3t3r said:

I personally think loki's whole thing for this season is accidently absolutely obliterating the timeline. So thats why a season 2 would be in place. Where he fixes it.

It’s possible. But we’ll have to see what happens in Dr Strange 2 as well to have a better idea of where season 2 is heading.
    @SatsuiNoHadou don't forget to put spoiler brackets around anything that is more than "Loki and timeline weird".

Especially things like "the director already said xyz."

Thanks mate
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Hm, surprised this wasn’t made by Funko
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Wouldn't it be easier to have "spoilers inside" in the thread title for anyone silly enough to read about a show they haven't watched yet who might complain when reading about the show?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

Hm, surprised this wasn’t made by Funko

I made one. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/268199/loki-discussion-thread#latest

However, comments don’t bump it up to the top anymore @Hera1d_of_Ga1actus

Thanks mods!

Edit: appears the same fate has befallen this thread
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    That was an enjoyable first episode and anyone who doesn't know who D.B. Cooper is, read this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 668 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    A lotta things didn't make sense to me on this show(Marvel did a really good job in botching up multiversal theories) but it cool Loki has been given purpose now"
    "
    good episode. I've decided not to try figuring out what's going on and when Loki's lying and just enjoy the ride.
    another good episode.
    I feel like next episode they are gonna get Deus Ex Machina-ed by Mobius in the first bit of E4. Either way I do like where the story is going, but I feel like there hasn’t been much breathing room for stuff to develop. This definitely felt like filler which worries me because the biggest thing that happened was the teaming of Loki and Sylvia and the discovery that the TVA enslaves “variants”. Idk I feel like that in a 6 episode series it should have more plot happening in every episode similar to the first two

Still enjoyed watching it and it’s been the best part of my Wednesday so far
    oh wait maybe he took some infinity stones with him and is using the reality stone to interrogate her. Reason for thinking this is that he reverse timed that falling building. Or he could have pretended the tempad was broken and used that somehow.
    he used magic.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

oh wait maybe he took some infinity stones with him and is using the reality stone to interrogate her. Reason for thinking this is that he reverse timed that falling building. Or he could have pretended the tempad was broken and used that somehow.
    Loki has telekinetic powers.
    How come people not know this?
    We even see him use it in Thor the dark world.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Djin said:

Loki has telekinetic powers.
    How come people not know this?
    We even see him use it in Thor the dark world.
    https://youtu.be/8Tu_iqQ6hzY
    he also used it in episode 2 to pull the Roomba to him that he walloped the guy with in the fight at Roxxcart.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    The series has gone well so far. Curious to see what big reveals come. I wonder if we will get any MCU character cameos.

Owen Wilson's Mobius character is quite enjoyable and Tom Hiddleston continues to deliver as Loki.