**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Professor X best Rotation?

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Similar to Cosmic Ghost Rider, I’m finding all sorts of different rotations to play with Professor X (I just recently pulled him). What is the best rotation you use for him?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    ZahidZahid Posts: 49
    I'd check out this guide by my mate @BitterSteel. He really breaks it down quite well and he's done some awesome stuff with his Professor X!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/256739/professor-x-in-depth-how-to-use-guide#latest
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Zahid said:

I'd check out this guide by my mate @BitterSteel. He really breaks it down quite well and he's done some awesome stuff with his Professor X!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/256739/professor-x-in-depth-how-to-use-guide#latest

Thanks @Zahid !

@Disgruntled_User_123 yeah I go into more detail in the guide. But for medium fights I’ll go for 2.9 bars of power and 100 channeling charges then charge heavy and throw off all my specials. That’s usually enough.

For long fights, I’ll go one or to rounds of 1.9 bars of power and 100 channeling charges. Then I’ll go to sp2 rotation.

For really long fights, like abyss I’ll just do sp1 rotation to build prowess until the opponent is around 60-70% health than I’ll go sp2 rotation
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    The best rotation is dropping suicides. I'm a 100% suicides player (My roster reflects it. It's a non-traditional set-up) and I simply can't play Prof X with them on. So he sits unawakened on the bench. Curious to see the answers to the OP's question because I do like the champ but I'm currently looking for any rotations that help me as a suicides guy with this champ.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    You have to build and then maintain prowess for max damage.

Charging heavies builds power faster.

When in mind control, charge heavy and cancel into your specials to gain an extra prowess each time.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Kennado said:

The best rotation is dropping suicides. I'm a 100% suicides player (My roster reflects it. It's a non-traditional set-up) and I simply can't play Prof X with them on. So he sits unawakened on the bench. Curious to see the answers to the OP's question because I do like the champ but I'm currently looking for any rotations that help me as a suicides guy with this champ.

Prof X works not so well with suicides no matter what rotation you throw in, but if you’re gonna go for prof X with suicides, you’ll wanna throw off sp3 with 100 channeling (make sure you’re holding heavy charge before throwing it so you can get the extra prowess), then throw off 1 sp2 I’d say, and if it’s close enough to getting the opponent down, just basic attack through the rest of it, if not you might have to build up to another sp2. I’d say this only applies to mid and low health pools.

As for big health pools with suicides… don’t play prof X at all imo.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Kennado said:

Na, that's just how it is. He's pretty bad with suicides for long fights unfortunately. Making him a horseman could alleviate the issue a bit tho.