**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing your first Experience with 6-Star Champions: The Boss Rush Challenge! [UPDATED Oct 17]

Comments

• Calamities come along with me
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    WOK wrote: »
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Your always eluding to doing an beating stuff in game when in fact you haven't, All your posts are blatant proof that skill is not a requirement otherwise you would not be on 3,500+ posts. How many hits is it taking to kill Crossbones an blade with your 1 5\50 an other 4\40 ???

I too was "testing" different teams a few minutes ago, and with a Power Gain team my 4* unduped 3/30 Elektra got up to a 93 hit streak on CB, then I screwed up and got hit. He still had approx. 40%hp left. LOL

After finishing the fight I noticed that not even 1 gold is rewarded for the victory, which was dissapointing. Didn't start the next fight with Blade because I wanted to find out if in fact we only get rewards for completing, which is not going to happen with my lineup for sure.

Master Mephisto cost me the use of 4 team revives to 100%(with the addition of the soul boost). His Aura of incineration procs way too often and in many cases back to back and I have no one that could significantly counter it. Pretty sure the Boss Rush is going to be worse so odds are pretty grim for me

it's not a bug not getting gold after each fight since this is not like normal quests, it's kind of a beta so no need for gold or xp.

phillgreen wrote: »
    I think I will get through with 4/40 and not too many revives.

The block damage is pretty nasty from half arsed testing

AA
    V aou for blade

Magik for power lock
    X23 if AA falls over.

Have no specific 5th or plan for mephisto except spend spend spend, is the above team alright?

Might use some boosts and all my stash of heal pots.

Will guilly **** up Mephs day when he regens?

Guilly will only heal block mephisto, he can't take damage while he is in regen mode so spectre won't work to reverse heal but will block it.

You will need a bleed immune for morning star too so vision will good for her as well as blade. Your team sounds decent, you could use quake if you have her cos her concussion effects mephisto
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    SummonerB2 wrote: »
    If I am exactly level 40 can I still play it?

Yes
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    The event is fine. However, I’ve seen only two people so far say that they don’t think challenger rating has a big effect. I’ve seen the majority of the rest of us say that challenger rating is making our 5/50 4* champs all but worthless. I understand the purpose and need for challenger ratings. However, unless Kabam plans on changing the amount of 5* shards needed to form a crystal to 2000, challenger rating needs to be addressed. If it’s not, our 4* champs will become the new 3* champs with 5* champs taking a long time to get and level up. If that’s the case, I know myself and many others will quit the game for good.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Well, I was fiddling around some more, and a tad bewildered to reading the numerous posts stating that the challenge is easy and was completed using no resources...... Whats the secret? Because from my 2nd "test run" using my 5/50 Sig 99 AV running an HP synergy team(+red hulk for block), I noticed I took enough damage that would have had AV(base hp is around 14 or 15k) just barely survive if I didnt use the synergies...... In 1 fight against CB that I took 102 hits to finish while taking non in return.
    45lxf5j69bmp.png
    1flakg24jchf.png
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    Almost thought grounded finally showed his account(no offense), but goodluck WOK. Let's see if you can beat the expectations.

@ForumGuy LMAO! Thanks, although Im not actually doing these "test runs" expecting to complete it. Doing them soley for the purpose of experiment to get firsthand knowledge of any fundamental differences I can noticeably find between my current 4&5*'s and these 6*'s. Reason for the unduped 3/30 Elektra w/powergain team I posted about earlier and this hp team with a bunch of 3*'s and AV. Going to run a few more others like a critrate and critdmg team and block team, possibly a Stun team also.
    Well, I was fiddling around some more, and a tad bewildered to reading the numerous posts stating that the challenge is easy and was completed using no resources...... Whats the secret? Because from my 2nd "test run" using my 5/50 Sig 99 AV running an HP synergy team(+red hulk for block), I noticed I took enough damage that would have had AV(base hp is around 14 or 15k) just barely survive if I didnt use the synergies...... In 1 fight against CB that I took 102 hits to finish while taking non in return.

Am assuming your blocking a lot of hits to take that much damage, your would be better off using an attack or mutant crit team to end the fight quicker. Crossbones is easy just bait the l1 which should give you plenty of opening for attack without the need to block, this will work for most champs, GG is more difficult cos of his multiple hit l1 so some block damage is bound to happen.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    45lxf5j69bmp.png
    1flakg24jchf.png

6* champs, with high block damage, force you to rely on intercepting instead of parrying. Those of us getting through with little to no issues are most likely intercepting much more than those who are having trouble.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    To be honest any mechanic that takes the skill away from the player, and kills a player that hasnt been hit is cheap and not a challange. Theres ways to test skill then to build champions that steal health while not being hit.

Now is the time to give us item. Poision dmg, poision immune, bleed dmg, bleed immune, incenerate dmg, incenerate immune, regen, ect..
    This would level out the game and allow for us the player to create champs for content. Also levels for our champs. If i play with sw, she gets exp which allows for stats to be altered for offense or defense depending on the players use.

This would provide depth and not cheapness.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

Generally found the challenge pretty easy. I did not notice too much decrease in effectiveness of my r4 5* against the 6*. It was evident with my 4* r5 Ultron. That said, it was obvious the AI difficultly was tuned wayyyyyy down such that a 150-0 fight was pretty easy. So, not getting hit along with no Adrenalin made the quest quite easy. As a first opportunity, I think this was a good test. I would recommend continuing these types of events (even without rewards if necessary) where the AI is tuned up a bit and where Adrenaline is turned on (maybe incrementally). Overall a good first glance at 6*.
  • MAKMAK Posts: 4
    You asked for feedback regarding the boss rush duel for 6* champions. Here is mine;

Nobody wants them
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    I fail to see what we were supposed to gather from this, as a very similar level of PI could be achieved with 5* with the nodes you put on them. It did not really feel that much different than any other fight, since we don't get to see any of their special mechanics. While I do like little challenges like this and would love to see them more often to break the current monotony of the game, I just don't to see the point of this as an introduction to 6*, other than seeing how they will look on the screen in the portrait.
  • ZordakZordak Posts: 14
    Is,there a legends title avalible for the fastest runners?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Zordak wrote: »
    Is,there a legends title avalible for the fastest runners?
    No Becasse it take only 10 minut to cler to wuld be unfair
    MAK wrote: »
    You asked for feedback regarding the boss rush duel for 6* champions. Here is mine;

Nobody wants them

LMAO...exactly.
    Narcuul wrote: »
    I fail to see what we were supposed to gather from this, as a very similar level of PI could be achieved with 5* with the nodes you put on them. It did not really feel that much different than any other fight, since we don't get to see any of their special mechanics. While I do like little challenges like this and would love to see them more often to break the current monotony of the game, I just don't to see the point of this as an introduction to 6*, other than seeing how they will look on the screen in the portrait.

Not only all of that, but how about the fact that 6* champs are being released when NOBODY in the game has a maxed out 5* champ.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    @DNA3000

"Challenge Rating affects the following stats:
    Armor, Armor Penetration, Critical Hit Rating, Critical Damage Rating, Critical Resistance, Block Proficiency, Block Penetration"

This is from Kabam Dorosh's post. You're telling me it's one factor, yet it affects 7 factors. That seems significant. And if it weren't significant, why would the pattern of increasing CR have changed?

And don't you find the "it's appropriate given the state of the game" comment a bit of a cop out? What does that even mean? Has Kabam shown evidence of fully understanding the state of the game and/or the way their decisions will affect gameplay and player experiences? In my nearly 2 years playing, I have only seen a handful of quality changes, and a vast array of screw ups and misfires.

I mean, we can wait and see how 6* work, but I'm betting once we see what they look like and how they perform and the impact they have on the effectiveness of other star level champs, we'll be rather disappointed. And by that time, we'll get some answer about how 6* have been introduced and won't be removed from the game, and people will just have to adjust around them, to the new reality they create. Kinda like what we're experiencing with Alliance War.

So is that your suggestion? That we take what we get and like it?

CR as a standalone is nothing. It affects how Champs interact with each other. While it affects the stats listed, it's a difference of 1-2.5% between a 4* and a 6*. There has to be a distinction between the two. Otherwise a Max 4* is the same as a 6*.

Is a max 4* the same as a 5? Or a max 3* the same as a 4? If not, then I'm afraid you're wrong.

A Max 4* is the same CR as a 5* R3. The difference being the Base Stats are slightly higher in a 5*. What you're describing displays my point exactly. There has to be a difference. At the time that CR was introduced and adjusted, it was fashioned to provide a level of challenge that fit the game at that time. So, the CR has been raised one level to provide a degree of challenge that will accommodate a new level of challenge. No matter how I explain it, it makes logical sense to have one degree of separation between a 4* and a 6*. That basically means you will have an easier time with a 5* R4 than a 4* Max. The point of different Star Levels is to have a different strength to them.

I feel like you're missing something really important here.

3* max = 4* rank 3
    4* max = 5* rank 3
    5* max = 6* rank 1

You don't think that last one is a bit odd?

Odd, as in different than the previous two examples, then yes. It's not the same. Nothing said it would be. It's one step up. Obviously a 4* would be different than a 6*. I feel the whole linear idea is overemphasized, and the CR issue has become a bit inflated. CR is not the be-all-end-all. It's a regulating mechanic that influences how different strengths interact with each other. A difference of 10 CR is not enough to make something obsolete. Just less effective than equal or higher. About 1-2.5% less effective than that of an equal CR.

You say it's one step up. I'm wondering how that works because it seems like it's 2 steps up. Why would 6* require a "step up" that isn't required for 5* or 4*? What makes it reasonable to expect that 6* would suddenly need to be granted an additional increase, beyond the increase that would have already existed based on the normal increase (i.e. the increase 3-4 and 4-5)?

That's one step up. If it had followed the same pattern, a 4* Max would equal a 5* R3 would equal a 6* R1. Instead it's one step up from that. There really is no normal increase in this instance because a 6* is something entirely new with new intentions in terms of challenge level. It's one CR higher than the latter you displayed, and what I've said is it makes perfect sense because a 4* would not equal a 6* in terms of CR. Not logically, anyway. When the current CRs were created, that was for how the game was existing at that time. Bottom line is, it's one CR above what it would be if it had followed that pattern, and all it means is that a 4* Max is one CR below a 6*. One CR variation is not a large difference. It didn't follow the same pattern, and nothing says it has to.

Wait, who is saying a 4* should equal a 6*?

3* rank 1 = 40
    4* rank 1 = 60
    5* rank 1 = 80
    6* rank 1 = ??

I'm saying 6* rank 1 should be 100, because so far, every successive star tier has a 20 point increase in CR for rank 1, but instead it's 110.

All I'm saying, is that this increase is INCONSISTENT. And clearly, this is true. Because math.

And do you think they care what we think?

They wont change it nor will care what we have to say.

Why 6 stars if we can even dupe a decent 5 star?
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    All in all the preview of the 6*'s was fun. Mephisto though on the node he was on was brutal for me.

Using Vision (OG not AoU) The the regen was insane and processed so quickly that even though Vision practically started off with an Sp1 ready to fire you couldn't use it fast enough to really be effective to get the heal block in time. CW's heal block also was not effective because of how much and how fast the regen would kick in.

Aurora of Incinerate would seemingly never stop some fights, it triggered back to back so often that you had no counter without iceman. All in all I'm going to probably run it a few more times for the practice.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    @DNA3000

Armor, Armor Penetration, Critical Hit Rating, Critical Damage Rating, Critical Resistance, Block Proficiency, Block Penetration"

This is from Kabam Dorosh's post. You're telling me it's one factor, yet it affects 7 factors. That seems significant. And if it weren't significant, why would the pattern of increasing CR have changed?

And don't you find the "it's appropriate given the state of the game" comment a bit of a cop out? What does that even mean? Has Kabam shown evidence of fully understanding the state of the game and/or the way their decisions will affect gameplay and player experiences? In my nearly 2 years playing, I have only seen a handful of quality changes, and a vast array of screw ups and misfires.

I mean, we can wait and see how 6* work, but I'm betting once we see what they look like and how they perform and the impact they have on the effectiveness of other star level champs, we'll be rather disappointed. And by that time, we'll get some answer about how 6* have been introduced and won't be removed from the game, and people will just have to adjust around them, to the new reality they create. Kinda like what we're experiencing with Alliance War.

CR as a standalone is nothing. It affects how Champs interact with each other. While it affects the stats listed, it's a difference of 1-2.5% between a 4* and a 6*. There has to be a distinction between the two. Otherwise a Max 4* is the same as a 6*.

Is a max 4* the same as a 5? Or a max 3* the same as a 4? If not, then I'm afraid you're wrong.

A Max 4* is the same CR as a 5* R3. The difference being the Base Stats are slightly higher in a 5*. What you're describing displays my point exactly. There has to be a difference. At the time that CR was introduced and adjusted, it was fashioned to provide a level of challenge that fit the game at that time. So, the CR has been raised one level to provide a degree of challenge that will accommodate a new level of challenge. No matter how I explain it, it makes logical sense to have one degree of separation between a 4* and a 6*. That basically means you will have an easier time with a 5* R4 than a 4* Max. The point of different Star Levels is to have a different strength to them.

3* max = 4* rank 3
    4* max = 5* rank 3
    5* max = 6* rank 1

Odd, as in different than the previous two examples, then yes. It's not the same. Nothing said it would be. It's one step up. Obviously a 4* would be different than a 6*. I feel the whole linear idea is overemphasized, and the CR issue has become a bit inflated. CR is not the be-all-end-all. It's a regulating mechanic that influences how different strengths interact with each other. A difference of 10 CR is not enough to make something obsolete. Just less effective than equal or higher. About 1-2.5% less effective than that of an equal CR.

You say it's one step up. I'm wondering how that works because it seems like it's 2 steps up. Why would 6* require a "step up" that isn't required for 5* or 4*? What makes it reasonable to expect that 6* would suddenly need to be granted an additional increase, beyond the increase that would have already existed based on the normal increase (i.e. the increase 3-4 and 4-5)?

That's one step up. If it had followed the same pattern, a 4* Max would equal a 5* R3 would equal a 6* R1. Instead it's one step up from that. There really is no normal increase in this instance because a 6* is something entirely new with new intentions in terms of challenge level. It's one CR higher than the latter you displayed, and what I've said is it makes perfect sense because a 4* would not equal a 6* in terms of CR. Not logically, anyway. When the current CRs were created, that was for how the game was existing at that time. Bottom line is, it's one CR above what it would be if it had followed that pattern, and all it means is that a 4* Max is one CR below a 6*. One CR variation is not a large difference. It didn't follow the same pattern, and nothing says it has to.

3* rank 1 = 40
    4* rank 1 = 60
    5* rank 1 = 80
    6* rank 1 = ??

I'm saying 6* rank 1 should be 100, because so far, every successive star tier has a 20 point increase in CR for rank 1, but instead it's 110.

All I'm saying, is that this increase is INCONSISTENT. And clearly, this is true. Because math.

It really doesn't matter what consistent would be and Kabam has already said that. It's the way it is, no point in griping that it doesn't fall in line with previous rarities.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    45lxf5j69bmp.png
    1flakg24jchf.png

6* champs, with high block damage, force you to rely on intercepting instead of parrying. Those of us getting through with little to no issues are most likely intercepting much more than those who are having trouble.

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly, but ever since 12.0 block damage has always been proportionately high: the 6* champions aren't generating particularly higher block damage than their attack levels would imply. In other words, a 4* or 5* champion buffed to similar levels of attack would deal only slightly less blocked damage.

But also, actual Parry damage is much lower. You can Parry the boss rush champions just fine. You just have to not miss too many parries. I managed to solo a 4/40 Ghost Rider all the way up to Morningstar and then a mistake got me killed about a quarter of the way into that fight. Well played 4/40 GR can keep up with the Parry damage and maybe one not too horrible mistake per fight.

I mention GR specifically because my tendency is to Parry with him and not intercept most of the time, to stay in rhythm for setting up the heavy. Parrying was a viable strategy for him, albeit he does have a strong heal to compensate I was using that less to recover Parry damage and more to recover non-parried damage. Without regen I would need to rely on intercepting more, but that would have been true if the boss rush champs were all 5* 4/55s as well I believe.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    @DNA3000

3* max = 4* rank 3
    4* max = 5* rank 3
    5* max = 6* rank 1

3* rank 1 = 40
    4* rank 1 = 60
    5* rank 1 = 80
    6* rank 1 = ??

Actually, the pattern isn't as strong as some people are implying it is. I also said the pattern would nominally extend to 6* rank 1 equaling CR 100 but it isn't kosher to extend the pattern all the way down to 3* champions because there is no logical reason why the progression would or should line up the rank 1 tiers as some people are doing directly.

When you are going upward, the reason to add 5* champs and then 6* champs is to extend the *top* of the progression not line up the bottom. In other words, we care how much higher the top rank is than the previous top rank. We also care about overlap between tiers because in a sense the overlap helps "ease" the transition between tiers for players building rosters. These two parameters: how much overlap is there, and how much "extension" above the previous top tier, are the important factors in the progression.

Between 4* and 5* there are three ranks of overlap and the higher tier extends two tiers higher than that. So *if* the pattern was followed then logically 6* champions (assuming they had five ranks which they seem to) would have three tiers of overlap and two tiers of extension. But that pattern isn't consistent at lower tiers: there's two ranks of overlap and three ranks of extension for 4* champs for example.

Lining up the rank 1's as they are is somewhat of a numerological coincidence. It wasn't even the original intent of the challenge rating system because it was changed to the current form in the 12.0.1 patch. But while the current 6* CR values do not replicate the 4* to 5* step, they essentially replicate the 3* to 4* step: there are two ranks of overlap and three ranks of extension above the top rank.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    I guess I don't see how this lets us give appropriate feedback on 6*s. Because of the buffs and gimmicky champs you selected, it becomes more about just buffed up mini-bosses that require certain champs to beat. If you have a 4* duped iceman, then it's easy. If you don't, then it's super hard. So the difficulty is based not on them being 6*s but the nodes they are on and whether you have Iceman and a bleed immune champ. I honestly couldn't tell a difference between playing against one of these 6*'s and your average buffed up 5*
  • I’m sure this would be great if you could play against them their ranking is way too high for any 4 star character at best and if you have any 5 stars maxed out which is pretty much impossible, I have 2, five stars at best their levels are 3, been playing this game and pouring out cash to upgrade them but at the greater chances and every time I purchase one I have yet to get a character greater then a two star. I would love to have a five star but between trying to upgrade them and purchase them it’s impossible I truly feel I’m being ripped off thinking that I’m getting what was advertised but only getting the minimum! Is this how this game works? 100/1 chance of getting anything above 2-3 star
    If so then perhaps I should hold out pouring so much cash for nothing that’s worth using in the game
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    45lxf5j69bmp.png
    1flakg24jchf.png

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly, but ever since 12.0 block damage has always been proportionately high: the 6* champions aren't generating particularly higher block damage than their attack levels would imply. In other words, a 4* or 5* champion buffed to similar levels of attack would deal only slightly less blocked damage.

But also, actual Parry damage is much lower. You can Parry the boss rush champions just fine. You just have to not miss too many parries. I managed to solo a 4/40 Ghost Rider all the way up to Morningstar and then a mistake got me killed about a quarter of the way into that fight. Well played 4/40 GR can keep up with the Parry damage and maybe one not too horrible mistake per fight.

I mention GR specifically because my tendency is to Parry with him and not intercept most of the time, to stay in rhythm for setting up the heavy. Parrying was a viable strategy for him, albeit he does have a strong heal to compensate I was using that less to recover Parry damage and more to recover non-parried damage. Without regen I would need to rely on intercepting more, but that would have been true if the boss rush champs were all 5* 4/55s as well I believe.

All content since 12.0 has been based on heavy block damage. Watching a number of Boss Runs on youtube, non-healers that relied on block/parry were usually under 50% health after each fight.
  • pamy1apamy1a Posts: 2
    why cant i be in the bosh rush :/:/:/