**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Introducing your first Experience with 6-Star Champions: The Boss Rush Challenge! [UPDATED Oct 17]

Comments

• ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Why is everyone freaking out about the CR? You do realize it has almost no effect on your stats anyway right? Do the math and find out the impact for yourself before losing your mind's.

I have to agree with this. We're talking about a 1-2.5% difference between a 4* Max and a 6* R1. Now, I'm sure the reaction stems from the fact that it's one step higher from the existing deviation, but there was nothing saying that it wouldn't change. Logically, there has to be a separation between 4*s and 6*s, whether significant or not. That's the whole point of having different Star Levels. I won't get into the idea of transparency because they've told us what is in store. I think the term is thrown around whenever something changes.
    The 1-2.5% isn’t the difference, that’s how much is taken away just by a 10 challenger rating difference. Not only does this not address the stat changes (Higher HP and attack for 6*), but this also doesn’t take in the boost given to the higher challenger rating.

6* will already have higher hp and attack stats, an approximate 5% other stat difference at R1 from a 4* but 5* also have higher armor, 6* might have that and another stat heavily increased too.

6*s will be top-level. We would expect a deviation between 4*s and 6*s. The same way we wouldn't take a team of Max 3*s into a 5* Quest and expect them to perform as well as 4*s. There is a point to having higher levels, and it's about adding a new level of challenge. It's one CR difference. Not a great difference. It still stands that in order to complete content, you need a sufficient Roster. That's no different with the addition of 6*s.

A difference, yes. A deviation? No. There is no logical justification for having 6* be more powerful AND have an extra (that's EXTRA) CR bump. And based on the fact that I've been asking this same question for nearly a week, I am guessing Kabam has no logical justification for this either.

Alright, I finally got word back on the Challenger Rating. The gist of it is that there was never a rule on how we tune the Challenge Rating of each Rank. Yes, the last were consistent, but this is based off of what we consider to be appropriate for the current state of the game.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but this is the case.

What you guys consider to be appropriate for the current state of the game huh? We don't get a say here? We just get our crits crapped on huh?
    Where the hell is the communication man lol, we know it's your company, but wow can we like have a poll on certain things(like this)?
    Goodluck using certain 4* on 6* guys, you're gonna have a lot of fun. Smh

The current state of the game is... extremely bugged. Parry, blocking, evading, AI behaviors. Our 4/55 is underpowered in CR by a rank 1 6* lol are you serious? That's a r2 5* basically. Atleast drop them by one level sheesh.
    I understand you guys trying to bring new content in, but you say what you guys feel is appropriate, and it's f'd up in way. It sounds like you guys are saying you don't care about us and what we think or our thoughts on this.
    Actually talk to the community guys, this isn't really fair. It just isn't.
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Why is everyone freaking out about the CR? You do realize it has almost no effect on your stats anyway right? Do the math and find out the impact for yourself before losing your mind's.

I have to agree with this. We're talking about a 1-2.5% difference between a 4* Max and a 6* R1. Now, I'm sure the reaction stems from the fact that it's one step higher from the existing deviation, but there was nothing saying that it wouldn't change. Logically, there has to be a separation between 4*s and 6*s, whether significant or not. That's the whole point of having different Star Levels. I won't get into the idea of transparency because they've told us what is in store. I think the term is thrown around whenever something changes.
    The 1-2.5% isn’t the difference, that’s how much is taken away just by a 10 challenger rating difference. Not only does this not address the stat changes (Higher HP and attack for 6*), but this also doesn’t take in the boost given to the higher challenger rating.

6* will already have higher hp and attack stats, an approximate 5% other stat difference at R1 from a 4* but 5* also have higher armor, 6* might have that and another stat heavily increased too.

6*s will be top-level. We would expect a deviation between 4*s and 6*s. The same way we wouldn't take a team of Max 3*s into a 5* Quest and expect them to perform as well as 4*s. There is a point to having higher levels, and it's about adding a new level of challenge. It's one CR difference. Not a great difference. It still stands that in order to complete content, you need a sufficient Roster. That's no different with the addition of 6*s.

A difference, yes. A deviation? No. There is no logical justification for having 6* be more powerful AND have an extra (that's EXTRA) CR bump. And based on the fact that I've been asking this same question for nearly a week, I am guessing Kabam has no logical justification for this either.

Alright, I finally got word back on the Challenger Rating. The gist of it is that there was never a rule on how we tune the Challenge Rating of each Rank. Yes, the last were consistent, but this is based off of what we consider to be appropriate for the current state of the game.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but this is the case.

Well, you told us the difference would be the same as the difference between 5* and 4*. Turns out, false. Add it to the list of bugs and glitches and lags and all the other stuff going on and, well, it's quite a list...

The progression is a relative similarity, and you're basing it all off of one Stat. It's not necessarily a direct comparable.

Actually, it's not. The progression from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, and 4-5 is similar. There is a standard progression. In the case of 6*, the progression is inconsistent with the previous progression--and we were told directly to expect that the progression WOULD be the same.

To claim otherwise is simply untrue.

That's just looking at 1 single stat. We can ignore all of the other utility that every Rank and Rarity of every Champion has. You cannot judge the progression of 6-Stars solely on their Challenge Rating.

Miike can you explain why the CR shouldn't be consistent for 6*s? Is it because of their health ability or something like cmon?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,136 ★★★★★
    For me im just hav better wont the CR to Go away why ther even need to coms in the first place. Als why shuld DR coms in to.
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »
    For me im just hav better wont the CR to Go away why ther even need to coms in the first place. Als why shuld DR coms in to.

What bro?
    why shuld CR coms to the game in the first place and so why shuld DR com in to the game in the first place.

What bro?
    why shuld CR coms to the game in the first place and so why shuld DR com in to the game in the first place.

Because kabam doesn't want us to play their game without more trouble(yes I mean more difficultly, we all know I mean difficulty in a good way, before I get a warning message). That's how they make things more challenging.

What bro?

Because kabam doesn't want us to play their game without more trouble(yes I mean more difficultly, we all know I mean difficulty in a good way, before I get a warning message). That's how they make things more challenging.
    But stil. Stupid my thuget one it. :-) let it be kabam ikow Best. Aleays and when Think get wgorn ther say Sry.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,758 ★★★★★
    So a rank 1 max lvl 6-star is the equivalent or superior than a 4-star 4/40 or 5/50?

What bro?

But stil. Stupid my thuget one it. :-) let it be kabam ikow Best. Aleays and when Think get wgorn ther say Sry.

Hm, yes?
    I dislike CR and DR, like a lot.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    So a rank 1 max lvl 6-star is the equivalent or superior than a 4-star 4/40 or 5/50?

A Max 4* 5/50 is one CR below a 6* R1. Keep in mind that it's only one aspect, and it's a small difference.
    edited October 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

A Max 4* 5/50 is one CR below a 6* R1. Keep in mind that it's only one aspect, and it's a small difference.

Yet, it's unecessary. But we rarely get a say in much things, so this'll just happen with us taking it. Like always.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    *Gets out the popcorn*
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    UPDATE: Hey All,

We wanted to give you all a little heads up on the Boss Rush Challenge. This quest will only be visible to Players above Level 40. Unlike other quests that simply state that you must be a certain level to open it, this one will not be visible to anyone below Level 40.

Oh boy. This is gonna be fun to watch the responses.

I will add, while I'm still not a fan of taking 6* CR out of line with other rarities, I still don't see how this data helps us provide accurate data for you with the basic mechanic that makes them different deactivated.

But I'll knock this out tomorrow and report back I guess.
  • vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited October 2017
    So otrv being level 39 can’t play it, thanks a lot! What’s the justification for such restrictions?!?

1ilnpdyqaob2.png
    @Kabam Miike answer these questions man, not many comments have been added since you've responded. Shouldn't be a big deal dude.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    *Gets out the popcorn*

*dives into a pool of butter and starts doing backstrokes*
  • MistsMists Posts: 19
    vrto wrote: »
    So otrv being level 39 can’t play it, thanks a lot! What’s the justification for such restrictions?!?

1ilnpdyqaob2.png

You have until tomorrow to level up. Shouldn't be too hard :p
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    vrto wrote: »

1ilnpdyqaob2.png

Maybe to make a statement that this is for more experienced players? If you're that upset about it just do it on your main account.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    If I am exactly level 40 can I still play it?
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    edited October 2017
    @vrto how are you in an 9.5 mill alliance with that low of rating?

as well webslinger title, i feel that challenge was 2 hard for your current roster.
  • SummonerB2 wrote: »
    If I am exactly level 40 can I still play it?

Yep! Level 40 is the minimum level, so you will be fine.