**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing your first Experience with 6-Star Champions: The Boss Rush Challenge! [UPDATED Oct 17]

Comments

• Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    All complaints! Relax no one is forcing you to do any content. If you dont like it, very simple. DON’T DO IT!
    R4GE wrote: »

I agree with @R4GE and would just like to add that many of the playerbase are also very passionate about the game and have made new friends. Without a doubt they have also invested an abundance of time and energy, hard earned money(I'd like to believe hard earned at least hehe) and the game has grown to be as routine in their daily activities as having lunch. And there are probably many others that could delete the app right now and never think twice about reinstalling it.

I personally would be somewhere slightly closer to the prior of the two, but can appreciate that each side should be given due respect to complain, praise and voice opinion.

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    If you really care about us players you should make the rewards better. period

Nah... I would appreciate a 3600 t2a fragment bump but that’s about it.

All in all the quest looks pretty easy.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Other than my earlier peeve on the adrenaline mechanic not being present, I have no big issue about the rewards honestly. This isn't like the challenges we have faced where we have to fight 31 enemies ranging from 10k PI to 28k PI (not in one run excluding Bautista's), this is just 6 fights, 6 fights of enemies from 18k to 28k PI.

At the very least, I think adding in a T4B/a few T4cc fragment crystals would have been much better. But other than that, it's a great way to earn some quick rewards.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Greywarden wrote: »
    Kabam Doot wrote: »
    Summoners!

Challenger Rating:

Since 6-Star Champions are new to the game, this also seems like the best time to let you all know what the Challenger Rating of each Rank of a 6-Star will be:

Rank 1 - 110
    Rank 2 - 120
    Rank 3 - 130
    Rank 4- 140
    Rank 5 -150

In comparison, a Rank 5 4-Star has a Challenger Rating of 100, while a Rank 4 5-Star has a Challenger Rating of 110.

Boss Rush arrives on October 18th! Prepare yourself Summoner![/color]

Is it just me or is the challenger rating on a 6* really aggressive. The current top champs in the game are r4 5* and they'll be outclassed by a r2 6*?

This aligns with the Challenger Rating progression throughout the entire system. A 5-Star Rank 1 has the same as a 4-Star Rank 4, and a 4-Star Rank 1 has the same as a 3-Star Rank 3.

It is? I thought a 5* rank 1 had the same CR as a 4* rank 3, same as a 4* rank 1 to a 3* rank 3. I would have guessed that a 6* rank 1 would be equal to 5* rank 3 in terms of CR.

Maybe what was posted was just a typo?
  • Options
    DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    Well the rewards are perfect , we only have to defeat 6 champs .
  • Options
    2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    From the list of. CHampions to be fought, this is a fairly easy quest. For blade and morningstar bring a bleed immune champ, crossbones is easy if you don't take a hit when he has above 5fury.ghost rider is cake walk. Green goblin and mephisto are the only problems in that green goblin will take a long time to beat and mephisto has unavoidable damage. I have no iceman so the highest amount of units I'm going to spend shouldn't be more than 200units. For team level2 revive. As for rewards, it's a bit meh. Maybe include 1t4 basic and increase the 5star shards to 2k
  • Options
    Rewards are fair. It's 6 fights. Look at how long it takes you to finish heroic completion and master difficulties on event quests and the rewards for it. This is 6 fights. Do you guys expect a 5* crystal for 20 minutes of battles if that?

My gripe is that you're trying to "get us used to" and introduce 6* that are mostly only featured champions who we already have very little experience fighting. Mephisto has an entire new buff system that I still don't have down and yes I've beaten master difficulty in the event quest.

Cb makes perfect sense. Hobgob has been out long enough that he doesn't even really bother me. But there are plenty of challenging basics you could have used instead to give us a feel for 6*. This just will discourage a lot more people if anything.

It's basic common sense. Why remove the adrenaline feature just to add champs that we're much less familiar with? I'll do it regardless but I don't see the logic behind the reasoning in doing it this way.
  • Options
    SMODSMOD Posts: 1
    most powerful event. i like it
  • Options
    KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    nice !
    wish we had a chance to get one 6* as a reward to play with for just 1 or 2 day in this content after finish it to test them !
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    This isn't true Miike. A 5* rank one is 80 challenger rating and a 4* rank 4 is 90. Not the same bro.

When I tried to edit my post it went into moderator limbo and I thought it was important enough to amplify. You are correct and @Kabam Miike is incorrect: 5* rank 1 is identical to 4* rank 3, just like 4* rank 1 is equal to 3* rank 3. The logical progression should be for 6* rank 1 to be equal to 5* rank 3, or CR 100.

I’m guessing this won’t get answered and adjusted accordingly.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Suskanut wrote: »
    My only question is will Mephisto be duped? If he is then you need Iceman to even try and complete it

I used doc oc an gr to beat him in master quest, definitely no iceman needed
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    No matter if it's only 6 fights, not everyone currently have a really strong roster and for them it will not be that easy, potions and revives will be surely required for the majority of players. Add the fact the we are constantly decimated by the well known bugs, they should have added way more rewards (at least as a sort of compesation). 10x Signature Stone Crystals are a JOKE especially 5-Star. 4-Star Hero Crystal? Thank you... People with weak roster will not be able to compete, while players with strong roster don't give a damn about 4* anymore. 1000x 5-Star Shards? C'mon...
  • Options
    Badrose wrote: »
    No matter if it's only 6 fights, not everyone currently have a really strong roster and for them it will not be that easy, potions and revives will be surely required for the majority of players. Add the fact the we are constantly decimated by the well known bugs, they should have added way more rewards (at least as a sort of compesation). 10x Signature Stone Crystals are a JOKE especially 5-Star. 4-Star Hero Crystal? Thank you... People with weak roster will not be able to compete, while players with strong roster don't give a damn about 4* anymore. 1000x 5-Star Shards? C'mon...

Not all content is going to be suitable for every level of players, this such content so if if your struggling or spending loads then that's a good indication your not skilled enough to attempt it. Get stronger for the next challenge
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike the poor rewards are an issue because many, even if they could complete it, won't be motivated to. Since there's no title, the rewards (and challenge) are the only motivation for taking part. If this ends up costing revives to finish, which it's likely to, I'm going to have a hard time justifying the use of those resources for *drumroll* a 4* crystal.

It also seems ironic that the very tier of champs being steamrolled by the introduction of 6*s gets offered as the reward for beating them. Kabam seem to be living in a fantasy world where they think that end-game players still care about 4*s. I don't get excited about 4* openings anymore, ever. 5*s are all that matter, and even they are looking under threat with a R1 6* trumping our R4 5*s already.

Wake up Kabam, this is an end-game challenge with mid-game rewards. Stop giving away 4* rewards for end-game content. 4* content is not end-game anymore.
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Not all content is going to be suitable for every level of players, this such content so if if your struggling or spending loads then that's a good indication your not skilled enough to attempt it. Get stronger for the next challenge

1) I'm not talking for myself. 2) Stop using the word skilled if you are lucky to have the specific champions required to fight Mephisto. That's not skill.
  • Options
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

1) I'm not talking for myself. 2) Stop using the word skilled if you are lucky to have the specific champions required to fight Mephisto. That's not skill.
    You can best mephisto with loads of champs. I've demolished him in master with doc oc, gr, vision, guilly so yes skill is a big part of it
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Agree with Jaffacked on this one. I used Hulk, and a Bleed with distance when Aura was activated. Without the Spectre Boost, any Champ like Guillie or one with Heal Block would work.
    The Quest is an introduction into 6*s. While somewhat similar to ROL, the difficulty won't be as high. It's a small Quest for testing the waters, so-to-speak. As with many things in the game, not everyone will be able to complete it. The Rewards are pretty proportionate considering it's 6 Matches. The main focus as I see it is to get used to fighting 6*s, and provide feedback. It's not the same as a Challenge-type Quest, so the Rewards won't be the same. Basically, it's as described. An introduction to 6*s.
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Sounds tough, but rewards will be worth it.

the rewards are junk, especially if you compare them to the web slinger challenge.
  • Options
    Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    the rewards seem a lil weak to me but whatever its only 6 fights but if this is more or less a experiment for 6 star champs why are we fighting pretty much brand new champs with blade, morning star, mephisto, and even green goblin is fairly new.. we don't know these characters as well as the older ones. seems like a cheap scam to drain us of units and items on that 6 star mephisto as final boss.. give us some garbage champs like luke cage or spider gwen to see if they will be somewhat decent as a 6 star and not op brand new characters
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The "Boss Rush For Normal Players" thread and the "how can we properly assess these 6* champs" comments got me thinking.

They need to add two more difficulties using 4* and 5* champs at the exact same levels and nodes as the 6* champs they're using in this challenge. That would give us a real idea of what a 6* on these exact nodes compared to their 4* and 5* counterparts. It would also give the lower level players a chance to attempt some of the challenge and would give them a reason to make the rewards worth a damn.
  • Options
    J_SlapJ_Slap Posts: 67
    @Kabam Miike I would like to hear back about challenger rating too please. I think the rewards are fair for the amount of work we will be doing, even tho I wish it was more just like everyone else. But I hope this is a semi regular thing, I can see it has a somewhat Halloween theme by the champs they picked and even ends on Halloween. Any chance on tougher boss rushes in the future, that has adrenaline rush, and better rewards for that harder content?
  • Options
    Stu198311Stu198311 Posts: 76
    Challenge? Huh, next time put in at least 6 paths with 6x the rewards, that’s a challenge
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    no boss killer title? darn it I would show that right to my boss who also plays the game but is way behind me lol
  • Options
    SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    I have a challenge for all of you. You have to do this challenge without any 5 stars of maxed out fours stars. Rank 3 4 stars are fine. Any 3 stars are allowed. Who's gonna take up the challenge?
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    SummonerB2 wrote: »
    I have a challenge for all of you. You have to do this challenge without any 5 stars of maxed out fours stars. Rank 3 4 stars are fine. Any 3 stars are allowed. Who's gonna take up the challenge?

I will!

• Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Sounds tough, but rewards will be worth it.

the rewards are junk, especially if you compare them to the web slinger challenge.

Not a fair comparison since this event isn't supposed to be that type of challenge. What you're expecting will happen next month.

This seems to be more of an event to give us a feel for 6*'s and give our feedback on them. We have asked plenty if we can do some type of beta testing, so I can't really complain much since this is basically that.