**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Finally got willpower

manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
It only took 3-4 years

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I feel like there is a good case to be made to not run willpower, or at least not pay to unlock unless you are going to run suicides. Don't get me wrong, it is useful, but it's expensive and it ties up a lot of points in defense that could be used elsewhere. Anyway, hope you like it.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Imo the most useful one of the "expensive" masteries. Good choice!
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The ONLY major downside to Willpower.... fighting Warlock. If you get infected and he throws either his SP1 or SP2, willpower will trigger, you will lose power, and you will start to degen (if Warlock is awakened which in most quests he is).

But that one small negative is far outweighed by the overall usefulness of Willpower.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    @LeNoirFaineant

I respectfully disagree. I do not run suicides and Willpower is a top 3 mastery for me. It’s healed me multiple times in dire situations.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

The ONLY major downside to Willpower.... fighting Warlock. If you get infected and he throws either his SP1 or SP2, willpower will trigger, you will lose power, and you will start to degen (if Warlock is awakened which in most quests he is).

But that one small negative is far outweighed by the overall usefulness of Willpower.

Not if you use a robot against him..just putting it out there.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Well that's because Willpower doesn't trigger on Robots. It's a completely useless mastery for them.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Well that's because Willpower doesn't trigger on Robots. It's a completely useless mastery for them.
    I know why that happens, I just didn't take them into consideration against warlock for quite a while, I'm dumb.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

or Quake...

@LeNoirFaineant

I respectfully disagree. I do not run suicides and Willpower is a top 3 mastery for me. It’s healed me multiple times in dire situations.

Fair enough. Like I said it's useful. It's just that I dropped it for about a year and didn't miss it that much. Decided to run suicides again for awhile so I have it now. I think they should have dropped the minimum points in defense requirement after it was nerfed. Out of curiosity how many points do you have in it?
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Is WillPower Mainly used for AW and AQ? I don’t do Alliances

Should I invest in getting? I’m on 6.3.1 btw
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

*laughs in Venom*
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I had it back when it stacked, Took it off for a while and have had it back again for a long time since there are a lot more non damaging debuffs around.

I don't use suicides.

It would be nice if the min points requirement wasn't around, having to waste points to use masteries that are expensive gets old.

• The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★

Congrats on unlocking Willpower. A small tip. I suggest investing those points in perfect block rather than in energy resistance. While you invest those points, it will be of some use.

Not to forget, this is only till you unlock Recovery. Work towards unlocking it too.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    marino123 said:

Hoitado said:

Willpower is not only for aw aq. You can use it in questing as well. Great that you reached 6.3 without it. Shows you have great skillset. You should definitely invest in it.
    I beat 7.2 without it also did 7.1 100% but that was pretty easy I took swdeahs skills like thanos took the mind stone from vision
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Will power is best form of sustain ingame. Unless you like potion farming.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

ItsDamien said:

or Quake...
    Or Doom or Thing, since both are immune to armour break and shock.
    Hoitado said:

I'm going to get more disagrees, but personally I think if you already have willpower unlocked it's useful to have but only necessary if you run suicides. It used to be must have for any serious player, but it was nerfed. Given the points you have to commit to defense and the cost of unlocking willpower for the first time, I think it's not worth the cost of getting it for the first time with no plans to run suicides. Even in its nerfed state it's must have if you are going to run suicides. If you have units or don't mind spending and want to try it out, have at it. It is still useful and good to have.