**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

SOP Rewards.. Kabam Please Requesting you..

AntzRodzAntzRodz Posts: 255 ★★
Hi all.. what your thoughts about the SOP Rewards opening... I wish Kabam allows us to open our 6* nexus crystal before the tier 5 class selector so that depending on the champion we get from it I can decide which champ class to rank up to r3 and select it from the crystal... I do have other class options currently but not cosmic and definitely would want to go for a cosmic nexus class crystal.. what if I get 3 average pulls and I select a cosmic t5cc before .. will have to wait until I get a deserving one.. would rather select another class then waiting... So please let's make thing a bit easier as t5cc are hard to come even being a TB.. please give an option where u open the class selector crystal from crystal section like cav difficulty nexus t5cc from the crystal section not just when u claim the rewards instantly.. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Malreck04 said:

It's always been this way.

Agreed and I know it.. just Requesting if they could change this.. u work ur way through 9 bosses for 10 weeks so hoping we use the t5cc for the right champs.. rather waiting for a longer period knowing how long it takes to form a t5cc
  • Options

Isn't the idea of a T5CC selector so you can complete your nearest T5CC?

I think he's more talking about you might want to make your t5cc decision AFTER seeing what you get from your Nexus. And honestly I'd have to agree; my t5cc decision might change after seeing what I get from my nexus (cause I'm only going to be able to get 6 points now so I only get a regular nexus)

I would love to hear from one of the Kabam staff why they haven't yet let us save selectors for later yet (even if they had a time limit like 14 days). Maybe they're working on it but haven't figured out a good way to make it easy to find, or something? Maybe they've got a good game balance reason? I don't know but I'd just like to hear what their thoughts are on it.
    Exactly buddy.. this is what I m trying to say... Cheers
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Whatever nexus you choose, grab a catalyst to go with it if you wish. I would wait to see a youtuber open the nexus to see how many options they get.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    It's a reasonable request but ig Kabam doesn't want you to do it this way.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    If they do it with fragment selectors I don’t see why they can’t do it with full catalysts.
    I also dislike how we can use signature stones from the inventory but you only have one choice when using a rank up gem from the champ page.
    Pure trolling.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

I don’t understand why anyone would be against changing the opening order so you can open the 6* first. It literally only benefits us all.

I don’t think it’s an oversight from Kabam, more so a conscious design principle, which makes it more annoying IMO.

I know right. Why can’t they go to the crystal vault like every other crystal.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    FiiNCH said:

I don’t understand why anyone would be against changing the opening order so you can open the 6* first. It literally only benefits us all.

I don’t think it’s an oversight from Kabam, more so a conscious design principle, which makes it more annoying IMO.

There’s an unfortunate level of spite and schadenfreude that lives on this forum and you could be forgiven for thinking the game too but I’m willing to give kabam the benefit of the doubt that it’s an act of incompetence or oversight, given the frequency that they happen otherwise.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,780 ★★★★★

Isn't the idea of a T5CC selector so you can complete your nearest T5CC?

Absolutely not. If I got a t5cc selector, which is an entire fully formed t5cc, I would pick the class I have the least amount of shards in.

I’m 800 shards away from a mystic t4cc, best believe I’m not picking mystic with my selector. I’m choosing cosmic, which I have only half of the shards needed to fully form one. I’ll wait out to get the 2% mystic somewhere down the line.
    I suppose that would depend on the roster too though. If I was 800 shards from forming a mutant t5c and I already have both apocalypse and say prof x, id probably still pick mutant so I'd essentially have 2 mutant t5cc.
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    Some people may try to hold onto the nexus crystal, they could choose cosmic and then wait for Hercules to be added to the basic for instance. So the only way to let this idea happen is to let people sit on there t5cc selectors until they are ready to use them and kabam is not likely to do that.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

FiiNCH said:

There’s an unfortunate level of spite and schadenfreude that lives on this forum and you could be forgiven for thinking the game too but I’m willing to give kabam the benefit of the doubt that it’s an act of incompetence or oversight, given the frequency that they happen otherwise.
    It's been brought up many times on the forums though. I don't remember a moderators response the last time this was brought up.
  • Options
    Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★

Guys, shouldn’t we see the glass half full on this one? I’m actually just in shock that they’re giving us 2 fully formed T5CC. Now my perspective may he different, I have 31 6R3 but I also have 2 T5 cosmic and would love to get the third so I can get CGR to 6R4. But then I would let my greed control me.
    So let’s just be happy knowing we are getting 2 fully formed T5CC

But that’s for you. There are others who probably have no R3 and they might get their first because of the SoP rewards, and a lot of them want it to be a great and important champ. But what if they get a R3 contender from the nexus better than the ones they already have but they chose the T5CC for the other champ to be safe. They’d be so upset and annoyed because they could’ve ranked up an even better than champ than what they got. But if we could choose our T5CC after opening the crystal we will know what class of T5CC to select and everyone will be happy (unless they got 3 duds to choose from in the nexus but that’s a different story). So now do you get what we all mean when we want to be able to keep the selector for later?
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    I'm not sure it's really necessary, there's really only two scenarios.

1. You have a (lets say) skill t5cc, and you need someone to use it on, so you pick Skill Nexus, and something else for t5cc

2. You don't have any skill t5cc and your skill class is weak, so you pick Skill Nexus, and pick a skill t5cc. Maybe you miss the option you're looking for and now you have a skill t5cc, but under this scenario you didn't have any to begin with so you still only have 1 of 3 in your inventory.

Having laid out the scenarios, I am still a tad surprised we see selectors still. T5CC Nexus (with 6 options instead of 3 like cav EQ) would solve all of this.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I have 4/6 full t5cc already so my plan is to select the ones I already don’t have.

I would chose the one I have least of if I were the in anyone shoes with a less developed roster. If I’m closest to one then I won’t chose that because I’ll eventually get one with all the side quest and cavalier difficulty you do.
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★

Guys, shouldn’t we see the glass half full on this one? I’m actually just in shock that they’re giving us 2 fully formed T5CC. Now my perspective may he different, I have 31 6R3 but I also have 2 T5 cosmic and would love to get the third so I can get CGR to 6R4. But then I would let my greed control me.
    So let’s just be happy knowing we are getting 2 fully formed T5CC

But that’s for you. There are others who probably have no R3 and they might get their first because of the SoP rewards, and a lot of them want it to be a great and important champ. But what if they get a R3 contender from the nexus better than the ones they already have but they chose the T5CC for the other champ to be safe. They’d be so upset and annoyed because they could’ve ranked up an even better than champ than what they got. But if we could choose our T5CC after opening the crystal we will know what class of T5CC to select and everyone will be happy (unless they got 3 duds to choose from in the nexus but that’s a different story). So now do you get what we all mean when we want to be able to keep the selector for later?
    So you are stuck playing the game the exact same way that everyone before you has had to play? But with much better rewards and an easier route to be thronebreaker than anyone has ever had before? That sounds horrible. We should all be upset that it’s not even easier for you. Why not be happy that you are going to be able to be thronebreaker from such an easy event? Not everything has to be about always asking for more. I am not saying it wouldn’t be better to get the nexus first but it’s not likely to change now as it’s always been this way with these kind of rewards, including the abyss. If they won’t change it for accomplishing such hard content, why should they change it after such easy content?
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    IKON said:

I'm not sure it's really necessary, there's really only two scenarios.

1. You have a (lets say) skill t5cc, and you need someone to use it on, so you pick Skill Nexus, and something else for t5cc

2. You don't have any skill t5cc and your skill class is weak, so you pick Skill Nexus, and pick a skill t5cc. Maybe you miss the option you're looking for and now you have a skill t5cc, but under this scenario you didn't have any to begin with so you still only have 1 of 3 in your inventory.

Having laid out the scenarios, I am still a tad surprised we see selectors still. T5CC Nexus (with 6 options instead of 3 like cav EQ) would solve all of this.

How about scenario 3-you have a decent cosmic champ but ended up picking skill t5cc hoping for a good r3 skill option and end up getting a dud. You now have a t5cc with no one to use it on and no cosmic t5cc that you could have ranked your decent option with.