**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I hate to say this, but SoP’s Rewards to Difficulty ratio is way too high

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Who’s complaining about the rewards?

I’m complaining about the fact that aside from Carina’s challenges (great content btw) , and perhaps the gauntlet and Mulvaney challenge to a lesser degree, there hasn’t been any hard and engaging content since prenerf 6.4. But not to worry, said Kabam, because we’re going to make this thing called the Summer of Pain, and it will be the most brutally difficult and challenging content ever made, that will shred even the most developed of rosters.

The rewards are perfectly fine to me. I just want engaging content and to feel like I earned the rewards, which I (and I’m sure many of the others here) don’t believe I did.

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

OPs thread title is literally complaining about the rewards though. Too good, for being too "easy".

But he also wants to nerf Quake and other things like that, so, it's really just another thread to get people riled up between those who agree and disagree and it has worked well.
    What? Did you miss my point entirely?
    Remember when Kabam said we would suffer on this content, and it would be the hardest thing ever? If I’m able to do it it’s definitely not very hard. I’m not very good at this game
    And I said nothing about nerfing quake here.
  • Options
    JustinU21JustinU21 Posts: 75 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

JustinU21 said:

I will never understand why people are so concerned about player progression below their own progress. A lot of cav players have been done with Act 6 for ages but had either bad luck on t5CC or 6* crystal pulls that have gated them from advancing to TB.

Kabam have all the data they need to make informed decisions about player progression. If they feel it's time to graduate players who have the roster depth to beat SOP & have already completed Act 6, then it's probably time. Also, with t6b and t3a muddling about in the game now, I would expect that a new title is on the horizon within the next year or so.

I want to try to explain where the concern stems from, because I totally understand why it’s hard to get.

To me, this is a bit concerning not because lower level players are getting higher level rewards, but because of what it indicates is coming next.

From where I’m standing, it feels as though Kabam may be trying to shuffle more people from Cavalier to Thronebreaker because they want to shift the game’s economy more toward r4 6* materials and, potentially, create a new title beyond Thronebreaker in the not too distant future.

I, and players like me, are worried about this because we put a great deal of time and energy, and in some cases money, into growing our r3 rosters expecting them to be challenged at some point. To make it worth the effort to grow our rosters. Original Recipe Act 6 and Abyss did actually challenge 5* r5 and 6* r2 rosters, but there has been no such challenge to r3 6* champions.

Now with the influx of new Thronebreakers and r3 champions, Kabam will certainly start to push the r4 materials even harder. And many of us are left to ask what the point of making that rank up even is at this point. Prestige and Alliance War defense, is that it? That’s deeply underwhelming. Without content to aspire to, it just doesn’t seem worth it.

So that’s the concern. The game rushing along to the next thing when the current thing hasn’t even really had a chance to stretch its legs. If it weren’t for the introduction of the r4 stuff here, I don’t think we’d be having this problem. It’s not that we want you to struggle, it’s just that we want our work to have meant *something* in the context of the game before it’s made obsolete.
    Your explanation makes a lot of sense, and I would point especially to the time/money factor as a big one here for a lot of folks. It's always going to be shifty when the game economy takes a step forward, and some whales & endgame players will always feel like their period of exclusivity is too short. Everyone wants to have their work mean something, but no one will ever agree on how long your exclusive title will get to mean something for. It's fun to be in the VIP section! As a guy who hit TB last month, I'm finally enjoying the game again instead of stressing over every damn 2% t5cc crystal not giving me tech while I sat 2% away for 6 months. I didn't see anyone complaining when they added the t5cc selector to the cavaliar EQ, which was HUGE for cavs trying to get TB. The game has been headed in this direction for a while.

I agree that right now there is not a wealth of aspirational content to chase down, and none that necessarily require a 6* r3 champ, but I don't think that we should be concerned about the game rushing right now. Every decision Kabam makes is towards the direction of retaining their playerbase and increasing their engagement. I wouldn't count the chickens before they hatch and say that there is going to be an influx of new thronebreakers and r3 champions just because cavs who were already on the cusp have the possibility to cross over with this event. Not everyone has the right counters ranked up to make these fights easy.

TDLR: I wouldn't be too concerned, as SOP rewards still aren't out yet, and we have no real idea how many players are actually going to be moving from cav to TB as a direct result of this event. The meta has been shifting towards more t5cc availability, so it's not like this is some massive shock.

• Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

I’m complaining about the fact that aside from Carina’s challenges (great content btw) , and perhaps the gauntlet and Mulvaney challenge to a lesser degree, there hasn’t been any hard and engaging content since prenerf 6.4. But not to worry, said Kabam, because we’re going to make this thing called the Summer of Pain, and it will be the most brutally difficult and challenging content ever made, that will shred even the most developed of rosters.

The rewards are perfectly fine to me. I just want engaging content and to feel like I earned the rewards, which I (and I’m sure many of the others here) don’t believe I did.

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

OPs thread title is literally complaining about the rewards though. Too good, for being too "easy".

But he also wants to nerf Quake and other things like that, so, it's really just another thread to get people riled up between those who agree and disagree and it has worked well.
    Remember when Kabam said we would suffer on this content, and it would be the hardest thing ever? If I’m able to do it it’s definitely not very hard. I’m not very good at this game
    You didn't say that here, just pointing out you supported it before... in the kdsuperflash post Re: Either Nerf Quake or Never Release 6* Quake.

I didn't miss your point. You think the rewards are too good for the content difficulty.

I am arguing they aren't and that I support it.

Kabam isn't going to hold back rankup materials forever. New ones are always scarce at first (incentive for the top players to spend or do whatever it takes to stay at the top) and then gradually become more and more mainstream.

We're at that point now...TB and R3 aren't that uncommon and the focus is changing slightly, to R4 materials. We've been here and done this throughout story content since the beginning.

I asked this question earlier... Do you even care about taking a 5* to R3 now? Did it break the game making those resources more available? Why is it different this time that Kabam is making t5cc a little easier to come by for those cavs who can get to milestone 6 for completing this content?
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Crcrcrc said:

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

I've been assured that he didn't miss him the point, and simply doesn't agree with it. Despite making comments that show he clearly missed the point, because he's too busy arguing to listen.
    Classy. This is typically where you and crc take the discussion when you can't change someone's mind and not everyone agrees. If someone is not for your opinion, they must have missed the point.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Crcrcrc said:

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

I've been assured that he didn't miss him the point, and simply doesn't agree with it. Despite making comments that show he clearly missed the point, because he's too busy arguing to listen.
    Classy. This is typically where you and crc take the discussion when you can't change someone's mind and not everyone agrees. If someone is not for your opinion, they must have missed the point.
    Actually I’m doing it because you seem to be missing the actual purpose of the discussion entirely. I’m saying that this is going to throw off the game economy and make progression even easier for a lot of cavs, then when they hit a wall or tough content comes out the flood of “unit dump” complaints will be endless.

And nice job, resorting to “oh, typical crc” as a way to completely ignore the fact you are not comprehending the point I am trying to get across here
    I still get your point and I still don't agree. I'm saying it won't throw off the game economy. It's the same progression of resource availability that has been here since the game has been around. You just don't like it this time because you think it's too fast. And? So what. It's happening and it's happened like this all along.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★
    JustinU21 said:

Wicket329 said:

JustinU21 said:

I will never understand why people are so concerned about player progression below their own progress. A lot of cav players have been done with Act 6 for ages but had either bad luck on t5CC or 6* crystal pulls that have gated them from advancing to TB.

Kabam have all the data they need to make informed decisions about player progression. If they feel it's time to graduate players who have the roster depth to beat SOP & have already completed Act 6, then it's probably time. Also, with t6b and t3a muddling about in the game now, I would expect that a new title is on the horizon within the next year or so.

I want to try to explain where the concern stems from, because I totally understand why it’s hard to get.

To me, this is a bit concerning not because lower level players are getting higher level rewards, but because of what it indicates is coming next.

From where I’m standing, it feels as though Kabam may be trying to shuffle more people from Cavalier to Thronebreaker because they want to shift the game’s economy more toward r4 6* materials and, potentially, create a new title beyond Thronebreaker in the not too distant future.

I, and players like me, are worried about this because we put a great deal of time and energy, and in some cases money, into growing our r3 rosters expecting them to be challenged at some point. To make it worth the effort to grow our rosters. Original Recipe Act 6 and Abyss did actually challenge 5* r5 and 6* r2 rosters, but there has been no such challenge to r3 6* champions.

Now with the influx of new Thronebreakers and r3 champions, Kabam will certainly start to push the r4 materials even harder. And many of us are left to ask what the point of making that rank up even is at this point. Prestige and Alliance War defense, is that it? That’s deeply underwhelming. Without content to aspire to, it just doesn’t seem worth it.

So that’s the concern. The game rushing along to the next thing when the current thing hasn’t even really had a chance to stretch its legs. If it weren’t for the introduction of the r4 stuff here, I don’t think we’d be having this problem. It’s not that we want you to struggle, it’s just that we want our work to have meant *something* in the context of the game before it’s made obsolete.
    Your explanation makes a lot of sense, and I would point especially to the time/money factor as a big one here for a lot of folks. It's always going to be shifty when the game economy takes a step forward, and some whales & endgame players will always feel like their period of exclusivity is too short. Everyone wants to have their work mean something, but no one will ever agree on how long your exclusive title will get to mean something for. It's fun to be in the VIP section! As a guy who hit TB last month, I'm finally enjoying the game again instead of stressing over every damn 2% t5cc crystal not giving me tech while I sat 2% away for 6 months. I didn't see anyone complaining when they added the t5cc selector to the cavaliar EQ, which was HUGE for cavs trying to get TB. The game has been headed in this direction for a while.

I agree that right now there is not a wealth of aspirational content to chase down, and none that necessarily require a 6* r3 champ, but I don't think that we should be concerned about the game rushing right now. Every decision Kabam makes is towards the direction of retaining their playerbase and increasing their engagement. I wouldn't count the chickens before they hatch and say that there is going to be an influx of new thronebreakers and r3 champions just because cavs who were already on the cusp have the possibility to cross over with this event. Not everyone has the right counters ranked up to make these fights easy.

TDLR: I wouldn't be too concerned, as SOP rewards still aren't out yet, and we have no real idea how many players are actually going to be moving from cav to TB as a direct result of this event. The meta has been shifting towards more t5cc availability, so it's not like this is some massive shock.

Earlier in this thread (buried now somewhere amidst all the yelling) I said something along the lines that it’s just too early to tell what kind of impact these rewards will have on the player base at large, and I stand by that. I still have my concerns, but I just straight up do not have all of the information necessary to know if those concerns are well-founded or not. So I’m trying to not complain about it.

To your other points, I have no issue with expanding the Thronebreaker player pool. I don’t care about the exclusivity of the title and in fact could see a strong argument for it being good for the game to get more players into it. I just wish we’d had something to use our r3s for before getting r4s, and my concern with opening the floodgates on r3s is that it will cause Kabam to rush to r4s even faster. But, again, I don’t know that this will be the case so I am happy enough to wait and see and enjoy the rewards and content as it comes.
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Crcrcrc said:

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

Actually I’m doing it because you seem to be missing the actual purpose of the discussion entirely. I’m saying that this is going to throw off the game economy and make progression even easier for a lot of cavs, then when they hit a wall or tough content comes out the flood of “unit dump” complaints will be endless.

And nice job, resorting to “oh, typical crc” as a way to completely ignore the fact you are not comprehending the point I am trying to get across here
    I still get your point and I still don't agree. I'm saying it won't throw off the game economy. It's the same progression of resource availability that has been here since the game has been around. You just don't like it this time because you think it's too fast. And? So what. It's happening and it's happened like this all along.
    It is too fast. Did we ever have an event earlier on in the game where players could get a bunch of t5b before 5.2? No (that I recall), because it cheapens progression and messes with the overall economy of the game
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Crcrcrc said:

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

No it hasn't been the same progression of resource availabilty that has been there and that is our point.
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Crcrcrc said:

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

No it hasn't been the same progression of resource availabilty that has been there and that is our point.
    Pretty sure Kabam's point is the only one that matters and I'm also pretty sure they have the data and business sense to do what's best for the bottom line, regardless of either of our opinions.

BTW... T5cc was introduced to the game somewhere around Feb 22, 2019 (at least that's when it was added to inventory).

After 2.5 years, you still don't think that making it more available now is reasonable? Wow.
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Crcrcrc said:

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

Pretty sure Kabam's point is the only one that matters and I'm also pretty sure they have the data and business sense to do what's best for the bottom line, regardless of either of our opinions.

BTaw, T5cc was introduced to the game (at least that's when it was added to inventory) somewhere around Feb 22, 2019. After 2.5 years, you still don't think that making it more available now is reasonable? Wow.
    More available in permanent content and "let's let nearly every cav playing the game get 75% of one" is a major difference
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Crcrcrc said:

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

Been saying what you said since sub level 60s can get Cav and trivialize earlier content. They wouldn’t have developed enough skills and roster depth of 4*s even, then when a skill intensive or a 4* challenge appears, they whine about it being a money or resource grab.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian

I'm not bothered in the slightest in cav players using SoP rewards to leapfrog the imaginary hurdles to TB that they made up existing in the first place to start. However your last point doesn't make much sense as someone needing SoP to even reach TB and someone that had 10 R3s and Act 6 explored before the title got introduced in the first place can't have content designed for them both while being one difficulty level. My problem has never been players becoming TB easier today, it was always that TB requirements were a joke to begin with.

Yeah they should have made it tougher. For instance suppose u are on 'n'th position on leaderboard than they should have made it available to only top n/10 players on leaderboard. I am sure u would have loved it.
    Nah, Act 6 exploration and 3 R3s probably would have been fine.
    act 6 exploration is a great idea but why 3 r3s it will take years of hard work, good RNG because if this happens many players will get bored and feel burn out then quit the game.
    Years of hard work? I could get up to another 5 r3s if I wanted and I haven't spent a dime on any deals that included t5cc. Spent money on units but thats about it. Also don't even have abyss explored. The amount of t5cc they are giving out lately is insane. Especially the selectors. As well with champ buffs every month diminish the rng a good bit.
  • Options

I'm not bothered in the slightest in cav players using SoP rewards to leapfrog the imaginary hurdles to TB that they made up existing in the first place to start. However your last point doesn't make much sense as someone needing SoP to even reach TB and someone that had 10 R3s and Act 6 explored before the title got introduced in the first place can't have content designed for them both while being one difficulty level. My problem has never been players becoming TB easier today, it was always that TB requirements were a joke to begin with.

Yeah they should have made it tougher. For instance suppose u are on 'n'th position on leaderboard than they should have made it available to only top n/10 players on leaderboard. I am sure u would have loved it.
    act 6 exploration is a great idea but why 3 r3s it will take years of hard work, good RNG because if this happens many players will get bored and feel burn out then quit the game.
    Cause if after exploring A6, V1-7, a person can’t get 3 R3s, they really wonder if their account is cursed.

For targeted players ready to get 3 R3s, rng isn’t a big factor.
  • Options

then kabam will lose money because whales keep the game running.
    And the same whales will unit through Act 6 which will give Kabam their money to run the game, no?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Crcrcrc said:

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

It is too fast. Did we ever have an event earlier on in the game where players could get a bunch of t5b before 5.2? No (that I recall), because it cheapens progression and messes with the overall economy of the game
    It's not THAT easy. No easier than the people content rushing to Act 7. Not so easy that it's going to release a premature floodgate for inexperienced Players hitting TB. Some people will get what they need. That's great. Unless you want people to chip away at 2% a Crystal for years.
  • Options

Wow, this is an impressive crcrcrapstorm!

I like that word more than I should
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Crcrcrc said:

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

It's not THAT easy. No easier than the people content rushing to Act 7. Not so easy that it's going to release a premature floodgate for inexperienced Players hitting TB. Some people will get what they need. That's great. Unless you want people to chip away at 2% a Crystal for years.
    It's a single fight each week with no cost requirements, to end up with equal T5CC selectors to 7.1 and 7.2.

It's too easy in the context of comparison to other areas of the game where t5cc is available.
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★

If by “years of hard work” you mean “a couple months” then yes. Otherwise, no. T5CC is easier to obtain than ever, and will continue to get easier.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    _wasabi_ said:

Bugmat78 said:

last 2 weeks of SOP were UC level fights and help get players TB level rewards. Maybe kabam wants to release a new progression title?

Sadly I predict this is what will happen by the end of 7.4 - Time Conqueror or some such kang-linked jazz.
    I don't mind the new title at all I just hope they won't lock it behind r4 6 star, that would really tick me off!

I kinda think that's what will happen. If people have 3 t6b and 3 t3a now, by the time act 7.4 comes out in 2022 (by the end of it or after suummer) I suspect there will be 6r4 well before (by Gifting/Christmas or before during Cyber weekend).

But even by then, the number of ppl with 6r4 who explore all of act 7 (if it only has 4 chapters) will be small... just as when ppl first got thronebreaker - it will give the top spenders that distance from the masses... masses that are going to swell when SoP rewards come in.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★

Most of the complainers here, including OP, have often jumped at the chance to go at CAVs and say how entitled they are when they say content is too hard.

How is this post any different? It's just in reverse from entitled "end gamers" saying it's too easy.

Always gotta poopoo the new content Kabam puts out with these " it's too easy" or please "nerf the rewards"posts. Give it a rest already. Play the game, or don't if you don't like it.

Seriously, why are you so adamant at trying to prevent others from getting decent rewards for clearing content as it was made available? Because it wasn't "easy" for you when you were progressing your roster? Who cares?! Content will always be easy for some people and only gets easier for others as rosters grow, providing more counters

And, this isn't a walk in the park for people who don't have giant rosters, a specific champ (at all or ranked) and hardly anyone is using 3/4* or could even have a chance with them (Ronan cheese being an exception for those with him).

Kabam knows what their doing to keep the game interesting for the majority of the player base (80/20 rule). It does not revolve around just the top players and, if I'm being honest, y'all complain here on the forum more than anyone else.

If kabam told you to play UC level difficulty content for abyss level rewards, what direction would you think the games headed?
    Uc level-abyss this does not make any sense