**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parry took a turn for the worse?

TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
edited October 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
The parry timing has been iffy for me for quite some time, but somehow i managed to convince myself that i could play around it.
As of yesterday the parry response in the game has changed, and for me it is worse.
And pardon me for the overdone parry complaint.
I am just curious about this because i noticed a remarkable change but there was no update on my phone (that I know of)

So, what is you guys experience with Parry?

Parry took a turn for the worse? 70 votes

It was bad and i noticed it get worse in the last few days.
50%
CakedaddytutyimutyiDrakon56StrategicxtremegamerD_S_Spity68NekrosonarMrAntiPlayer1994MieshaTateTman0971JcmdawgViperKingVunknownRentonXDrealiTicjp2835IksdjvanThe_flash007 35 votes
As bad as it has always been.
11%
YellsomeMwhitaker23DraenathKestrelleRaiderRedwulf67Kocheesebobbyifu_ 8 votes
yeah it affects me on occasion, but i can still play.
27%
NevvBMEKA5RavenHoodVossler77SomeoneElseninexhelixVision_41VartoxSpeedbumpMSRDLDdoctordoomNoNamesToChooseKingCrooksSKOutsiderwizard365Anonymous346ThecurlerSandeeseForumGuy 19 votes
other
11%
Yarah_DahileHaji_SaabAwesomeKyloRenSungjArus25YoMovesSillyCaitlinWabzi 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    As someone who has shamefully paid money over last 2 years, the poor testing off the updates before we all update them shows me money is more important than the game play for kabam. It is a shame that seasoned players are getting ripped off. Maybe I should start again as there seems to be less cheating going on at the beginners level!?!?
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Make sure you don’t have any ongoing help requests as that’ll cause lag which will probably mess up parry timing
  • Options
    NekrosonarNekrosonar Posts: 34
    I never have any help ongoing as I don't grind arena a lot. But damn the lag spike and parry issue is infuriating!
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    other
    I honestly don't understand the 'parry issue'. I've seen it work better than ever before since the update and nothing has changed since 'yesterday'. Only complaint I have is it's harder to parry out of a dash back now since the update. Beyond that, nothing the above poster said has ever happened to me. What happens to me is AI seem to know the instant your guard is down and hit you before you can even react, so you're stuck holding block, waiting, waiting for them to move.
  • Options
    RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    Kabam said it works as designed. So I guess it has become a victim of diminshing returns or challenge rating. So that the higher the enemy the smaller is the perfect block window. until it becomes impossible for human beings but is theoretically possible to parry.
  • Options
    TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    edited October 2017
    so, i have continued to play, and I am noticing that i get different behavior in different areas of game.
    ROL/Arena - no trouble,
    RTTL/ACT 5 - for all intents and purposes, opponents are stun immune.

edit: Also, wanted to say thanks for those of you who took time to share your thoughts. Makes me feel less alone in this struggle.
  • Options
    D_S_D_S_ Posts: 159
    YoMoves wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand the 'parry issue'. I've seen it work better than ever before since the update and nothing has changed since 'yesterday'. Only complaint I have is it's harder to parry out of a dash back now since the update. Beyond that, nothing the above poster said has ever happened to me. What happens to me is AI seem to know the instant your guard is down and hit you before you can even react, so you're stuck holding block, waiting, waiting for them to move.
    YoMoves wrote: »

Agreed. I cannot parry after a dash back unless my champ is standing still for a prolonged period. Wish they would fix this. I used to be able to dash back and parry instantly if I wanted to do so
  • Options
    MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    yeah it affects me on occasion, but i can still play.
    It feels better, but randomly parry just would not register...
  • Options
    Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    As bad as it has always been.
    I recently just went throught 5.3 100%exploration and parry and along with other bugs cost me a bunch of units and items.. never seen so many bugs are such awful gameplay before
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    It got worse after they said they fixed it. Why am I surprised though, Kabam is known to talk in reverse talk.
    It was bad before but now it's just stupid unbearable!
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    people are yelling about this since the hotfix but they wont answer instead they gave us free aq for all the units we lost it's a damn joke at least they could do hall of healing