**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should Cavalier be "split"?

Comments

• GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    5* useless for thronebreakers? You are joking right? I have been a thronebreaker since december 2020 and still use my 5* champs daily. There is no current content 5* champs are not high enough for. Sure 6 stars make it easier. But you can complete everything up to 7.2 explorations quite fine with 5 star champs.
    The titles are perfectly good as they are.
    Since the same can be said between uncollected and cavalier regarding 4 to 5 star progression.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Yeah sure lets do that and compensate all the TB for all the middle title benefits they didnt received since becoming a TB.. that should balance out the game...
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

5* useless for thronebreakers? You are joking right? I have been a thronebreaker since december 2020 and still use my 5* champs daily. There is no current content 5* champs are not high enough for. Sure 6 stars make it easier. But you can complete everything up to 7.2 explorations quite fine with 5 star champs.
    The titles are perfectly good as they are.
    Since the same can be said between uncollected and cavalier regarding 4 to 5 star progression.

Yeah I had an r3 before TB was announced and I have 11 now with 6 more on the way.

I still used at least one 5* to solo a SoP boss each week.

There is no content in the game that requires a rank 3. There is nothing in the game that is made impossible by not having 30% extra health and attack.
  • GlassbackGlassback Posts: 381 ★★★
    I think the problem is that they are actually quite close. Someone gets cav and straight away it’s on to thronebreaker, with no time to let the dust settle or enjoy being a cav.

TB is seen as achievable so the grind starts all over again. Plus a cav will have some six stars so they think that thronebreaker will follow quickly.

Especially with the rapid growth of the game, people get to cav after like 2 months if the forums are to be believed. But like some already said, there’s no time spent enjoying cav, ranking up niche utility champs to do the cav content or generally expanding the roster and getting past “block, parry, mlllm” game play.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Hoitado said:

The requirements are fine as is and there will definitely be a lot of New ThroneBreakers (myself included) after SoP but it’s not as easy you might think

You still need to get the rest of the t5cc because Cavalier Players can get 75% Max
    You need an eligible Champion to take to rank 3
    Iso is definitely a problem to take to Rank 2 even
    6.3 Nuff Said
    Grandmaster is really tough for some other people
    Other Resources (not really a problem because of all the Glory Kabam handed to us) because we have multiple champs we might need to rank up to beat Act 6

You get 25% for beating the GM and 75% for SoP.
    Why on earth would you be short of forming a full t5cc?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I understand I was wrong, thanks everyone for your inputs.

However there is one thing I wish to correct myself about:

When I said "5*/6* matter/don't matter", I meant new pulls. Atm, I have all the 5* champs I want with one exception: Ægon. My rankup list now focuses on 6*s and I have no intention to r5 any more 5* beyond the 15 or so I have already. Pretty much any pull from 5* crystal doesn't change a thing. I still use all the 5/65 champs I have, but I don't intend to rank up any other champ, as I have pretty much every area of the game covered w my 5*s and the holes I have will soon be filled w my 6*s.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

wow if any decently skilled player dosemt get tb from sop ill be very suprised the only cavs that shouldnt be throne breaker next week are the ones who havent gotten through act 6 (because there just new to cav) everyone else has no excuses now

B-U-G-S!
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Posts: 248
    Don’t get it- why don’t these bad-a$$ “late cavs” just go and become TB?

B-U-G-S!
    Glassback said:

I think the problem is that they are actually quite close. Someone gets cav and straight away it’s on to thronebreaker, with no time to let the dust settle or enjoy being a cav.

TB is seen as achievable so the grind starts all over again. Plus a cav will have some six stars so they think that thronebreaker will follow quickly.

Especially with the rapid growth of the game, people get to cav after like 2 months if the forums are to be believed. But like some already said, there’s no time spent enjoying cav, ranking up niche utility champs to do the cav content or generally expanding the roster and getting past “block, parry, mlllm” game play.

Not everyone dude!

I fought my butt off to become cav but I totally lack the skills to move on at all. I can’t even do variant content. Basically I suck at the game and made it to cav w a combination of blind luck and a bucket of revives.

Um, if I’m honest.
    Searmenis said:

B-U-G-S!
    Ok, you got that! 😊

• LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    Don't see any need for something between Cav and TB. Seems like there is writing on the wall just around the corner if you asked me but pointing at a new progression title coming very soon that will be after Thronebreaker. I think that is the separation that will help distinguish newer TB from more established (as far as rosters are concerned). What will be the requirements? Something mixed w/ roster & game achievements. Who knows, R4 6*? 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Razer_Boltz619Razer_Boltz619 Posts: 131 ★★
    Honestly if ur not TB by the end of SOP then ur doing something wrong 👍

B-U-G-S!

Searmenis said:

B-U-G-S!
    Saying the same thing over and over doesn’t make your bad point good all of a sudden.
    And why is my point bad? Have you tried to complete 6.4 with 2-3 screen freezes in each and every fight?
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

B-U-G-S!
    Saying the same thing over and over doesn’t make your bad point good all of a sudden.
    And why is my point bad? Have you tried to complete 6.4 with 2-3 screen freezes in each and every fight?
    Where did 6.4 come into this? The point was about Summer of Pain, you said you couldn’t do it cause Bugs, and then you bring up 6.4.

If you’re a later Cav trying to get TB, the only piece of temporary content you should struggle with is SoP. As a later Cav, the EQ won’t be as hard. If it is, then you’re not a later Cav. So do SoP, Kabam have explicitly said you will get compensation in the form of revives.

Bugs make it harder yes, and I have been KOd because of bugs in SoP. But I tried again, and again, until I got good runs. You have unlimited tries over a week, 0 energy cost. And even without soloing you can get a good run and go from there with the revives you’re going to get from compensation.

At this point, if Cavs aren’t going for SoP to get TB it says more about the player, than the content.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Kerneas said:

What do you think, would it be a good idea to put some title+progression level between Cav and TB?

Short answer: no.

For every title, it is true that the people at the very top of that progression title are closer to the people at the bottom of the next title than the players in the middle of their own progression title. That's just how progression works.

The gap is supposed to be significant: that's where the incentive to progress comes from. Whether it is too large is subjective, but personally I don't think it is.

If your issue is specifically that there's no way to make a compensation package that is simultaneously appropriate for early Cavs and late Cavs on the verge of becoming TB, then there's a gap substantially larger than that: the gap between early TBs and top tier TBs. That gap is much, much wider than the gap between early Cavs and late Cavs. But the game isn't going to be splitting up the playerbase into fifty different tiers individually targeting very narrow ranges of players from beginning to end.

To me, the idea that Cavalier players specifically are special in this regard is something I think there's no objective basis for. It is a grass greener issue mostly, and not something the game should be playing favorites with. The path to Thronebreaker was arguably high at the start when T5CC was rare, but now that every Cav player can get 20% from monthly quests all Cavs have an inevitable path to R3s, and only need to do one single completion of Act 6 to reach TB, which is itself substantially easier than originally. Given that, I see no special reason to give top half Cavs an even bigger boost towards TB with special reward or offer consideration compared to all Cavs.

If you do, you just load the lower end of TB with Cav players even faster than now, and increase the sense among the top TB players that those players don't deserve to be in the same progression tier with them. You'd just be shifting the problem around. Essentially, top tier Cav players will jump into lower TB, then the upper TB players will advocate for pushing that entire tier downward lower than they are.

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

B-U-G-S!
    Where did 6.4 come into this? The point was about Summer of Pain, you said you couldn’t do it cause Bugs, and then you bring up 6.4.

If you’re a later Cav trying to get TB, the only piece of temporary content you should struggle with is SoP. As a later Cav, the EQ won’t be as hard. If it is, then you’re not a later Cav. So do SoP, Kabam have explicitly said you will get compensation in the form of revives.

Bugs make it harder yes, and I have been KOd because of bugs in SoP. But I tried again, and again, until I got good runs. You have unlimited tries over a week, 0 energy cost. And even without soloing you can get a good run and go from there with the revives you’re going to get from compensation.

At this point, if Cavs aren’t going for SoP to get TB it says more about the player, than the content.
    To become TB, you need two things: complete Act 6 and get a r3 6*, yes? I do have one r3 6* (so I don't really needed SoP to get the rewards for that), I also do 100% cav EQ every month (with revives) and I got all SoP fights done except for Mysterio. But progression-wise I m stuck in Act 6.4 because of parry/screen freezes/AI intercept and so on, bugs. I don't want to pay to get units for revives, so I m stuck, not being able to go for TB at the moment. Am I the most skilled player? No, but I get things done, with a few revives or not, depending of the day. Usually. Now I need, like maany other players, at least double the resources to get through a hard path. Why is this so difficult to understand?
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

B-U-G-S!

To become TB, you need two things: complete Act 6 and get a r3 6*, yes? I do have one r3 6* (so I don't really needed SoP to get the rewards for that), I also do 100% cav EQ every month (with revives) and I got all SoP fights done except for Mysterio. But progression-wise I m stuck in Act 6.4 because of parry/screen freezes/AI intercept and so on, bugs. I don't want to pay to get units for revives, so I m stuck, not being able to go for TB at the moment. Am I the most skilled player? No, but I get things done, with a few revives or not, depending of the day. Usually. Now I need, like maany other players, at least double the resources to get through a hard path. Why is this so difficult to understand?
    Kabam aren’t forcing you to do act 6, in fact they advised the opposite.

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

B-U-G-S!

I totally agree. That's why I stopped trying. And that's the reason someone can't be a TB. I was answering to all this "if you cavs can't be a TB after SoP, you re worthless" nonsense.
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

B-U-G-S!

I totally agree. That's why I stopped trying. And that's the reason someone can't be a TB. I was answering to all this "if you cavs can't be a TB after SoP, you re worthless" nonsense.
    But if you already have a rank 3 then that’s not really relevant to “ if you cavs can't be a TB after SoP, you re worthless”

The entire point is, SoP provides such an incredibly easy opportunity to become TB for Cav, (as in, easy relative to 75% of a selector), and your counter point is, No it’s not because Im stuck on act 6?

How is that relevant?

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

B-U-G-S!

But if you already have a rank 3 then that’s not really relevant to “ if you cavs can't be a TB after SoP, you re worthless”

The entire point is, SoP provides such an incredibly easy opportunity to become TB for Cav, (as in, easy relative to 75% of a selector), and your counter point is, No it’s not because Im stuck on act 6?

How is that relevant?
    6.4 is my problem. SoP may be someone else's, I was lucky enough not encountering any significant lags while playing these fights. Many other people did, and couldn't complete most of the fights as far as I know, so no TB for them either, because of, well, the bugs.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

B-U-G-S!

Most of 6.4 isn’t too bad for completion and most bosses have many ways to beat them post nerf. But what I actually find most interesting in your argument is that the GM will be nearly impossible for anyone with this bug. With that in mind, one could argue that the “high end” cav players are the hardest hit by the bug and require the highest compensation. Because of this bug, they couldn’t become TB to do some of the SoP objectives. We all know how popular everyone finds those rewards. So I can understand the rationale behind that argument.

That said, anyone who waited this long sort of shot themselves in the foot and it’s difficulty for Kabam to measure that impact and compensate, nor should they necessarily have to. After Gauntlet, it was obvious Kabam was pushing people to become TB and anyone who waited beyond that to work through Act 6 had a part in their own demise in this bug debacle. It’s similar to when the server crashes 10 min before AQ ends. Sure, you have that full time, but you also had plenty of time before to get it done. It’s a complicated issue to which I see no easy answer.

Anywho, all of that is to say point well taken but I’m still not sure I agree
    Personally I don't care if I get the TB package, I decided to slowly start my path to TB weeks before the bugs appeared. I didn't want to become TB for the compensation, it's a game, I like to take my time and enjoy it.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Odachi said:

Of course this makes sense, all the existing thronebreakers were just created into existence by Kabam without any work whatsoever.

This is blatantly false! There may have been some players that automatically become Thronebreaker as soon as the title became a thing, but many people have worked and continue to work to achieve this title. Don't be so sour.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Thronebreaker will need another title soon. I assume an r4 and 7.4 complete so next feb.

Kabam hasn't fully maximized the use of Thronebreaker titles yet. They have there pros for sure, but still no TB monthly side quest difficulty or TB hero crystals. Doubt they are "close" to another title anytime soon.
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

B-U-G-S!

How is that relevant?
    6.4 is my problem. SoP may be someone else's, I was lucky enough not encountering any significant lags while playing these fights. Many other people did, and couldn't complete most of the fights as far as I know, so no TB for them either, because of, well, the bugs.
    But that’s the thing, you can grind arena, you can farm revives and you can use the ones you already have, full well in the knowledge that you’ll be compensated.

So anyone who’s blaming the bug for not being able to do 9 fights which have unlimited attempts and 0 energy doesn’t have a leg to stand on. And anyone who is blaming the bug for not being able to do act 6 doesn’t realise you can do act 6 in a few weeks when the bug is (hopefully) fixed.

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

B-U-G-S!

How is that relevant?
    But that’s the thing, you can grind arena, you can farm revives and you can use the ones you already have, full well in the knowledge that you’ll be compensated.

So anyone who’s blaming the bug for not being able to do 9 fights which have unlimited attempts and 0 energy doesn’t have a leg to stand on. And anyone who is blaming the bug for not being able to do act 6 doesn’t realise you can do act 6 in a few weeks when the bug is (hopefully) fixed.
    I agree with the unlimited attempts, but as I said before in another thread, time is a luxury for some people, and they can only play X hours/day the game. As for Act 6, obviously after the bug is fixed (in a few weeks? lol, too optimistic there) they/we can complete it. But not before.