**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Quest Season 9 and Map 8 - Coming Nov 19 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    KeonexKeonex Posts: 300 ★★★
    HONOR Rewards, will they also get updated, not sure if I missed that part in the post
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

I'm game for the removal of the Corvus timeout but can we just remove the fighting time limits from the AQ fights in general? I'm all for finishing the fights as quickly as possible but sometimes the global can make some fights go a bit longer than desired or sometimes the better counter you brought dies and I have useable champs (maybe not ideal) but let me just fight with that champ and have some fun and not penalize me for not die'n with them. Or sometime the boss health pool maybe be a tad bit much for killing with a particular champ but I could go longer than the typical 3 minutes. I'd just like to fight to the death is all whether it be the AQ defender or myself.

One example: I play the Footloose lane, use 5* R5 Corvus on the first BPCW fight. No charges and I don't run suicides so pending the Ai, sometimes that fight lasts the whole 3 minutes. Just let me keep fighting to kill him off w/o penalty or he kills me.

I realize there are other implications for not having a timer on the fight but if anything put a timer on the AQ pausing, not the fighting.

The time constraints are not just for challenge. They're also to ensure the Alliance can work together efficiently. There is a limited time to complete the Map and we all share that time.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

The time out is only for Map 8 andI imagine the boss killer cross fights will make it easier to solo minis and bosses.
    I'm more concerned about the lack of rewards update. The price of potions, t5b, t4b and t1a have been outdated for a while now. We need more glory or a reduction in prices

Eventually the timeout removal will extend to lower maps as stated in the post.

Per the peak milestones Glory is seeing an increase of up to 1100 for full map 8. But even full map 7 should see increases of 600+. It’s being bumped up by 20-33%.
  • Options
    AndyB1985AndyB1985 Posts: 41

AndyB1985 said:

The cost of map 8 is insanity. Is there even enough gold to pay for AQ and rank up champs all in a week's time and still come out a little on the plus side?

it's not 300 per person, it's per bg. The map 8 cost will be 150 tickets per week per person, which is the same as what map 7 was before they made it free a few months back
    Ah, I see that now. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★
    Why not just remove the timer, seems like a simple enough solution. Then again it is Kabam.
  • Options
    G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    Will there be a list of path nodes? Ie: acid wash, csws, prove yourself etc etc
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    True Focus added to AW - players claim they nerf Quake and Ghost and get pissed.

“Corvus” timeout method removed from AQ - Kabam says they are changing the way something works while directly naming Corvus as the reason, players defend it and say thank you…..

Makes no sense to me at all. Whether you guys want to admit it or not, this is an indirect nerf to Corvus. I took him to r3, strictly for AQ. I don’t use the timeout method because frankly I don’t need to, BUT, a lot of players do and they are being affected.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

True Focus added to AW - players claim they nerf Quake and Ghost and get pissed.

“Corvus” timeout method removed from AQ - Kabam says they are changing the way something works while directly naming Corvus as the reason, players defend it and say thank you…..

Makes no sense to me at all. Whether you guys want to admit it or not, this is an indirect nerf to Corvus. I took him to r3, strictly for AQ. I don’t use the timeout method because frankly I don’t need to, BUT, a lot of players do and they are being affected.

They have said in the past that CG was not meant to work this way in AQ and it would change in the future.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Wasn't nameless thanos already been a boss for AQ? How is this keeping it fresh 🤣.

Also does this mean we will have rotation between Science and Mutant Global Themes??
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Wasn't nameless thanos already been a boss for AQ? How is this keeping it fresh 🤣.

Also does this mean we will have rotation between Science and Mutant Global Themes??

No, nameless Thanos was not a boss.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Unenthused.

Nothing to be excited for when nothing really changes for me. Even for the top people, it's just more stress they have to go through to tread water.

As for the rewards, it feels very reminiscent of trickle-down economics lol.