**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on CGR, Odin, and VP

thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Whom should I rank first? CGR, Odin, or VP (all unduped, 6 star)

My priority is AW and not content with long fights like AOL. I run AQ7

- Out of the 3, CGR is probably the highest valued champ and will be generally useful in more content. And ofc he's great against the obvious KM and Mysterio.
- VP will be great in the new AQ7, peni bosses, on nom is a great way of not having to nullify (e.g., return policy). I still see a lot of spiderverse defenders. (I have Venom only as a 5)
- Odin is an unknown in AW but I think he has potential. There's usually a Havok and a bunch of evaders on my path, so he could address both of those issues. Very tanky, great dmg, and useful synergies/PFs. I do not have Hela or Angela.

I think if I asked a month ago, CGR would have been the clear choice. If all 3 champs were released today, then I think I might actually go with VP and with Odin as a close 2nd.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of these champs or your recommendation. If you do comment, please indicate what AW tier and AQ map you play (and even better, which paths and defenders).
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    CGR is better but I’m more comfortable playing Odin as I can Dex freely

Plus Odin Prefights are insane. You can make any champion take on Buffed Up and that protect is clutch
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    CGR is better than VP, but VP is really good -- I've used him outside of AQ/AW mostly though.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Odin coz my r5 cgr collects dust
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    CGR has more utility than VP
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    All three are solid choices. I'd start personally with CGR. Don't sleep on Odin though, he's not just a synergy piece.
    Can't say on VP, most things I've heard seem very positive however
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I have 6* r2 VP and 6* r2 CGR. I think if you have a high rank Venom, Odin is the best choice. But it is so because I dislike cycle champs
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    All
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

CGR has more utility than VP

A champ could have armor up, cruelty, reverse controls immunity, weakness, and taunt immunity, but be worse than someone with something as simple as poison/bleed immunity and fury.

All 3 champs have damage, going from CGR, odin, then venompool. All are good

Odin is a good support champ, with pretty solid damage on his sp2 dealing like 50k+ i think. Solid synergy with hela and angela,
    He has aptitude, armor up, fury precision, energize, true strike, and can double these buffs. Ultimately he’s buff heavy, hard hitting sp2, can counter evade, and a good support champ.

CGR has armor up when hit, aptitude, solid power gain, bleed/incinerate immunity, vigilance, armor breaks, heal block/power lock (with sig), unblockable SP1, precision and cruelty.
    Great damage, solid synergy team with punisher 2099 and night thrasher, along with some solid utility. Very buff reliant however for all his damage, but same could be said for the other 2.

Venompool has nullify, regen (if opponent has a buff), and bleed(degen against robots) on sp1, immunity to shock, power burn, and power drain as well as armor break against tech champs, precision, malice, klyntar mutation, hunter-spider, fury, and blender buffs.
    Venompool is sustainable, good nullify, a warlock, hulkbuster, guardian, etc counter, nice burst damage, counters spider verse champs, and a lot of furies that stack.

These champs all have different uses, great damage, and solid utility that differ in other pieces of content. I personally would go venompool as he is similar to venom, great for variants, and that nullify is really good, and solid for act 7 content, but CGR is probably the way to go if you didn’t complete act 6 yet. I don’t use CGR much after act 6 and haven’t found much use for him unfortunately but clearing content is always fast with him. Guess it’s up to who you prefer using, or what playstyle you enjoy most, or where you’re at progression wise. Regardless you can’t go wrong.

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Odin imo is better than Hyperion
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    @ChaosMax1012 i agree. the only downside is that they take cosmic resources that should otherwise go to Karnak. am i right??

@NomedYeshua I also agree that he is underrated. Where do you use Odin in particular?
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

@ChaosMax1012 i agree. the only downside is that they take cosmic resources that should otherwise go to Karnak. am i right??

@NomedYeshua I also agree that he is underrated. Where do you use Odin in particular?

Godnak and god walker, but they consent resources being used on one of 3 bad az champs. They aren’t happy about it though…