**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does screen mirroring with controls break TOS?

Title.

I want to stream Act 7.4 beta stuff so was setting everything up and started wondering if screen mirroring using a software which also allows you to control the android scren break TOS.

I'm planning on using Screen Copy by Genymobile cuz that's like the best free screen mirroring software out there. If it was just screen mirroring, I wouldn't be bothered but it also enables us to control the phone (doesn't make sense to control the game this way cuz the mirror has a slight delay). It's not the same as using elgato in my opinion so I wanted to ask this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Wow I totally forgot about the Beta.
  • Options
    Demi_GodJay69Demi_GodJay69 Posts: 102
    Terra said:

I think ANY kind of app/third part application effecting any part of the gameplay is considering ToS breaking.

Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Terra said:

I think ANY kind of app/third part application effecting any part of the gameplay is considering ToS breaking.

The general rule of thumb is that if the game is running on a supported platform unaltered (meaning, the game itself is unaltered and the platform is unaltered except in officially supported ways), it is probably fine. Emulators run the game in an unsupported platform and are not fine. Running the game on a platform that is not supported by the Google Play store using manually loaded apks is also not fine.

Screen mirroring a supported platform is fine (it is how many streamers and Youtubers record the game). And the subject of bluetooth controllers for disabled access has come up in the past, and I believe they were judged to be fine. I *believe* what you're describing is probably fine, but this falls into a grey area that I can't be confident in. I believe in general if the set up in question offers no game play benefit, it is probably okay.

I should point out that if this set up is used to automate playing the game (botting) that would also not be fine, because Kabam has catch-all terms in their TOS that allow them to ban people for using any tactic or method they feel damages the game. Automated gameplay definitely falls into that category.
    Thanks man.
  • Options

As long as you are not altering the way in which the game is played, Screen Mirroring itself should not result in a TOS violation. However, if you were to use the controls, that would be a violation of the TOS.

Thanks Miike.

It wouldn't make sense to control the game from the mirror because there's always a 1 second delay. I'm gonna see if there's anyway to disable controls and just have screen mirroring just to make sure.
  • Options
    LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    I use this sometimes it has a bit of delay but I can’t control the game from it I can cast to my tv with it maybe it’ll help maybe it won’t either way good luck👍

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/replica-screen-mirror-cast-tv/id1468495939
  • Options
    When you run the software, can use the command
    scrcpy -n
    To activate "read only" mode which disables any controls. Check their github, it's described there
  • Options
    Llessur said:

I use this sometimes it has a bit of delay but I can’t control the game from it I can cast to my tv with it maybe it’ll help maybe it won’t either way good luck👍

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/replica-screen-mirror-cast-tv/id1468495939

Thanks man, I'll check it out.
  • Options

scrcpy -n
    To activate "read only" mode which disables any controls. Check their github, it's described there

Thanks alot man, I was searching for screen sharing apps late night and didnt bother reading all the details. By any chance do you know any similar softwares which work for iPad? I usually use my iPad to play these days but I couldn't find any free software for it so jumped back to android.
  • Options

scrcpy -n

Thanks alot man, I was searching for screen sharing apps late night and didnt bother reading all the details. By any chance do you know any similar softwares which work for iPad? I usually use my iPad to play these days but I couldn't find any free software for it so jumped back to android.
    Unfortunately I have no clue about ios. I've only searched for Android related software
  • Options
    rischiorischio Posts: 163
    I used iOS built in screen mirroring with my Samsung TV just for the fun of it. There is a delay in the screen and audio that makes it unplayable for me. As small as it might be, it makes controlling the game while watching the TV impossible.