**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Has anyone else noticed this?

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
Hell's kitchen, Muspelheim and the Danger room have all been removed as arenas you can fight in.

The danger room I think is still where the Gwenmaster fight takes place but it definitely isn't in the normal circulation anymore.

Why have they been taken out?

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Danger room was never in the pool. Sometimes you’d see it in arenas, 100% of the time in the gwenmaster fight, and sometimes in 7.3.

I know much less about the other two maps
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    I encountered the Danger Room outside of 7.2. If this observation is true, my guess would be that it's part of Kabam's effort to fix the memory leak issues that they identified.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    There have been a few posts about missing arenas from arenas, fairly certain I played in Hell’s Kitchen during the last map 8 cycle. It’s likely part of Kabam trying to reduce the frequency of game crashes.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    How does removal of arenas correlate with less lag and crashes?
    Less things being loaded into memory before it reaches the critical point of a crash.
    To add on about the crashes, for me they’ve changed from only happening on loading into a fight to also happening during a fight like when a special attack is used. I’m not sure this is a more desirable outcome since instead of having to load the game after a crash I now also have to reload the game and redo a fight.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Shame. I like the Hell's Kitchen map.

I'm one of the few that actually enjoy background stuff

personally I'd wish they'd add like champions doing random stuff in the background, (similar to Injustice) but not being able to interact with them
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Check out Brian Grant arena grinds. For 2h he is playing only in Meteor M arena. This issue started with November update. Arena stages aren't changing.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★

How does removal of arenas correlate with less lag and crashes?

Less active, simpler background environments put less stress on devices. Leaving more cpu/ram/etc for character movement and input processing.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Ive seen hell's kitchen but not the other 2
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Why have i played for 4 years and don’t know what the hell hells kitchen map is?

It's this map (I think) (funnily enough there is 360° videos on YT of the fight maps which I find cool)

This was definitely one of my favorite backgrounds. Personally though, I wouldn't love characters moving around in the background because I feel like it could definitely be distracting. Interesting, but distracting.