King groot

Master_mischief69Master_mischief69 Member Posts: 236 ★★
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
Hello guys, I duped my 5 star King Groot from season rewards, I've been thinking about rank 5 him, he got good buff I think, now he have good sustainablity, fury, poison, bleed immunity and permanent armor break, so is there anything special about him like usable In specific node or quest, and which tier he will be in (I think he'll be in high demigod).

Comments

• Master_mischief69Master_mischief69 Member Posts: 236 ★★
    If you guys ask about my other cosmic champs I have R5 CGR, CMM, Hyperion and 6 star Corvus glaive.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Member Posts: 1,058 ★★★★
    King Groot is best cosmic in my opinion at the moment
    He got utility damage and great regeneration which isn’t present in any other champ
    Further he’s immune to power drain
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,316 ★★★★★

King Groot is best cosmic in my opinion at the moment
    He got utility damage and great regeneration which isn’t present in any other champ
    Further he’s immune to power drain

Don't forget he's also immune to Power Burn, so that's Voodoo and The Visions out of the picture.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    He is an incredibly solid champ nowadays. I recently r3'd my 6* and have absolutely no regrets. I've been using him in AQ and I barely even need anyone else.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    He's got very nice utility, amazing regen and tankiness and great damage that isn't limited by poison immune champs.

One of my favorite champions now.

He's got very nice utility, amazing regen and tankiness and great damage that isn't limited by poison immune champs.

Damage isn't limited by poison immune champs, what's that mean?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★

One of his major sources of damage is his poison of sp2 but he still hits hard without that against poison immune champions.
  • CrimsonBadgerCrimsonBadger Member Posts: 88

One of his major sources of damage is his poison of sp2 but he still hits hard without that against poison immune champions.
    At least, as long as they are robots
  • StephD87StephD87 Member Posts: 74
    Does he need awakening? I pulled a 6 star but not sure if he needs to be duped.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Member Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Im hurt I wasn't tagged in this. King Groot is amazing. High health pool, sustainability, and can do great poison damage. His sp2 also does amazing damage to robots now and if you pair him with iBom, you got a chance to get more furies quicker to do more damage.

So true.

StephD87 said:

Does he need awakening? I pulled a 6 star but not sure if he needs to be duped.

Yes, IMHO, he really needs the awakening. That gives him the regen on his cooldown cycles. He can be a little slow to ramp up in certain matches, so the regen can keep him topped up. Plus the regen is what makes him so sustainable. Without dupe, he can only regen off SP3's. With dupe, he regens while his malice goes on cooldown.

That said, if you are still using 5* R4 or 6* R1, I'd level him up and still take him for a spin. I wouldn't R2 until he's duped.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I will rank up my 6* unawakened King Groot to R3. Iso-8 are expiring so yeah...
  • mattressmattress Member Posts: 469 ★★★
    So quick question for y'all. I just duped my 5* KG also. Who would u take to R4 1st, KG or max sig Angela?
    mattress said:

So quick question for y'all. I just duped my 5* KG also. Who would u take to R4 1st, KG or max sig Angela?

Where are you at in game for story mode and variants? KG covers an XL champ and a villain and can be good for poison boost lanes. Plus he's the better healer and for long fights. Angela will be good for certain debuff Lanes. I thing KG is the more sustainable champ and good for AQ, AW and AW defense too. Both will be worth it... What content is in your docket though?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    I ranked him up a while back and he is been my go-to for Alliance Quest ever since. Since then I am throwing every Cosmic Stone I get my hands on into him because that regeneration is fantastic!
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,368 ★★★★★
    Kg is awesome, I regret giving omega who? my generic sig stones, king groot would’ve been better to invest them on
  • mattressmattress Member Posts: 469 ★★★
    edited December 2021

mattress said:

Where are you at in game for story mode and variants? KG covers an XL champ and a villain and can be good for poison boost lanes. Plus he's the better healer and for long fights. Angela will be good for certain debuff Lanes. I thing KG is the more sustainable champ and good for AQ, AW and AW defense too. Both will be worth it... What content is in your docket though?
    Just got Cav a few months ago. Would like to start trying variants if I can get the right Champs ranked
    edited December 2021
    Polygon said:

Kg is awesome, I regret giving omega who? my generic sig stones, king groot would’ve been better to invest them on

I agree, because I tried KG at R4, he is fun to use, but my first 5 star mutant is Omega red and I used 100+ signatures it's all are waste because I don't use him that much, but KG is fun to play, my next R5 will be KG (I won't regret this)