**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

PSA: GIFT TWO GGCS (IF YOUR ALLIANCE IS FULL)

So I did a post about this last year (see: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/241499/psa-gift-two-ggcs-if-your-alliance-is-full) but I thought it was worth a reminder: if you have a reasonably full or active alliance, everyone should trade at least two GGCs (or some equivalent) with each other.

Short version: two GGCs cost 600 units (300 each). If everyone does this, you'll get back 550 units from alliance milestones and 40 units from solo milestones, which means those two GGCs will only cost you 10 units net. That's not a typo: 10 units. Meanwhile, on top of the two GGCs you'll get back in trade, you'll get a ton of solo and alliance milestone rewards. All for basically nothing.

While an honest debate is happening about the benefits of the Gifting Event (and who can participate in it), I would recommend not leaving rewards on the table out of spite or confusion. This is the rare time when there are a lot of rewards being basically given away to anyone who can and is willing to participate, and understands the numbers. If you don't want to spend, don't spend. But at least take the free stuff that's up for grabs, and make sure the rest of your alliance mates get in on the easy rewards.

Comments

• ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Great post. I've provided your post to my alliance. Greatly appreciated.
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    edited December 2021
    Good skills pointing this out . A positive outlook on a day when every other gifting post was full of 'woe is me' and entitlement rhetoric.
  • Dude17Dude17 Posts: 133 ★★
    @DNA3000 we need a 2022 version of this PSA please :)
  • Dude17 said:

we need a 2022 version of this PSA please :)

Someone already did one for this year (2022) in the main announcement thread.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/322289/this-holiday-season-welcome-to-the-banquet/p11

(consolidated different edits, now on Page 11 of that main thread)
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    The 2022 version is buy 3 GBC's for 900 Units. As long as everyone in your Alliance does it you get great rewards and will actually net 150 (1050-900) Units so literally even better than last year in that regard.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Our ally hit top milestones within first hour of the event.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

Yeah.. makes whole event boring when all the milestones hit with 10 minutes of event
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Yeah.. makes whole event boring when all the milestones hit with 10 minutes of event
    Now I'm just waiting on calendar swag and being salty that I still couldn't manage to get a Thanos after $o, $o many trie$.
  • Dude17 said:

Unfortunately I was down with Covid this time around and couldn't look at it carefully, meanwhile many other players posted (or videoed) good guides for the event.

This time around there isn't a trivial freebee strategy, but there are a few good ones out there depending on what you want. I personally would recommend buying enough GGCs to snag the unit milestones in the solo and alliance events (assuming the rest of your alliance participates), but you need to factor in the fact that we get a lot more free GGCs (GBCs?) this time around with the accolade calendar and event milestones. There are ways to get a bunch of stuff completely for free (as in no units) by getting the crystals from the accolade event, and then earning points opening those to earn milestones in the other events.

However, if you're targeting that juicy Abyss crystal, these strategies won't get you there. In my opinion, if you are free to play and able to scrape up the units, and you have an intermediate level account or lower, the milestone rewards up to and including the Abyss crystal are likely to be game-changing, and I would burn the units here.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Dude17 said:

Unfortunately I was down with Covid this time around and couldn't look at it carefully, meanwhile many other players posted (or videoed) good guides for the event.

This time around there isn't a trivial freebee strategy, but there are a few good ones out there depending on what you want. I personally would recommend buying enough GGCs to snag the unit milestones in the solo and alliance events (assuming the rest of your alliance participates), but you need to factor in the fact that we get a lot more free GGCs (GBCs?) this time around with the accolade calendar and event milestones. There are ways to get a bunch of stuff completely for free (as in no units) by getting the crystals from the accolade event, and then earning points opening those to earn milestones in the other events.

However, if you're targeting that juicy Abyss crystal, these strategies won't get you there. In my opinion, if you are free to play and able to scrape up the units, and you have an intermediate level account or lower, the milestone rewards up to and including the Abyss crystal are likely to be game-changing, and I would burn the units here.
    If everyone (30) in your Alliance maxes out the points in the event that are available for free and is willing to spend 900 of the 1050 units they earn from the event on GBC's, everyone will get the Abyss Nexus Crystal. You can get all of the Alliance Milestones and still literally gain units from the event if everyone participates. Solo Milestones will take more investment though.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Dude17 said:

Funny story. I just wished you well, boasting about how I was untainted, as far as I was aware. New development as of today.

• Ouch. Hope you shake it off quicker than I did.