**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How Good is Overseer?

Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
Just duped my 6* overseer. Know very little about him but know some people really like him. Is he worth trying out and possibly ranking?

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,660 Guardian
    Yeah, you should check out how to play him
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    He is underrated. Is he a top 5 Science champ, no. But he is very good and worth learning. His rotation is pretty simple as well.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,003 ★★★★★

How good is the Overseer? Based on his character description:
    "The Overseer has just started his conquering career and while he isn’t villainous, he’s not quite noble either."

So he's not as good as those categorized as heroes, but not as bad as those who are villains.

That doesn't make sense considering most of the top meta in this game is both heroes and villains respectively
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    I’d check out @BmcG on YouTube, he has an amazing guide on OS
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    He also can stun through block on his SP1 which gives you free openings
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I haven’t used him much but he’s a contender for R4 if I get science from 7.4
  • Options
    mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★
    edited March 2022

Very good, BitterSteel pretty much explained it all. The only thing I’d add is you also get extra burst damage punishing the enemies specials and heavy attacks
  • Options
    Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 338 ★★
    Mine is r3 as well used him quiet a number of times in my 7.4 exploration and he never disappointed.really good if u ask me
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,003 ★★★★★
    Nocko said:

Just pulled himself recently
    Is awakening a something he needs?

Not really. It's just a very nice boost.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Nocko said:

Just pulled himself recently
    Is awakening a something he needs?

I’d largely agree with Terra, it isn’t necessary to play him. But honestly, the impact it has on ramping up when you face buffet/mystics with nullify, poison nodes/champs, or champs with abilities that can fail on specials is nothing to scoff at. It’ll take fights from ramping up to 6 gamma over 55-60 hits, to 35-40. It’s a really huge benefit for those fights, allowing you to get to your big damage phase quicker.

Overall though, and outside of those fights, unduped is still absolutely fine.