**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is 6* king groot worth a generic awakening gem?

AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
And is he worth sigs?

I don’t have a 6* Hercules yet if that makes any difference, but I have got a generic gem spare.

Is 6* king groot worth a generic awakening gem? 44 votes

Yes
50%
CdvaSaiyanLogan00LibertyPrimeV1Denzel116SnakepSpadeHunteredricpingu_tucnacekGinjabredMonstaErcarret0casual0HoitadoHilbert_unbeatable2Yodabolt21RiptidedHusstleLorddrewqm44Coach_G1 22 votes
No
50%
GamerphillgreenCropDusterCrusaderjrCassyRasiloveryuwLmaomikeimp123OGAvengermgj0630MaratoxFiiNCHReignkingTWR1s02ChatterofforumsDracarusCap_MuricaErik_BloodaxeNalak8 22 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Yes - if you can feed him sigs.
    No - if you don't have sigs and no way to acquire right now.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    No
    He's good, but not that good.
  • Options
    I have sigs to use yes.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Saiyan said:

He is that good. More so at high to max sig.

He was my most used champ for 7.4 100% and 7.3 100%

He makes BOTH Kang fights into a simple and easy time and from what I've seen, is the safest champ for both. He solo's entire lanes and alot of bosses as well in Act 6 and 7. After his buff his damage is top tier but it does take alittle ramp. Robot killer is always handy to have.

There are some super valuable pieces of utility that alot of players don't understand how good it is like S2099's buff immunity for example till they use it and see how broken it can be in many matches. Power Drain and Burn immune may not seem like too much... UNTIL you come up against an annoying node that you can straight up ignore. The node that gets you to a SP2 fast but drains you just after a SP2 is ignored, plagued mind, Warlock's power drains and both of his power drain, etc etc. He also counters a fun node in All or Nothing. Why bother avoid the SP3 when you can just eat it and get back to 100% before they can do another one (tested in act 6 and 7).

He turns any map of AQ into a joke and can solo the boss of Map 6 with 28 nodes up. Great AW attacker since you can use him to save your boss killer champs and he will still stay on 100%. He's a big advantage in Battlegrounds. On attack you can keep him at 100% for the health bonus and he's great vs Safeguard with his sp2 as it melts life to start and applies a LONG high damage Poison. On defense he's crazy to kill unless they have the most perfect counter and even still it might be a task and more so on Safeguard and the previous Masochism.

I have both the 6 and 5 star KG at sig 200 and I can tell you, there is a world of difference between sig 20, 100 and 200. It's not even close and I tested with both of my KG's and benchmarks of their sigs.

Do the people saying no truly understand how it feels to have a high damage, high health champ who can stay at 100% in most quest?
    Interesting… your response is definetly persuading me. Also it’s very detailed so thank you.

I have him r3 rn, and I don’t use him that much, but I think it’s because of the lack of dupe.

So, would you say I should invest my sig stones into him. Bearing in mind I don’t have Hercules yet? Assuming I put the gem into him of course
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Saiyan said:

He makes BOTH Kang fights into a simple and easy time and from what I've seen, is the safest champ for both. He solo's entire lanes and alot of bosses as well in Act 6 and 7. After his buff his damage is top tier but it does take alittle ramp. Robot killer is always handy to have.

There are some super valuable pieces of utility that alot of players don't understand how good it is like S2099's buff immunity for example till they use it and see how broken it can be in many matches. Power Drain and Burn immune may not seem like too much... UNTIL you come up against an annoying node that you can straight up ignore. The node that gets you to a SP2 fast but drains you just after a SP2 is ignored, plagued mind, Warlock's power drains and both of his power drain, etc etc. He also counters a fun node in All or Nothing. Why bother avoid the SP3 when you can just eat it and get back to 100% before they can do another one (tested in act 6 and 7).

He turns any map of AQ into a joke and can solo the boss of Map 6 with 28 nodes up. Great AW attacker since you can use him to save your boss killer champs and he will still stay on 100%. He's a big advantage in Battlegrounds. On attack you can keep him at 100% for the health bonus and he's great vs Safeguard with his sp2 as it melts life to start and applies a LONG high damage Poison. On defense he's crazy to kill unless they have the most perfect counter and even still it might be a task and more so on Safeguard and the previous Masochism.

I have both the 6 and 5 star KG at sig 200 and I can tell you, there is a world of difference between sig 20, 100 and 200. It's not even close and I tested with both of my KG's and benchmarks of their sigs.

Do the people saying no truly understand how it feels to have a high damage, high health champ who can stay at 100% in most quest?
    @ReignkingTW

Is he worth awakening full sig over Knull or SM 2099 in your opinion? I’m tempted to take the plunge and awaken him myself.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Yes

Saiyan said:

@ReignkingTW

Is he worth awakening full sig over Knull or SM 2099 in your opinion? I’m tempted to take the plunge and awaken him myself.
    I have S2099 at R3 and he's fine unawakened but I know he's better with his sig. Still tho, all his utility is in his base kit so he doesn't need it.

I see Knull's sig the same way I see Tigra's sig. They don't NEED it but it speeds up the ramp and makes shorter fights much faster. Knull's degen on Regen is cool but the damage from it isn't crazy and he will always have so much debuffs up that they won't have regen anyway (assuming you have at least 1 point in Despair).

Yes, KG is worth a gem AND max sig. He will make your entire MCOC experience so much easier when you can use him. He's not as flashy as other champs, but he can do things they can't or better than they can.
  • Options
    Yes

Saiyan said:

Interesting… your response is definetly persuading me. Also it’s very detailed so thank you.

I have him r3 rn, and I don’t use him that much, but I think it’s because of the lack of dupe.

So, would you say I should invest my sig stones into him. Bearing in mind I don’t have Hercules yet? Assuming I put the gem into him of course
    I forgot to answer your question. Yes, I would sig him up as far as you can. Trust me, it's worth it.

Players focus on high damage alittle to much and ignore the defensive side of MCOC.
  • Options
    Saiyan said:

Saiyan said:

I forgot to answer your question. Yes, I would sig him up as far as you can. Trust me, it's worth it.

Players focus on high damage alittle to much and ignore the defensive side of MCOC.
    Okay thank you. I’ve seen him do decent for battlegrounds here and there aswell for his tankiness both offensively and defensively
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    No
    Saiyan said:

Saiyan said:

But again it doesn’t hurt to safe a gem for a bit longer to Hercules is very good yes I’m don’t hav a 6 star one my alt but just that’s thing is Hercules can’t dies unless aar or nullify in play that can be great two. things king groot is only is worth a cosmic in my eys not a generic. My opinion yes hav a 6 star king groot only at sig 20.
  • Options
    Yes
    Saiyan said:

What they said. Great summary!
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    No

Saiyan said:

I don't have them so I couldn't say.

• Options
    Yes

Saiyan said:

I don't have them so I couldn't say.

Why? What's your reason?

At least explain why KG isn't worth a generic gem cuz I can tell you many reasons why he is and even over other top champs as well.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Gamer said:

Saiyan said:

Saiyan said:

But again it doesn’t hurt to safe a gem for a bit longer to Hercules is very good yes I’m don’t hav a 6 star one my alt but just that’s thing is Hercules can’t dies unless aar or nullify in play that can be great two. things king groot is only is worth a cosmic in my eys not a generic. My opinion yes hav a 6 star king groot only at sig 20.
    The signature ability transforms both champions and allows them to come back from situations that they shouldn't be able to survive. However, it's worth stressing that a sig 20 King Groot and a high-sig KG are two very different champions. At sig 20, he only heals for around 3K every cycle. At sig 200, he heals almost 10K. That's an insane amount of regen to have every 13 seconds.

It's also worth noting that his sig ability does more than give you healing: it also extends your poison duration. At sig 20, it's extended by +58% while at sig 200, it's a full +100%.

I've been pumping my KG full with every sig I can find ever since I duped him and I've never looked back. I think I r3'd him the day I duped him. He's been one of my absolute MVPs since then. He just survives...everything.