**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gwenpool nerf

Comments

• Options
    Rank down tickets should not be given based on the severity of the nerf. Any changes to the character would warrant a rank down ticket. Simply because what i spend on is no longer what i get, no matter how insignificant the different may be.

If that is how you really feel, you really shouldn't play this game or any other MMO. Or at least you shouldn't spend money on it. I can understand your unwillingness to pay for things that might change in the future, but all MMOs change and they generally state so in their terms and conditions.

Fundamentally speaking, you are spending money on an experience. You don't own the characters, you don't own your roster. The characters are not even Kabam's to sell in the first place. They have the right to shut the game down tomorrow, and you have no right to ask for anything if they do.

You have the right to dictate what you buy, but you don't have the right to dictate what other people sell. All MMOs, MCOC included, explicitly refuse to sell permanence. They sell gameplay in an impermanent world. That's what you spent money on. If you think you're spending money on something different, you're simply wrong.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    It's just on heavy attacks people. Its not like we are using this exploit much at all. If you are then get better at the game. People are just reading Gwen pool Nerf and not looking into what the nerf is. Ive used her for a long time and have great use out of her and literally never use her heavies.
  • Options
    WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    edited November 2017

It is a lazy fix. That's my biggest issue with it. It's as if he got to leave work for a long weekend once the "exploit" was fixed. Miike even stated it was the easiest fix. It literally took 10 minutes on the forums before someone came up with a better idea. [/quote]

I can understand seeing the changes as lazy, and wanting the numbers to be beefed up, but asking for RDT isn't making going to make Kabam take you any seriously( I would assume they'd be less inclined to make any changes if people demand them).

They fixed an issue with her putting enemies in a infinite heavy loop, although "lazily" as you put it. They didn't change her bleed damage, nor her core identity.
  • Options
    AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    Superman69 wrote: »
    Guys, stop making it such a big deal. Because it's not. I have a r5 GP, who i grinded from arena and used a skill awakening gem on plus some stones, so i spent a lot of resources on mine, and still i don't think it's THAT big of a deal. You rarely use her heavies anyways. Just L3 and then they're dead in a few combos.

And that corner exploit wasn't even that good anyways. I saw a video of 4* r5 GP vs RoL WS, it took 600+ hits. So basically useless in AQ/AW etc.

People are acting like they nerfed AA's heavy. Now if his bleed % is reduced to 5 on heavies, that would be a problem.

If they can the change 1 champs heavy atk effect from 50% to 5% in one night, while we grind for the champs for 1 year, basically they are telling you no matter how many effort or $ u spend on, we are the god of this game and we change it as we like, so you can choose to bear with it or leave...get it?
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    It's just on heavy attacks people. Its not like we are using this exploit much at all. If you are then get better at the game. People are just reading Gwen pool Nerf and not looking into what the nerf is. Ive used her for a long time and have great use out of her and literally never use her heavies.

Do you realize her heavy bleed damage was one of the highest or the highest in the game? Please analize this. Did you see the options i spoke about besides reducing this to 5 percent?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I use her often, and I'm not bent out of shape about it. They're reducing her chance to Bleed on Heavy, not the stackable Bleed. It was an annoyance more than anything because it continually reset it after a Heavy. It's really not as significant as it seems. If it is causing an exploitable situation, I'm cool with it.
  • Options
    **Heavy attack**, is the key word here, **HEAVY**, you know that type of attack where if you attempt to use it in 90% of scenarios you will instantly get punished by the ai?

People know they only used heavies on gwenpool for the infinite, and they're demanding rank down tickets due to that.

• Options
    SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    I have Gwenpool and I saw the nerf coming. I also expect DV, Hyperion, Blade, Mephisto to be nerfed in the future. C'mon guys after 12.0 debacle do you really expect anything different. Kabam nerfs at will whenever they see fit. It's sad cause we all put in time, effort, resources and even $ into the champs we rank up only to get kicked in the balls. then to add insult to injury Kabam says " NOOOOO It's not a nerf" or some other lame ass excuse. I guess we gotta take it in the rear as always an roll wt the punches! Thanks Kabam for the nerf that "everyone" was screaming for. How about buffing the 90% **** champs we have warming our benches.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited November 2017

I never hinted at RDTs to be clear. It does change the core of her heavy and her ability to get bleeds. I've admitted multiple times that I understand the need to fix the exploit. I just don't like the way they did it. It is a nerf to her heavy.
  • Options
    Watden wrote: »
    **Heavy attack**, is the key word here, **HEAVY**, you know that type of attack where if you attempt to use it in 90% of scenarios you will instantly get punished by the ai?

People know they only used heavies on gwenpool for the infinite, and they're demanding rank down tickets due to that.

I've never relied on the Bleed from the Heavy to begin with. It's the stackable Light that is more useful.
  • Options
    This is not a nerf, people who used this as an exploit to trap a char in the corner forever is very similar to how SW use to operate pre 12.0 release with a crit team, this brings balance back into some aspects of the game.

P.S. I don't have Gwen Pool as a 4* or 5* so I really don't care lol
    then you shouldn’t be talking about it. They aren’t complaining on the exploit they are complaining only the low percentage. Perhaps they shoul rework the heavy to do something entirely different that wont be connected to enervate

• Options
    Again people her heavy use to reapply bleed damage which was the highest in the game. Now that bleed damage is gone almost completely.
  • Options
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Do you realize her heavy bleed damage was one of the highest or the highest in the game? Please analize this. Did you see the options i spoke about besides reducing this to 5 percent?

Sure you're right but it might be the highest in the game fine, but that doesn't mean it's the best option for attack. That's what in saying. 5% Does seem like a huge drop off from what it is but as a company, kabam has been known to over compensate needed changes. Nevertheless, theres not many scenarios where I would use Gwen pools heavy attack as it stands today. From the video I posted I was on pace to attack him well over 1000 times. And it's much faster to fight without the exploit
  • Options
    Again people her heavy use to reapply bleed damage which was the highest in the game. Now that bleed damage is gone almost completely.

Not at all, actually. The Bleed Damage comes from the Light Attack and RNG. That Heavy has never been the source of usefulness. I don't know anyone who spams Heavies with high AI. Unless you're in a corner and panicking. It was exploitable with the Enervate. That's what's being addressed. Not her use of Bleed overall.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Tad bit confused why everyone cares about this so much. The bleed on her heavy doesn't appear to be that relevant based on how often she can inflict bleed anyways, and was only changed to remove the potential for exploiting Enervate.

It's not going to make Gwenpoole awful and it only affects fights against the AI.

I mean, yeah, it sucks... but they are making people aware of it, and of all the changes that could be made to a champion this is extremely minor.

Although I do like giving champions other reasons to use heavy attacks than just the damage.
  • Options

Or you could just hit them with a light attack :)
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Did anyone ever actually use her heavy for any reason outside of the enervate/corner heavy repeat? You usually have to parry to use a heavy, and if you parry you're better off to do a 5 hit combo. I have her at 5/50 and would still happily use my 5* skill gem if i ever get her.
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★

Sure you're right but it might be the highest in the game fine, but that doesn't mean it's the best option for attack. That's what in saying. 5% Does seem like a huge drop off from what it is but as a company, kabam has been known to over compensate needed changes. Nevertheless, theres not many scenarios where I would use Gwen pools heavy attack as it stands today. From the video I posted I was on pace to attack him well over 1000 times. And it's much faster to fight without the exploit

I agree with part of your comment but this nerf is like giving hyperion 5 percent chance to gain fury on heavy attacks? How would you like that?

That's totally not the same. Hyperion heavy is the ONLY source to gain furies.
    It would be the same if they reduced her normal attacks to inflict bleed chance from 30% to 5%. Now THAT would've been a true nerf.
  • Options
    DaMunk wrote: »
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    I'm genuinely confused here, everyone wants rank down tickets because gwenpool was nerfed to stop an exploit, to do what with? R5 their punisher?

It's not as if they completely ruined gwenpool as a character, she's still a top skill champion

To each their own I guess.
    It's a matter of principle. For a game that offers in-game purchases, all in-game resources may br directly or indirectly purchased with money and those resources will be spent on ranking up champions based on their ability at that point of time.

By making their ability worse, or reducing its effectiveness, players will feel slighted that what they have spent on was not what they get.

To prevent this, either design the character once and get it right, never changing it, or give a form of refund to the players who have ranked up champions who ate no longer what they are.

Even if they nerf Spider Gwen or Iron Patriot they should be giving out rank down tickets.

How else can the player base be sure that they can spend money on the game to get what they were promised without having to worry about Kabam changing that character completely the next day?

Yeah, they don't owe you rank down tickets because they fixed an exploit, nor would they be required to give you rank down tickets, seeing they can terminate your account at any moment seeing it's basically their property, no matter how much you've spent.

If this exploit never existed and they changed the effectiveness of the bleed, then you'd have a case for "deserving rank down tickets"

Whether or not a company refunds you on changing how a character works is up to them, I've played plenty of games where someone or something was nerfed and no compensation was given.

Suck it up, your infinite heavies are gone and you're not getting rank down tickets.

In the end your squealing for compensation because your game breaking mechanic was removed, and you're just using the bleed as a platform to attempt to gain compensation. Heavies in almost all cases are useless, the only reason you're using them on gwenpool is of the exploit, you have no arguments here.

It's a lazy fix, reducing gp's full capacity. They need to bring the bleed chance up a bit more, not to 50% like it was before, but not 5%. 10-15% wouldn't be bad right?

It is a lazy fix. That's my biggest issue with it. It's as if he got to leave work for a long weekend once the "exploit" was fixed. Miike even stated it was the easiest fix. It literally took 10 minutes on the forums before someone came up with a better idea.

Actually, I'm not sure FPC3's idea is a "better" idea. First of all, I think he misunderstood the nerf in the first place because his suggestion doesn't actually improve the situation he referred to as being the one he was concerned about. Second, I cannot stress enough how relatively light the change to the heavy was, and how much you really, really don't want the devs to seriously look carefully at how the heavy directly interacts with enervate.

I guarantee you every other change the players might convince the devs to look carefully at will be worse. A lot of people seem to think this change hurt the heavy attack a lot, but its biggest utility was in converting bleeds into the extra duration bleeds to feed enervate and stack up for stuns. As far as I'm aware that hasn't been changed in 16.0. I'd want the devs to stay away from even looking in that direction at all costs.
  • Options
    FPC3 wrote: »
    I know I like to use her Heavy prior to firing off Sp2 to ensure that I apply that long bleed so my enervate doesn't fall off if I get unlucky RNG, and this change kills that.

Miike, why not change it so that it's a 5% chance *if Enervate is already active* ?

@Kabam Miike
    This is exactly what should be happening to address the exploit.
  • Options
    Dok_HolidayDok_Holiday Posts: 23
    edited November 2017
    Every month with each release or a bug fix;we are exploited.
    Sooner or later there’s only one fix and it’s not a positive outcome for kabam
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    This was a fix to an exploit for her heavy. Pretty simple to see it was gonna be addressed and clearly kabam made sure we are aware they were making changes so good job kabam
  • Options
    realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96
    It’s not an exploit, its more in the line of being over powered like Thor armor break. However, 50% —> 5% is way too drastic. Should start with 25% first to see if LOL completion rate drops. This is afterall the reason for the nerf.
  • Options
    Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    It isn't a case of the animation or anything. Any Champion can pin an opponent in the corner and keep them there with a series of heavy attacks.

The only way your opponent is able to get out of that corner is to throw a Special attack. Now, where this exploitable loop came in, is if Gwenpool had placed an Enervate on the opponent, and continuously applied a bleed through the use of her heavy in the corner, then Enervate would reapply every time it expired, permanently locking the opponent's power, never allowing them to throw a special attack, or even stand up and get out of the corner.

This was the smallest possible change we could make to Gwenpool, and addresses one of the smallest use cases for her attacks. So it was either this, or rework her Enervate, which is arguably much much more important to most players and her core gameplay kit.

Pin an opponent in the corner, yes this statement is true but only if you are fighting a easy mode in arena , or easy modes of the quests , or easy modes AQ and AW, since the change now even if you block while opponent is hitting you or he is using his special, you will be pushed back far away from the opponent, this game doesn’t allow you more then 5 hits or loop of hits , so in current scenario, Pin down an opponent in Hard mode on any quest is impossible, when the game system itself gives the chance to push you back from the opponent when they are hitting you or using the special on you, even if you parry them you get pushed away from your opponent. Now if you nerf a champ on this situation I don’t agree with this. If still someone can pin down a opponent in a corner it’s not an exploit it’s a skill which is not in common.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I agree with part of your comment but this nerf is like giving hyperion 5 percent chance to gain fury on heavy attacks? How would you like that?

I can't get furys to stack well with him as it is right now. But you still need to be skilled to utilize it to it's max potential. As it stands now though you don't need skill to clear through content with Gwen pool. And I agree a Nerf is warranted. But 5% seems too extreme.

I didn't even consider heavies being the only source of hypes fury. Gwen pool has other means of getting the job done
  • Options
    MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    Please help me understand the rationale behind this decision. I'm really bothered by this nerf. GP is my top champ and I have her as a 5* at r4 Sig 160. I explored LOL and used all of my 5* shards and signature stones to get her awakened and leveled up. She and SL are my go to Attack team in AW and I relied considerably on her heavy attack after parrying every time and used both Special 3 and/ or Special 2 to armor break and power lock opponents like Magik as AW boss. This nerf reducing bleed chance from 50% to 5% on heavy attacks makes her heavy attack useless even though power locking and trapping opponents in the corner isn't a loophole or exploit of the game in any way.

Why is this considered an exploit of a loophole? It's a viable strategy that only works on a few opponents. It definitely doesn't work on Dormammu or Mordo and it takes time and skill to land heavy attacks.

That was how the character was designed and I used a ton of resources to get her to the Sig level I have her at. I like using her heavy attack after parrying and power locking or armor breaking my opponent and that's the strategy I have always used with her. She is only really good against opponents that bleed and power locking them with the heavy attack was my go to strategy. When will I receive RDT for her specifically so I can go for Blade? Please advise @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DaMunk wrote: »
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    I'm genuinely confused here, everyone wants rank down tickets because gwenpool was nerfed to stop an exploit, to do what with? R5 their punisher?

It's not as if they completely ruined gwenpool as a character, she's still a top skill champion

To each their own I guess.
    It's a matter of principle. For a game that offers in-game purchases, all in-game resources may br directly or indirectly purchased with money and those resources will be spent on ranking up champions based on their ability at that point of time.

By making their ability worse, or reducing its effectiveness, players will feel slighted that what they have spent on was not what they get.

To prevent this, either design the character once and get it right, never changing it, or give a form of refund to the players who have ranked up champions who ate no longer what they are.

Even if they nerf Spider Gwen or Iron Patriot they should be giving out rank down tickets.

How else can the player base be sure that they can spend money on the game to get what they were promised without having to worry about Kabam changing that character completely the next day?

Yeah, they don't owe you rank down tickets because they fixed an exploit, nor would they be required to give you rank down tickets, seeing they can terminate your account at any moment seeing it's basically their property, no matter how much you've spent.

If this exploit never existed and they changed the effectiveness of the bleed, then you'd have a case for "deserving rank down tickets"

Whether or not a company refunds you on changing how a character works is up to them, I've played plenty of games where someone or something was nerfed and no compensation was given.

Suck it up, your infinite heavies are gone and you're not getting rank down tickets.

In the end your squealing for compensation because your game breaking mechanic was removed, and you're just using the bleed as a platform to attempt to gain compensation. Heavies in almost all cases are useless, the only reason you're using them on gwenpool is of the exploit, you have no arguments here.

It's a lazy fix, reducing gp's full capacity. They need to bring the bleed chance up a bit more, not to 50% like it was before, but not 5%. 10-15% wouldn't be bad right?

It is a lazy fix. That's my biggest issue with it. It's as if he got to leave work for a long weekend once the "exploit" was fixed. Miike even stated it was the easiest fix. It literally took 10 minutes on the forums before someone came up with a better idea.

Actually, I'm not sure FPC3's idea is a "better" idea. First of all, I think he misunderstood the nerf in the first place because his suggestion doesn't actually improve the situation he referred to as being the one he was concerned about. Second, I cannot stress enough how relatively light the change to the heavy was, and how much you really, really don't want the devs to seriously look carefully at how the heavy directly interacts with enervate.

I guarantee you every other change the players might convince the devs to look carefully at will be worse. A lot of people seem to think this change hurt the heavy attack a lot, but its biggest utility was in converting bleeds into the extra duration bleeds to feed enervate and stack up for stuns. As far as I'm aware that hasn't been changed in 16.0. I'd want the devs to stay away from even looking in that direction at all costs.

Your probably right. Usually are but when I read a 45% reduction I sort of lost my mind..lol.
  • Options

Or you could just hit them with a light attack :)

But that light attack dont give hyperion his furies to become God like. Do you understand the comparison?

Same goes with gwenpool. Almost 9000 bleed damage now almost eliminated from her ability. They could have make her heavy ability direct bleed damage then with 1 second duration similar to Nightcrawlers bleed. There are several ways to not nerf the champ but this move is just a sad slap in our faces.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    It isn't a case of the animation or anything. Any Champion can pin an opponent in the corner and keep them there with a series of heavy attacks.

The only way your opponent is able to get out of that corner is to throw a Special attack. Now, where this exploitable loop came in, is if Gwenpool had placed an Enervate on the opponent, and continuously applied a bleed through the use of her heavy in the corner, then Enervate would reapply every time it expired, permanently locking the opponent's power, never allowing them to throw a special attack, or even stand up and get out of the corner.

This was the smallest possible change we could make to Gwenpool, and addresses one of the smallest use cases for her attacks. So it was either this, or rework her Enervate, which is arguably much much more important to most players and her core gameplay kit.

Oh shut up and just admit you nerfed her
    I haven't even heard of such a loop before
    Congratulations kabam u just nerfed my top champ
    Fools