**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Big Changes Coming to Act 6 this June!

Comments

• Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Pro player move. I have to commend Kabam for doing this finally.

I think it will be much nicer for newer players and keep the game going. Excellent job overall.

I beat act 6 pre nerf a long time ago so I wouldn't mind compensation for those of us who beat act 6 and used a ton of energy and revives to complete it.

And cried about it the entire time 😂
    Haha I was right that 6.2.6 champion should've been nerfed for the sake of the game. I think that this entire thread has proven me right over time. Some people aren't afraid to call things out when they know it is harmful to players progress.

Maybe, just maybe you should try it.
    Act 6 in it's original state would be way less of an issue now. 6*'s weren't around when 6.1 was released and the only way to have a R5 5* was to 100% act 5.

There are many outlets now for champs and rank up materials that just didn't exist back then. People are taking 6*'s to R2 left and right before they hit level 60. We we TBs at like level 55, people at level 48 wanting more catalyst space because they haven't leveled up enough to R3 a 6*.

This change is only going to catapult that mindset even further. With all the new champs and counters we have to content now, they could put Act 6 back to original and we'd still see the advancement of progression we see today.
    Only for a small percentage of players. Act 6 is still difficult compared to the average player of the game, and it is the average player of the game that the core content needs to target. Just like the game needs whales to survive or there's no game, the game needs to serve the needs of the average player who downloads it or the player population whither and then there's no game.

For the average player Act 6 is still a significant roadblock to progression, even for just first time progression, much less exploration. And for every player that slogs through it, there are probably many players that just decide to quit the game. The fact that the content is *theoretically* achievable doesn't mean everyone who can complete it does complete it.

The story arc content is the core content of the game. It is intended to be the content that everyone completes. There's a place for high difficulty challenging content. But the story arcs are not it. It is fine if the average player can't complete the Abyss or Grandmaster's Gauntlet. It gives them something to work towards. But if a player gets blocked indefinitely in the core progressional content, there's nowhere to go to work towards that.

Sure, we can cater to the slice of the playerbase that either intrinsically is skilled enough to make it through tough story arc content, or the slightly larger slice willing to grind long periods of time to build up to it. But frankly, there just aren't that many players willing to do that in a seven year old game.

You put Act 6 back to its original form and many of us will still be able to blast through it even easier than before. But we're going to be doing it all by ourselves in an empty game no one else wants to play or pay for, so we will have to blast through it quickly before it disappears.
    I dunno...... All these Cav players wanting a crack at EoP.... They can have their permanent EoP in OG Act 6 lol
    I get it. I make enemies on both sides of the pond when I say that core content difficulty needs to come down to average players, and also say that average players need to sit down and shut up when it comes to specifically challenging or gated content. It is very difficult to balance the two forces, and it can often seem like any concession to one side only emboldens them to try bend the whole game to their needs.

But the fact remains, the game needs moderate core content, and it needs higher challenge content, because if the game is to survive it needs something for everyone, not everything for someone. The people who think everything is supposed to be meant for them (the word "fun" is usually the key red flag here) are the real problem, and they come in every tier of the game.
    Well said. We are definitely in agreement on this one. Even though I still complain and get the content done anyways. lmao
    You've moaned about Paragon title requirements more than anyone 😂
    Thats because paragon is the first title you can't naturally get just by doing story content atm.
    Bc story content is irrelevant now, which is what all you people seem to want 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I don't think story content should be hard for the average player but I don't mind content that is hard. I've done every single piece of content this game has dropped even the ones that I think are terrible like LOL carina challenges.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I earned units on every single chapter of act 7. I spent units in the V1 SL run bc I was impatient but didn't spend a single unit for any of the other v1 or V2 challenges, and I haven't had to spend a unit on content other than that since 6.4 originally dropped.

I'm fine with that, you don't get to have it both ways though. I'm okay with content being free, but you don't get to be okay with it actually mattering as well if you can bang it out day one and actually earn units
  • Options
    IronyboiIronyboi Posts: 1
    I appreciate the changes. However, I think the summoners that did act 6 before the nerf should get compensation for the insane difficulty.
  • Options

Wow, quite perplexed by the reaction here.

I understand that everybody has different opinions on Act 6, and that most of us tackled it when it was first available years ago. But those players that hit it right away also had several years to build their skills, masteries, and Rosters. The fact of the matter is that we have tons of new players entering the Contest daily, and many of them are getting stuck in Act 6, and we want to change that.

Act 6 may have been intended to be difficult when it was released, but as you all know, we took a very different turn in how we approach Act content after Act 6, as evidenced by Act 7 and the Act 8.1 Beta. Most of you will agree that Act 6 was more difficult than Act 7, and many of you (myself included) have explored much more of Act 7 than we have of Act 6.

On the topic of Difficult content, this should no longer be part of that equation. There is other content to satisfy that itch, whether that's Abyss, Carina's Challenges, Eternity of Pain, or other unannounced content that we're working on. Nobody (well, maybe a few people) is going back to Act 6 to complete more paths because they want difficult content.

We made these changes for all of those that are stuck on Act 6 right now, and those that will face it in the future. If you are unsatisfied with the direction or supply of other content, that is no reason to take it out on player-friendly changes that will make this game more accessible to more players.

And while the content will be easier now, it doesn't mean it will be easy for those that are getting to Act 6 now, just less seemingly impossible.

I don't think anyone actually cares negatively about the changes. Those of us that did it did it for a reason. The only thing that bothers me personally is people still expecting this content to genuinely matter conpetetively.

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

I think it will be much nicer for newer players and keep the game going. Excellent job overall.

I beat act 6 pre nerf a long time ago so I wouldn't mind compensation for those of us who beat act 6 and used a ton of energy and revives to complete it.

Haha I was right that 6.2.6 champion should've been nerfed for the sake of the game. I think that this entire thread has proven me right over time. Some people aren't afraid to call things out when they know it is harmful to players progress.

Act 6 in it's original state would be way less of an issue now. 6*'s weren't around when 6.1 was released and the only way to have a R5 5* was to 100% act 5.

There are many outlets now for champs and rank up materials that just didn't exist back then. People are taking 6*'s to R2 left and right before they hit level 60. We we TBs at like level 55, people at level 48 wanting more catalyst space because they haven't leveled up enough to R3 a 6*.

This change is only going to catapult that mindset even further. With all the new champs and counters we have to content now, they could put Act 6 back to original and we'd still see the advancement of progression we see today.
    Only for a small percentage of players. Act 6 is still difficult compared to the average player of the game, and it is the average player of the game that the core content needs to target. Just like the game needs whales to survive or there's no game, the game needs to serve the needs of the average player who downloads it or the player population whither and then there's no game.

For the average player Act 6 is still a significant roadblock to progression, even for just first time progression, much less exploration. And for every player that slogs through it, there are probably many players that just decide to quit the game. The fact that the content is *theoretically* achievable doesn't mean everyone who can complete it does complete it.

The story arc content is the core content of the game. It is intended to be the content that everyone completes. There's a place for high difficulty challenging content. But the story arcs are not it. It is fine if the average player can't complete the Abyss or Grandmaster's Gauntlet. It gives them something to work towards. But if a player gets blocked indefinitely in the core progressional content, there's nowhere to go to work towards that.

Sure, we can cater to the slice of the playerbase that either intrinsically is skilled enough to make it through tough story arc content, or the slightly larger slice willing to grind long periods of time to build up to it. But frankly, there just aren't that many players willing to do that in a seven year old game.

You put Act 6 back to its original form and many of us will still be able to blast through it even easier than before. But we're going to be doing it all by ourselves in an empty game no one else wants to play or pay for, so we will have to blast through it quickly before it disappears.
    I dunno...... All these Cav players wanting a crack at EoP.... They can have their permanent EoP in OG Act 6 lol
    I get it. I make enemies on both sides of the pond when I say that core content difficulty needs to come down to average players, and also say that average players need to sit down and shut up when it comes to specifically challenging or gated content. It is very difficult to balance the two forces, and it can often seem like any concession to one side only emboldens them to try bend the whole game to their needs.

But the fact remains, the game needs moderate core content, and it needs higher challenge content, because if the game is to survive it needs something for everyone, not everything for someone. The people who think everything is supposed to be meant for them (the word "fun" is usually the key red flag here) are the real problem, and they come in every tier of the game.
    I agree with your points for sure. My biggest gripe against the easy content is that when the hard content does come, and it should, we see so many complaints about the difficulty. CAV EQ is a primary example of that. So when they're faced with the hard stuff, they want it reduced to what they're used to, like the act 7 type stuff.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    phil56201 said:

Wait, are you saying that 6*'s were NOT available when 6.1 was initially released?

Maxed 5*'s came Dec 2017 with 5.4 and 6*'s were released a month later in Jan 2018.

6.1 came out over a year later in March 2019.
    But they are not as available as they are now.

Happy with the changes. Competitive content should look away from Act 6 to different forms like Eternity of Pain, Carina's Challenges, and more.
  • Options
    Phibe19 said:

I would like to know what will happen to the abyss of legends. Currently it is the most difficult content, will there also be nerfeo? I ask why the prizes currently make players not want to explore it, I passed it almost a year ago at 100% and currently I only see players talking about passing act 7 since it has better prizes and little difficulty. What's next to encourage players to explore it? nerfeo or an improvement of prizes?

This is different. That's permanent content that's meant to be challenging and doesn't usually get touched like LoL and RoL. Story content had been adjusted and changed before, this isn't the first time. Act 6 just is the most controversial story act our of all of them and has advocates on both sides
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    phil56201 said:

Wait, are you saying that 6*'s were NOT available when 6.1 was initially released?

Maxed 5*'s came Dec 2017 with 5.4 and 6*'s were released a month later in Jan 2018.

How many 6*'s did you do act 6 with in 2019? It took most of us months to get 1 6* formed. Unless you whaled out on a offer, most regular people only had a handful. Rank 2's were scarce because t5b was barely around.

5*'s we're the main champs most people used. 6*'s really didn't come into play until 6.2
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 967 ★★★

phil56201 said:

How many 6*'s did you do act 6 with in 2019? It took most of us months to get 1 6* formed. Unless you whaled out on a offer, most regular people only had a handful. Rank 2's were scarce because t5b was barely around.

5*'s we're the main champs most people used. 6*'s really didn't come into play until 6.2
    3 or 4. I didn't have many 6*'s in 2019, but they were and had been available for a year and a bit.
  • Options
    Ironyboi said:

I appreciate the changes. However, I think the summoners that did act 6 before the nerf should get compensation for the insane difficulty.

I honestly only want a title.

So glad I retired, kabam making everything easier and easier every time so boring.

Miss you bud
    You as well man, was a pleasure to meet you. To bad kabam keep making meh choices, pretty much guaranteeing I won’t come back.
    Hope this isn't the case but I totally get why it won't be.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Well said. We are definitely in agreement on this one. Even though I still complain and get the content done anyways. lmao
    You've moaned about Paragon title requirements more than anyone 😂
    Thats because paragon is the first title you can't naturally get just by doing story content atm.
    Bc story content is irrelevant now, which is what all you people seem to want 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I don't think story content should be hard for the average player but I don't mind content that is hard. I've done every single piece of content this game has dropped even the ones that I think are terrible like LOL carina challenges.
    It gets more amusing as time goes on that you try to represent "high tier" players honestly.
    What's funny about it?
    Bc you play AQ 😂
  • Options
    Timo4realz13Timo4realz13 Posts: 8
    Kabam should make a new piece of content that would go in the the “special quests” tab with ROL and LOL and it would contain some of the hardest lanes of the original Act 6. I feel like this would be nice to get rewards from as well as have a hard piece of permanent content in the game that is not long form content like abyss and labyrinth. I know I personally enjoy hard fights/quests as long as they are fair and I think it would be fun to take on some of the original difficulty of Act 6 with my now more developed roster. I hope others agree with me.
  • Options
    TrapKill66TrapKill66 Posts: 96
    The Champion should have his indestructible charges reset at the beginning of each attempt/fight. Everything else seems fine.

If they are changed so that they do not reset, thus making the fight considerably easier, anyone who completed should be compensated in some way.
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Rillian said:

so 2 major things that i really hope are being looked into before this update gets released @Kabam Miike.

1. if the changes are anything like the changes in act 1-2 where people exploited the unit stuff, i hope you guys are pre testing this update. dont want to give the chance of an accidental or even purposeful exploits.
    2. would be the pre test, are you guys triple checking if this update will "accidently" bug other parts of content or even more importantly, hope this does not negate the so called fix to the game(game is still broken and we are not allowed to question it or bring it up anymore so hope this isnt taken down)

it would be a shame if the game started bugging out again after just less than a month live. i understand there will always be hiccups and minor issues. there is always time to make sure an important update like this is scanned for any major bugs.

Best of Luck to kabam and these decent changes to act 6

If they are mainly removing gates and stuff and not redesigning paths that likely shouldn't happen.
    i really hope it doesnt but thats the thing that "likely" part always seems to somehow become likely after the fact. but im no expert idk how removing a restriction might or might not effect a path that has already been cleared. thats why im bringing it up here so they at least know what could happen.
  • Options
    30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    The point in rework of ACT6.2 is the playerbase. New playerbase ain’t have the privilege of variety in their roster. Additionally, the new progression based title is already out. KABAM needs revenue so that everyone have good time to get the max progression title in less time & grind with minimal items usage in such a way that new player base won’t get bored & quit the game prior to reaching big hurdle (6.2 the champion). Remember not everyone has the skill level to do it item less or can play regularly. The margin of skilled player is extremely low in thousands.

• Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Wow, quite perplexed by the reaction here.

I understand that everybody has different opinions on Act 6, and that most of us tackled it when it was first available years ago. But those players that hit it right away also had several years to build their skills, masteries, and Rosters. The fact of the matter is that we have tons of new players entering the Contest daily, and many of them are getting stuck in Act 6, and we want to change that.

Act 6 may have been intended to be difficult when it was released, but as you all know, we took a very different turn in how we approach Act content after Act 6, as evidenced by Act 7 and the Act 8.1 Beta. Most of you will agree that Act 6 was more difficult than Act 7, and many of you (myself included) have explored much more of Act 7 than we have of Act 6.

On the topic of Difficult content, this should no longer be part of that equation. There is other content to satisfy that itch, whether that's Abyss, Carina's Challenges, Eternity of Pain, or other unannounced content that we're working on. Nobody (well, maybe a few people) is going back to Act 6 to complete more paths because they want difficult content.

We made these changes for all of those that are stuck on Act 6 right now, and those that will face it in the future. If you are unsatisfied with the direction or supply of other content, that is no reason to take it out on player-friendly changes that will make this game more accessible to more players.

And while the content will be easier now, it doesn't mean it will be easy for those that are getting to Act 6 now, just less seemingly impossible.

I agreed with your opinion on this one. I congratulated Kabam on making the change to act 6. It was the first post I made on this thread. You may have my point confused with other people in this thread.
  • Options
    Duo_KulioDuo_Kulio Posts: 182 ★★
    Feeney234 said:

This is a great change for newer players. Even though i 100% Act 6 a long time ago, its great that its now being tweaked for newer players... because it was absolutely horrible before anything was touched.

@Kabam Miike you should give OG Act 6 titles out to people who explored 100% pre nerfs ;)

exactly like that, players who finished act 6 before the nerf should get an additional title that will distinguish them from the rest
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Can I get a No Retreat Champion title ?
  • Options
    TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 367 ★★★
    I have explored all Act 6, finishing it about a year ago. My first run at the Champion was before they merged him the first time. I don’t expect any compensation as the rewards I got for exploration back then were top of the meta.

I would like to see one lane to the Champion fight (and each boss fight) retain their current kit/values, so you still have to push yourself to get that exploration.

Overall, I think promising changes in line with where content/rewards are at the moment, Act 6 is out of place!