**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Have todays war not count towards season.

Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
We did not get the full amount of time to manage war defenses today and I’m sure a lot of alliances had some folks mis placement. I think I’d be best to not have this one count towards the season due to the unforeseen maintenance that happened today.

Best to be fair to all.

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    The last time they cancelled 1 war it was a mess to compute at the end of the season
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    I wouldn't be surprised if they shortened the AW season.
  • DaddyStarlordDaddyStarlord Posts: 7

Agreed and give me my time back that I spent arrange our three bgs well before the end of placement.

Humble brag tex 😉
  • MoonhowlerMoonhowler Posts: 3
    The problem is I do not want to worry about wasting boosts if this matchup is just going to count towards the overall season. If this game does not count there needs to be some reimbursement of some boosts for those of us that are trying to still win.
  • ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 95
    Hahaha people always wanting compensation, free stuff any excuse to complain. Don’t blame Kabam for your loss planning and your alliance mates who place late. You should put a rush on them to place earlier so defenders can be moved around well ahead of time.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Hey all, we are discussing what if any action we should take for this war. It will not be cancelled, however, as it is too late for. that.

i mean, at this point, the attack phase has been up for right around 4 and a half hours. people have already spent potions, boosts, etc. the amount of time that the team takes to make their decision will only increase the amount of trouble that you have to go through. plus, you would have to send out a message in-game, put up a forum banner, etc.
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    ChiefGoat said:

Hahaha people always wanting compensation, free stuff any excuse to complain. Don’t blame Kabam for your loss planning and your alliance mates who place late. You should put a rush on them to place earlier so defenders can be moved around well ahead of time.

Many different factors affect placement. You can’t say this when we got no warning from Kabam about an issue. I don’t want compensation, I’d prefer the war didn’t count. Even if we win the war I’d still feel the same way. We do low level war ( t3-4) so not everyone places right away. I have a window where I do defense movement and in always expect to have that window open. Most would agree.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

Hey all, we are discussing what if any action we should take for this war. It will not be cancelled, however, as it is too late for. that.

Probably wouldn’t have been too late 5-6 hours ago when it had just started and the game was broken.
    How long was it down? 20 minutes, half an hour?
  • DaddyStarlordDaddyStarlord Posts: 7

GarrettN said:

Probably wouldn’t have been too late 5-6 hours ago when it had just started and the game was broken.
    Unless we can cancel before the War starts it is too late. It's also very difficult/not possible to do that when the game is suffering from high latency or downtime.
    Who cares about canceling, we wanna know if it gonna count or not. That's the important question
    To be honest, if it was a few hours, I would understand. Half an hour to an hour at the end, and that's a testament to not waiting until the last minute. Just my thoughts.
  • OmariusRexOmariusRex Posts: 7

Hey all,

At the time, we're going to keep moving ahead as is but will be keeping an eye on any effect that this might have on Alliances.

…….*brain shuts down*
    7714dtl said:

To be honest, if it was a few hours, I would understand. Half an hour to an hour at the end, and that's a testament to not waiting until the last minute. Just my thoughts.

You mean you have no problem with what happened in the game and that you completely agree with what Kabam is doing/not doing.

As if you would ever have a different response.
    No. That's not what I said at all, and I expressed my thoughts before they even commented further.
    Based on what constitutes a significant effect and the history of what has discounted Wars before, it's minimal in my opinion. A small amount of time it was down before Attack isn't a major effect. Some Alliances wait until the last minute. Unfortunately, that's risky.
    7714dtl said:

7714dtl said:

You mean you have no problem with what happened in the game and that you completely agree with what Kabam is doing/not doing.

No. That's not what I said at all, and I expressed my thoughts before they even commented further.
    Based on what constitutes a significant effect and the history of what has discounted Wars before, it's minimal in my opinion. A small amount of time it was down before Attack isn't a major effect. Some Alliances wait until the last minute. Unfortunately, that's risky.
    Who says they have a choice about the "wait to the last minute"? Some people operate in different time zones. Some people have emergencies or just wifi issues. Some people have jobs and family.

Officers have to be prepared for last minute changes and dropins and need to make adjustments. Plenty of time is a relative concept and just because you felt we had plenty is like most of your opinions, not relevant to most of us who actually play the game.
    20 some hours for Placement.
    7714dtl said:

7714dtl said:

7714dtl said:

Who says they have a choice about the "wait to the last minute"? Some people operate in different time zones. Some people have emergencies or just wifi issues. Some people have jobs and family.

Officers have to be prepared for last minute changes and dropins and need to make adjustments. Plenty of time is a relative concept and just because you felt we had plenty is like most of your opinions, not relevant to most of us who actually play the game.
    20 some hours for Placement.
    Not just placement. Last minute adjustments weren't available. But also people weren't able to start on time. Have had alliance mates before from other timezone who would wait until start of war junp on and use up moves then go to bed for the night.

When the game is down for a few hours that might not work out preventing people from running their whole lane.

Try seeing the bigger picture instead of just worshipping Kabam
    So you're trying to tell me a half an hour to an hour is going to make that much of a difference because people couldn't move right away?