**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Galan is the 1st champ who should be rebalanced!!

ShaktimanShaktiman Posts: 225 ★★
edited August 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Just watched KarateMike video.
His damage is really game breaking.
He should really be balanced in the future (6 months iirc)
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Shaktiman said:

Sorry @Captainaiden .
    But his damage is really game breaking..
    He is clearing defenders like they are nothing.
    Even CGR needs sometime to k.o.

Galan also needs time. So that's invalid.
    Besides, many champs "break" the game in their own way
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 313 ★★
    Subject to re-balance for sure if exceeds the bar.
  • Forget galan why hasn't kabam offered us the quicksilver bundle like they did galan???
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Shaktiman said:

Just watched KarateMike video.
    His damage is really game breaking.
    He should really be balanced in the future (6 months iirc)

You're taking the video out of context. That video showcased all the best possible matchups. It's a handful of fights in AW. Silver Centurion would be one of the most OP champs in the game if every node was Thunderstruck.

Go ahead and take Galan up against Symbiote Supreme and see if you have the same results.
    While omega sentinel could be considered a favorable match up for Galan’s abilities Peni Parker is not other than he is immune to the power burn from her auto block and has class advantage, nothing about Peni ramps him quicker and furthermore the class advantage doesn’t matter because the damage Galan does is not amplified by that relationship.

Galan is quite silly because you only need to use a truncated combo LMM with a couple dexes thrown in to build mass before landing a heavy attack then firing an unblockable special to wipe out any path defender in AW.

Crazy if Kabam failed to see this in his testing, and it’s likely they did since his damage meter isn’t maxed out with their rating system, his damage exceeds the limit of that bar.
    While I was ignorant of the sig ability a quick review of the Peni fight shows his sig ability barely made up for the fact he was using a poor rotation (full combo) rather than an optimal one when he gains buffs for every strike. He gained little more than another combo or nothing if he used proper combos in the Peni fight. The damage is busted when a special 1 can wipe out a defender, keep grasping at straws, time will tell.

1) Hope you enjoyed the video
    2) I honestly doubt he gets nerfed due to being pretty broken against some specific interactions - but I suppose only time will tell

He’s not broken with specific interactions he’s broken at the base when he can build up 500+ mass before using a single special in almost any fight then straight stupid when he can build mass via armor effects and sig ability and kill with a special 1.

This is the first time I ever used him and was able to get 560 mass for the first special ever used with him. This was a fight where he gained no extra mass via the opponents abilities. At max rank rarity that’s 560*199= 111k with little more than dexing, mlm/lmm combos, a heavy then followed by a special (which can be used regardless if the opponent is blocking or not). 560*174= 97k at rank 3.

While I was ignorant of the sig ability a quick review of the Peni fight shows his sig ability barely made up for the fact he was using a poor rotation (full combo) rather than an optimal one when he gains buffs for every strike. He gained little more than another combo or nothing if he used proper combos in the Peni fight. The damage is busted when a special 1 can wipe out a defender, keep grasping at straws, time will tell.

When a champion has some big damage.

When a forum troll decides it’s time to straw man.

When a champion has some big damage.

When a forum troll decides it’s time to straw man.

It is odd how many people you end up calling trolls. It makes one wonder whether the smell following you is actually from everyone else being the problem.

But hey, what do I know. I’m just a psychopath/sociopath right?

Good chat, I’m gonna go play with my new game breaking champ Galan :)
    So fallacious argumentation combined with personal attacks, living months in the past being unable to let go, and taunting someone is not troll behavior? Quite the gymnast.

1) Hope you enjoyed the video
    2) I honestly doubt he gets nerfed due to being pretty broken against some specific interactions - but I suppose only time will tell

He’s not broken with specific interactions he’s broken at the base when he can build up 500+ mass before using a single special in almost any fight then straight stupid when he can build mass via armor effects and sig ability and kill with a special 1.

This is the first time I ever used him and was able to get 560 mass for the first special ever used with him. This was a fight where he gained no extra mass via the opponents abilities. At max rank rarity that’s 560*199= 111k with little more than dexing, mlm/lmm combos, a heavy then followed by a special (which can be used regardless if the opponent is blocking or not). 560*174= 97k at rank 3.

Well, you have 8 Intensify buffs there - which are gained on his Special 2... so you have to get all the way up to at least a Special 2 for where you currently are with him in that screenshot.

I've spent dozens of hours testing this guy at max rank.
    He's extraordinarily busted against Armor Up & Power Manipulation abilities - and he's a very solid champion on his own outside of those.
    He doesn't touch the level of being broken at his base as other Cosmic champions though, imo.
    CGR, Hercules, Knull - etc - can hit higher DPS than him with much less effort - granted, MLM > Heavy > Special is a very basic rotation that you could do almost everywhere, though.
    But, keep in mind, pretty much all of his damage comes from the burst - he doesn't do much during the build-up.

Rintrah can pop off a 100k Special 2 non-crit in less effort than it takes Galan to hit his Harvest burst -
    Not to mention, if it crits, it's easily above 250k on the first Special 2... Does that make him broken as well?
    I don't think so, personally.
    Like I said that was the first special I ever threw using him. Here is my fourth or fifth(?) with more mass than the peni fight in less hits. You’re splitting hairs on this point, he doesn’t need anything beyond a modified combo to be broken at his base kit. Absolutely zero of the cosmic champions you’ve listed perform at that level with their base kit. Cgr requires boosts to attack and power back boosts to reach that potential, Hercules requires more or less the same an Knull is not in the same ball park, his ramp is significantly longer than all previous.

Rintrah yeah that sounds busted as well but I wasn’t able to evidence this in the material I reviewed where does that statement come from? 1)100k appears to be an exaggeration or exception because that’s not evidenced anywhere I took the time to review 2) I wouldn’t say it’s less effort either nor is it guaranteed based on #1.

Finally I’m not speaking to DPS I’m speaking to what it takes to knockout a path war defender since that is really the only thing players of MCOC can measure their champions against, and possibly also battlegrounds which ottomh he’ll be broken for while also being another barrier to entry to the mode. I’d personally prefer less champions one must have on their roster to play competitively.