**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Input System Update?

FrydayFryday Posts: 674 ★★★
Hello the Kabam team,

I was wondering what is the current plan with the input systems issue and could you give the community an update of what is the plan going forward?

Also could you let me know how often Kabam want players to report input issues, do you want one report for all of our input issues throughout the months or a report every time we get input issue?

I reported my own input issues a few weeks after the fix were released a few months back (through this link)
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/303923/how-to-report-input-issues-and-bugs-with-the-new-input-system-beta#latest
With the understand that it have been logged and the team are collecting and working through the date, so I have not report since.

These issue are not just timing like Parry or Dexing, but even registering heavy or SP, or even basic attack, so would be good to get an update on the progress from the Kabam team.

Comments

• Options
    Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Agreed. The amount of silence and burying of issue is maddening.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    1. As far as I’m aware, Kabam has never stated that all of the problems with the new input system have been fixed. They stated their hope that a set of patches released earlier would resolve most of them, and that they were close to resolving the bulk of them.

2. Kabam is still working on known issues with the current input system. These problems seem to be more subtle and not consistently affecting everyone, making them more complex to find and resolve. They aren’t being “swept under the rug” there’s just not much to say about them until they are fully analyzed and/or resolved.

As far as I can tell, most of the issues remaining seem to likely involve inputs not being dropped, but rather improperly interpolated during variable performance moments exacerbated by resource contention windows, causing unpredictable frame aliasing. As this is not a structural issue, this can’t be statically debugged, it requires dynamic investigation which the devs are currently attempting to perform.

If this helps anyone.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

As far as I can tell, most of the issues remaining seem to likely involve inputs not being dropped, but rather improperly interpolated during variable performance moments exacerbated by resource contention windows, causing unpredictable frame aliasing. As this is not a structural issue, this can’t be statically debugged, it requires dynamic investigation which the devs are currently attempting to perform.

I was just getting ready to say the same thing, LOL.

This issue also seems to have new life with each monthly update. Parrying seems worse, esp at the first contact in a fight. I had not been experiencing those issues before August update and since the fix.

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

I was just getting ready to say the same thing, LOL.

This issue also seems to have new life with each monthly update. Parrying seems worse, esp at the first contact in a fight. I had not been experiencing those issues before August update and since the fix.
    I have a theory, and the theory is that this changing every update thing is something that iOS players are seeing far more often than Android players, and what they are seeing is what Android players *used* to see.

A long time ago, Android players used to complain about strange and unstable performance which would come and go seemingly from update to update, while iOS players rarely saw anything comparable. It took years for Android performance to stabilize and settle down to something reasonably consistent. I conjecture this was due to a fundamental issue with the way the game engine calculated input processing (specifically, interpolating the time stamp of input messages to the game engine during high utilization windows) which made small changes in how the game client processed inputs in conjunction with everything else happening shift dynamically. iOS players just happened to be partially insulated from that problem, because they were suffering from another bug at the same time which just happened to neutralize it: the iOS timestep bug that fixed iOS frame windows in such a way that inputs were coincidentally far more predictable.

If that's the case, the programmers might be having to "relearn" how they fixed Android over a period of years. Especially since the people who did that may no longer be around to do it again (and may not even be the same group of people consistently over that period of time).

This is highly speculative: I have no direct exposure to the codebase, but it does fit with a few specific data points I have from working with the devs to troubleshoot this problem from almost the beginning.
  • Options
    GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    That was a read and a half.