**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quicksilver Change vs Odin change

TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 367 ★★★
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
Kabam,
After Odin’s prefights were changed, you compensated those who bought the early access bundle and committed to a retune of Odin.
It appears Quicksilver does not need a retune, but the synergy with OG Scarlet Witch was integral to many people’s purchasing decision. Please consider doing the right thing and sending out compensation as those that bought did not get what they paid for.

Now I understand there is an expectation that champions are subject to balancing at the six month mark, but the early access bundle is supposed to give you the six month window of using the characters and synergies as advertised.

Find attached the forum post for reference.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/256977/odin-important-update
Post edited by Kabam Thrillson on

Comments

• Options
    Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Posts: 157 ★★

I have a hard time believing that anyone would see the nutty damage SW can do and not know that Kabam would be changing it. She’s fun a heck this way — I’ve been running quests with her a lot in last 24 hours. She’s a nuke. No way this was meant to be. Obvious it was going to be changed.

And frankly the change leaves her pretty amazing anyway.

only reason i thought it might not be changed is because its blatantly obvious how OP it was, how did it even get into the game in the first place? did they just not test it at all?
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

Kabam,
    After Odin’s prefights were changed, you compensated those who bought the early access bundle and committed to a retune of Odin.
    It appears Quicksilver does not need a retune, but the synergy with OG Scarlet Witch was integral to many people’s purchasing decision. Please consider doing the right thing and sending out compensation as those that bought did not get what they paid for.

Now I understand there is an expectation that champions are subject to balancing at the six month mark, but the early access bundle is supposed to give you the six month window of using the characters and synergies as advertised.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/256977/odin-important-update

I'll believe if you can show me one piece of evidence that people purchased the access bundles based on the SW synergy.
  • Options
    fourkward said:

I purchased the early package only because of the synergy. Kabam releases the information, gets everyone to purchase, then make changes after everyone purchases. That is not right. You can take your 5* champ back and return my resources and refund my money. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra Getting tired of spending money with this game, for this exact reason.

No you didn't.
  • Options

Kabam,

I'll believe if you can show me one piece of evidence that people purchased the access bundles based on the SW synergy.
    The totality of QS’s mechanics and synergies combined in addition to synergies etc go towards forming people’s perceived value of that purchase. To remove one portion of kit or synergy requires someone to reassess and re value the purchase. You will note I never stated the synergy was specifically the reason people bought it, but instead used the word integral to many’s decision as it increased peoples perceived value, especially with the guaranteed 5 star and the synergy being limited to 4 star and up.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Kabam,

*Gets told by someone that they bought the bundle just for the synergy*

fourkward said:

I purchased the early package only because of the synergy. Kabam releases the information, gets everyone to purchase, then make changes after everyone purchases. That is not right. You can take your 5* champ back and return my resources and refund my money. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra Getting tired of spending money with this game, for this exact reason.

No you didn't.
    What better evidence do you need than the testimony of someone who was there? Your argument is faulty at best if you want proof of a desire through hard data.

You think that someone just saying this after the announcement is proof enough? Send me some links to comments in threads on the forums. Send some screenshots from ally conversations about the synergy before the release.

No one was talking about this synergy until after the bundle. Now all the sudden everyone bought the bundle for the synergy. Not for one of the top prestige champs or the amount of damage and utility he QS has but the synergy.

Super plausible.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Y’all really thought SW doing 1 mil sp2’s was gonna fly by?
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

@Demonzfyre Here is a content creators word that you can add to your stack of "evidence". If you also search his posts on YT you will see that he has also requested a refund through Google play since he doesn't want quicksilver anymore

Cool. You found one person and the only thing they said was he thought the synergies for both seemed mad. There wasn't anything about him wanting to buy the bundle just for the synergies and him not wanting QS. All he said is he wants to test them. Not proof you were looking for.

• Options
    Keep it civil. Everyone is entitled to different opinions.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

@Demonzfyre Here is a content creators word that you can add to your stack of "evidence". If you also search his posts on YT you will see that he has also requested a refund through Google play since he doesn't want quicksilver anymore

Cool. You found one person and the only thing they said was he thought the synergies for both seemed mad. There wasn't anything about him wanting to buy the bundle just for the synergies and him not wanting QS. All he said is he wants to test them. Not proof you were looking for.

I'm done arguing with you after this post and will ignore all nonlogic you are projecting. This man has literally never bought a prerelease bundle before, but this time he did to test out the synergy. How is that not the proof I am looking for???
    He didn't specifically state he's buying for the synergy. Quicksilver happens to be a very good champ as well. In fact, he didn't even say he was buying the bundle in the post screenshotted. He just mentions wanting to test the synergy. Bero plays arena.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,661 Guardian
    edited August 2022

I see you said before, my apologies
  • Options
    GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

I'm done arguing with you after this post and will ignore all nonlogic you are projecting. This man has literally never bought a prerelease bundle before, but this time he did to test out the synergy. How is that not the proof I am looking for???
    He didn't specifically state he's buying for the synergy. Quicksilver happens to be a very good champ as well. In fact, he didn't even say he was buying the bundle in the post screenshotted. He just mentions wanting to test the synergy. Bero plays arena.
    Arguing directly against someone's opinion and reasoning behind buying something doesn't seem too logical. You can't tell someone why they did or didn't buy something. Since they don't have the best track record of fully testing and keeping champs and synergy's at face value I don't touch pre releases with a stick. But I can wholly see why people would buy it for the synergy, it was mental, and they naively probably took the game at face value and expected synergy to stay. They can realistically ask for a refund from their Play Stores and worst happens they get QS took off them.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Arguing directly against someone's opinion and reasoning behind buying something doesn't seem too logical. You can't tell someone why they did or didn't buy something. Since they don't have the best track record of fully testing and keeping champs and synergy's at face value I don't touch pre releases with a stick. But I can wholly see why people would buy it for the synergy, it was mental, and they naively probably took the game at face value and expected synergy to stay. They can realistically ask for a refund from their Play Stores and worst happens they get QS took off them.
    Can you tell me how many synergies have been changed vs champs released?

How many champs have been released and then changed?

Do you know what a bad track record means?

And no, Bero will go into negative units. We received exactly what the deal offered. QS isn't being changed and neither is anything from that bundle. The sheer fact that this exists in the ToS-

Also means that he can't ask for a refund based on the synergy change. There was no bait and switch because what was being offer, wasn't altered. No one could have predicted how much damage she could do.

If he wanted a refund, he needed to contact Kabam directly.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

GOTG said:

I have a hard time believing that anyone would see the nutty damage SW can do and not know that Kabam would be changing it. She’s fun a heck this way — I’ve been running quests with her a lot in last 24 hours. She’s a nuke. No way this was meant to be. Obvious it was going to be changed.

Exactly this. Anyone that thought the synergy would remain untouched are deluding themselves. Lol. What a justifcation for the crybabies.
    That's typical victim blaming attitude. The fault is on Kabam but you blamed their customers. Also, the worst thing you can say about who bought the deal is stupid and naive while the worst thing you can say about Kabam is swindle.
    So as a veteran of this game you really think tap tap tap tap sp2, 1mill damage was gonna stay?
    Like really. Id expect this of newer players sure, but after having some experience with the game it is easy to see what is or what isnt "gamebreaking"
    Sure, Kabam never tested their product, that much is clear. There is no taking away blame from them. Their incompetence is normal though, we see this all the time. Why would this be any different?
    So we can agree that Kabam is at fault to release an untest products and they can not just fix it in silence. They need to do something to acknowledge the problem and get back people's trust. What they are doing now is not good for business.

Let's make this case as a lesson to anyone who is rush for an overpowered synergy or champion and a lesson for Kabam to double check their new synergy.

Will they ever learn? I don't know, but first thing is they need to admit their mistakes.
  • Options
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Exactly this. Anyone that thought the synergy would remain untouched are deluding themselves. Lol. What a justifcation for the crybabies.
    That's typical victim blaming attitude. The fault is on Kabam but you blamed their customers. Also, the worst thing you can say about who bought the deal is stupid and naive while the worst thing you can say about Kabam is swindle.
    So as a veteran of this game you really think tap tap tap tap sp2, 1mill damage was gonna stay?
    Like really. Id expect this of newer players sure, but after having some experience with the game it is easy to see what is or what isnt "gamebreaking"
    Sure, Kabam never tested their product, that much is clear. There is no taking away blame from them. Their incompetence is normal though, we see this all the time. Why would this be any different?
    So we can agree that Kabam is at fault to release an untest products and they can not just fix it in silence. They need to do something to acknowledge the problem and get back people's trust. What they are doing now is not good for business.

Let's make this case as a lesson to anyone who is rush for an overpowered synergy or champion and a lesson for Kabam to double check their new synergy.

Will they ever learn? I don't know, but first thing is they need to admit their mistakes.
    Will they ever learn? probably not.

It is the playerbase that has to learn. If we stop buying these dumb deals then they know. But apparently lots like being suckered still.
  • Options
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Didn't they acknowledge.the issue within hours and have a fix in place that was received well.... At first?

They didn't fix it in silence either. This whole scenario isn't new in this industry. Finding things after release is a common thing in the gaming industry.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Didn't they acknowledge.the issue within hours and have a fix in place that was received well.... At first?

They didn't fix it in silence either. This whole scenario isn't new in this industry. Finding things after release is a common thing in the gaming industry.
    They sold the products, got the money then fixing it within hours. They need to apologize for not testing enough.

Let's see if they can do it first or try to kill the conversation and hope people will forget in a week.
  • Options
    ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 ★★★
    Even though how much I like chaos between people like Bero and Daniel, let's stay in topic.

Even if Kabam decides to compensate everyone who purchased the bundle, there are things you can't compensate. They can check my purchase history, this was my first ever early access bundle cause of SW and Black Bolt synergies. I can't trust them ever again before spending into a character knowing that character's abilities or his/her synergies can nerfed anytime. You can't compensate mistrust. ( yea yea I know it's kinda emotional perspective but I was so hyped to see SW like that, it took me back 2015 for a day )
This discussion has been closed.