**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ability Accuracy reduction node interaction question?

I'm just wondering if anybody can explain why ability accuracy reduction acts differently towards different nodes? Specifically why champs with reduction can break through nodes like safeguard, but not through immunity nodes? They are both nodes, but my only idea is that immunity seems to act as a buff and safeguard seems like more of an ability because there is no icon for it under their health. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Comments

• UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Not even gonna bother.
  • I'm just wondering if anybody can explain why ability accuracy reduction acts differently towards different nodes? Specifically why champs with reduction can break through nodes like safeguard, but not through immunity nodes? They are both nodes, but my only idea is that immunity seems to act as a buff and safeguard seems like more of an ability because there is no icon for it under their health. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

More or less. Safeguard appears to grant an ability - the ability to reduce damage when hit. Because that is an ability, its triggering rate can be reduced. Immunity is not an ability, it is not triggered by anything. It is simply a blanket change in the way the champion behaves on that node, comparable to having +health or +attack.

"Ability accuracy" is what Kabam calls what most games call "chance to proc." Ability accuracy reduction is a reduction in chance to proc. If it doesn't "proc" - if it doesn't get triggered by something - then its ability accuracy cannot be reduced in any meaningful fashion.

What makes life interesting for players is that some effects *seem* to just happen with no explicit chance to happen, but that's just because they have a 100% chance to happen by default. Safeguard appears to be implemented as a 100% chance to reduce damage. That 100% chance can be reduced. The prototypical example of this is Ultron's heals. When Black Widow had 100% ability accuracy reduction she could eliminate those heals because they apparently are 100% chance to trigger heals. BW reduced that chance to zero on each hit, which means the heal could never trigger.