**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should RNG /rifts continue for future side quests

Captain_obvious1Captain_obvious1 Posts: 209 ★★
edited October 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Seems to be a lot of debate over rng/rifts. Should they continue in future side quests?

Should RNG /rifts continue for future side quests 124 votes

Yes
45% 57 votes
No
54% 67 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,250 ★★★★★
    Shoulder Angel: "We're free to post whatever we like within the Forum rules."
    Shoulder Devil: "Again?!"
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

Should have added, yes with possibility of acquiring a key to pick path once.

If by acquiring you mean paying for it, would that not create another divide? Can afford vs can’t afford instead of lucky vs unlucky.
    I think that option is even more aggravating. With the option of buying right off something like an awakening gem it would not be cheap either.
  • Options
    Terra said:

I seem to be in the minority who likes rifts 🤷.

I like them too. The sad thing is that we’re probably not going to see them again, at least not as they are, with all the posts against them.
  • Options

jdeck59 said:

Every year the forums are flooded with people who hate them and guess what? We still get them twice a year. Give it up

Have the previous rifts been this way? If I remember correctly they have all previously had an option to gain a key so you can pick a certain path at least once during the event.
    Actually, that was a new feature. Originally, there was none.
  • Options
    This is the first time we've had Rifts in combination with a Store. To be honest, it's not a bad design. If we received nothing but Candy, we would get everything on par with previous months.
  • Options

jdeck59 said:

Every year the forums are flooded with people who hate them and guess what? We still get them twice a year. Give it up

Have the previous rifts been this way? If I remember correctly they have all previously had an option to gain a key so you can pick a certain path at least once during the event.
    I think if they kept that feature, there would be a lot less complaining.
    I'm not so convinced. There's always a certain amount of dissatisfaction when it comes to RNG. Some people get what they want, others roll what they don't. It is surprising to me that at almost 8 years into the game, it's still a surprise, considering the entire structure has been built around RNG. At least with this month, we have a guarantee of the Store.
  • Options

jdeck59 said:

I'm not so convinced. There's always a certain amount of dissatisfaction when it comes to RNG. Some people get what they want, others roll what they don't. It is surprising to me that at almost 8 years into the game, it's still a surprise, considering the entire structure has been built around RNG. At least with this month, we have a guarantee of the Store.
    Personally I have bought everything that could be of value from the store. Perhaps if they put better rewards in the store? But I'm sure I will land on candy the rest of the month and will end up not being able to use it on anything that could help my game progression
    I've gotten Candy everyday. I'm not sure how you've purchased everything of value.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

jdeck59 said:

Personally I have bought everything that could be of value from the store. Perhaps if they put better rewards in the store? But I'm sure I will land on candy the rest of the month and will end up not being able to use it on anything that could help my game progression
    I've gotten Candy everyday. I'm not sure how you've purchased everything of value.
    The store is definitely not all that enticing for paragon players. So you two may be on different playing fields.
  • Options
    6* Shards, 5* Shards (which become 6* Shards), 5* AG, T5CC Frags, Cavs, Cats, literally everything in that store can be used. If we choose to focus on one Rarity and ignore anything else, that's not a subject of the design being bad.
    There are R4 Mats in Objectives, as well as Sigs. There's a distinct difference between want and need.
  • Options

6* Shards, 5* Shards (which become 6* Shards), 5* AG, T5CC Frags, Cavs, Cats, literally everything in that store can be used. If we choose to focus on one Rarity and ignore anything else, that's not a subject of the design being bad.
    There are R4 Mats in Objectives, as well as Sigs. There's a distinct difference between want and need.

Like I said, I have all of those things you listed. If I bought more, they will go into overflow
    The overflow is something that needs constant management. I consistently have 5-8 T5B and twice as many T2A. In fairness to this side quest, you can wait to the very last day to buy resources and have the whole month to plan.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    They've been around for as long as I can remember so I can't foresee then going away anytime soon. And for the record, I have the absolute worst rift luck, never got any top prizes from them (expect the time we got to pick our lane once).

So far this go around, I've gotten candy every single time, have lost count how many disappointed rift runs but expect the worst and the disappointment fades quickly.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've never been a fan of the RNG rifts because I never get the lucky path. I feel like the poll is flawed though. I don't think anyone wants every side quest to have RNG rewards, and the path selector rifts can be good. But if we never have RNG, we will never have the best rewards as options in the side quest. We should have RNG rewards some of the time.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I've never been a fan of the RNG rifts because I never get the lucky path. I feel like the poll is flawed though. I don't think anyone wants every side quest to have RNG rewards, and the path selector rifts can be good. But if we never have RNG, we will never have the best rewards as options in the side quest. We should have RNG rewards some of the time.

As someone who has some of the worst luck possible with rng lol id probably pick an option where I can get a lower reward than have 1% chance to get the best reward
    I'm with you. I always get the shards rather than the mythic crystal because I know it will be a 5*. Broke my rule this time and took the mythic crystal from the candy store and got... a 5*. Given the choice I would probably choose the rifts with the selector and lesser rewards. Fortunately we don't always get to choose though so maybe we'll hit the jackpot sometime lol.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    Store is decent.
    40 cavs resulted me 0 6* but they are fun to open and free.
    Rankup material in store are okay. Will get most of it by the end. I like all level of catalysts and SIG's.

Rifts Big F.
  • Options
    I’ve got nothing but the candies. This month is trash man. Great rewards in there but very unlikely to get them
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Rifts like these are bad. However, if you can select your path at least a few times with a key, rifts are pretty decent.
  • Options
    Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215

Terra said:

I like them too. The sad thing is that we’re probably not going to see them again, at least not as they are, with all the posts against them.
    You do know that Rifts have been done plenty of times before with much better results, right?
  • Options
    Agent_T said:

Terra said:

You do know that Rifts have been done plenty of times before with much better results, right?
    The people who ended up with nothing but T4 Frags and lower Sigs would probably disagree. This one guarantees no matter what you get, you'll get something you want.