**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

BIGGEST CHAMPION RISE UP THE RANKS?

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,138 ★★★★★
Similar but opposite to my previous post, which champ do you think had the biggest rise in overall ranking in the game? This could be from synergies, being buffed, or everyone figuring out their awesome gameplay overtime, etc. My choice is a tie between Kingpin and Falcon.
Falcon was completely useless, but after his overhaul he's a swiss army knife of utility shutting down so many pain points in the game, and that's not even including his basic Evade counters. And to go along with that crazy utility he does monster damage at a good sig.
Kingpin was just OK, but definitely not a go to choice for anything in the game, but after some simple buffs to his kit he went from meh to arguably the best Skill champ in the game, and one of the top champs period. He's my first skill R4.

Comments

• AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    Apocalypse and Magneto are options as well
  • WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 308 ★★★
    Mags buff, colossus buff (at the time), diablord
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    Dr Doom
  • YsFYsF Posts: 151 ★★
    Even Doom was considered pretty bad at launch until people discovered his loop
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    This is easy. It’s Magento and Kingpin. They went from bottom 5 of there if their class to arguably #1, less so for Mags now. But they are both top 15 champs in the game and I think Kingpin is a top 3 champ.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,721 ★★★★
    Groot
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Colossus.
    People hated him for the longest time because uh... he was bad for a long time, literally bottom five.
    Took one GODLIKE buff and imo he's still top 10.
  • IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    Mags…went from useless to top of the mutant class. Still top 3.

Angela…amazing buff, amazing synergy with Odin, amazing champ. Queen of everything 👸🏼
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    IamGrO_ot said:

Angela…amazing buff, amazing synergy with Odin, amazing champ. Queen of everything 👸🏼

Mags definitely isn't top 3 mutant, good but not top 3
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    Ceder said:

IamGrO_ot said:

Mags definitely isn't top 3 mutant, good but not top 3
    Vs #Metal he is top 3.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Magneto, undeniably.

He went from meme tier to an instant cheese option on a ton of content. He rendered so much content irrelevant, that Kabam had to either use Force of Will or make defenders not metal to keep things a challenge.

Other champions that got buffed (Kingpin, Diablo) pretty much jumped only to Solid at the time of the buff, and then over time as people used them, then got bumped up to their top tier status. Kabam didn't have to specifically target these champions to still keep content a challenge.
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 675 ★★★★
    If I remeber correctly people disliked Torch a lot when he came out, to a point where Kabam decided to give him a slight buff (which didn't add too much to his current utilities) and now after people have figured him out he has become basically one of the best champions in the game
  • TrapKill66TrapKill66 Posts: 96
    Colossus: Meme to god.
    Red Magneto: Meh to Yeh.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    No mentions for Cable yet but he's top imo. He's a trash heap until Apoc came along and made him a monster. Lack or degen immunity makes him possibly the top DoT champ in the game.
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Posts: 126 ★★
    This thread is a great reminder of all the great champs that was slept on. And yet history keeps repeating itself, ive been saying it for a while now but people are finally listening, gorr is a great champ
  • @MorningstarIsBae ^^^^^
    My name says it all
  • AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★
    Adok said:

Apocalypse and Magneto are options as well

Magneto yeah apoc? No...

It hasn't happened yet but Titania might pull a Spidey99 situation. Just my prediction

Nobody thinks titania is bad...

This is easy. It’s Magento and Kingpin. They went from bottom 5 of there if their class to arguably #1, less so for Mags now. But they are both top 15 champs in the game and I think Kingpin is a top 3 champ.

Kingpin is no where near a top 3
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Posts: 126 ★★
    Anly said:

Who in the skill class is better then
  • Anly said:

Squirrel girl 🤣

Anly said:

@MorningstarIsBae Chi, fury, thor rags even