**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RE: An Update on the Battle Against Cheaters: Dec 2nd, 2022

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
This is the announcement for Kabam’s commitment to a twice weekly ban: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/321022/an-update-on-the-battle-against-cheaters-dec-2nd-2022#latest

I will like to say that modding or cheating in any area of the game is unacceptable, I do suggest that modding and/or cheating in a competitive scene like Battlegrounds warrants more than just a 1 week ban. The ban should be 2-3 weeks, although I personally believe repeat offenders should get the perma ban. While many may think a perma ban is warranted for first time offenders, that is up for discussion. What I’m saying is 1 week bans simply won’t cut it

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Where does it say it is a one-week ban?
  • Options

I thought there were accounts in the leaderboard that were supposedly banned last season? Each BG season is 1 week after the previous one, right?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

I thought there were accounts in the leaderboard that were supposedly banned last season? Each BG season is 1 week after the previous one, right?
    Not enough information IMO. Not saying you are wrong just like to avoid assumptions.
  • Options

Siliyo said:

Not enough information IMO. Not saying you are wrong just like to avoid assumptions.
    I understand but you’re not contributing to the topic at hand which is temp ban vs perma ban, the scenarios that would warrant for each, etc.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

This is the announcement for Kabam’s commitment to a twice weekly ban: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/321022/an-update-on-the-battle-against-cheaters-dec-2nd-2022#latest

I will like to say that modding or cheating in any area of the game is unacceptable, I do suggest that modding and/or cheating in a competitive scene like Battlegrounds warrants more than just a 1 week ban. The ban should be 2-3 weeks, although I personally believe repeat offenders should get the perma ban. While many may think a perma ban is warranted for first time offenders, that is up for discussion. What I’m saying is 1 week bans simply won’t cut it

It's progressive discipline.
    1 week
    1 month
    6 (?) months
    Permanent ban.

I don't know the exact track but it's something along those lines.