**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

ISOs Issue!

Comments

• DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    As has been said many times the issue is not lack of gold or ISO its players feeling they have to rank every champ they get. The problem is a lack of resource management on their part. The game forces you to choose what champs to rank but most don’t see it that way. I do agree that 4*, 5*, and 6* champs giving the same is wrong but its always been that way so learn to manage your resources
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

Mephisto said:

Ghost_Fan said:

JoyboyX69 said:

Same amount of ISOs on 4* And 6* Dupe?

Wait till 7 stars are out and we get the same amount of iso for their dupes as well!
    Any idea when are 7*s coming out?
    They said it would be sometime in the spring.
    Spring in which country? lol this always gets me confused, can anyone tell me how many months would that be? lol
    I would guess it would be the season beginning after the next equinox since Kabam is in the northern hemisphere.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
    Drenlin said:

As has been said many times the issue is not lack of gold or ISO its players feeling they have to rank every champ they get. The problem is a lack of resource management on their part. The game forces you to choose what champs to rank but most don’t see it that way. I do agree that 4*, 5*, and 6* champs giving the same is wrong but its always been that way so learn to manage your resources

When this is a game were you play what you get, you cant argue that its a "lack of resource management".

If I get 10 6*, which I need to do X content, it doesnt matter which they are, I need them lvled up to do the content.

Kabam doesnt know what you need ingame, they prove it constantly, they give ridiculous amounts of both gold and ISO out of the content.

1M gold nowadays its nothing

ISO offers are like 10 17.500 ISO bricks for i dont remember either 5 or 10 dollars, thats nothing, absolutely nothing.

30k shards are useless if you give 500k gold, or even 1M gold, and no ISO.

As I said, I have like 10 6* that I need to bring up to R3 for some content, and Im not a low progression player, i've been playing since 2015 dropping the game sometimes and Im about to get Paragon as soon as I get the last R4 that I need, and I do all the content that give ISO as soon as it is avaible, I do the dailys, I try to get all the 3* and 4* and 5* shards that are avaible, and I still dont have ISO, because I had to rank up X champs to get content done, because I hadnt Y champs that were better, because as I said at first, this is RNG, you rank up what you get, because otherwise you wont be able to do X content that you have to do to progress into the game
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

When this is a game were you play what you get, you cant argue that its a "lack of resource management".

If I get 10 6*, which I need to do X content, it doesnt matter which they are, I need them lvled up to do the content.

Kabam doesnt know what you need ingame, they prove it constantly, they give ridiculous amounts of both gold and ISO out of the content.

ISO offers are like 10 17.500 ISO bricks for i dont remember either 5 or 10 dollars, thats nothing, absolutely nothing.

As I said, I have like 10 6* that I need to bring up to R3 for some content, and Im not a low progression player, i've been playing since 2015 dropping the game sometimes and Im about to get Paragon as soon as I get the last R4 that I need, and I do all the content that give ISO as soon as it is avaible, I do the dailys, I try to get all the 3* and 4* and 5* shards that are avaible, and I still dont have ISO, because I had to rank up X champs to get content done, because I hadnt Y champs that were better, because as I said at first, this is RNG, you rank up what you get, because otherwise you wont be able to do X content that you have to do to progress into the game
    And it must be R3 to clear such content?.. It would be impossible to do with an R2?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

And it must be R3 to clear such content?.. It would be impossible to do with an R2?
    Is that really the matter?
    Whether content can be done with r3s or r2s?
    This is irrelevant to the discussion.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

The main difference is between want and need. They say they need to rank up 10 champs. It's more they WANT to rank up 10 champs.

If you want 10 champs to rank, you're going to be short in some resource. The only way to not be short in iso is buying tons of cav crystals. Which is only if you have the money or units and that's what you want to use them on.

Iso is a resource just like gold. There isnt a shortage because you want to rank up 10 champs. If anything, maybe 6* shards are now too accessible.
    Greekhit said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

Is it really?.. did u see the post i responded to?..
    It said i need to rank up 10 6* to r3 to do content...
    It's a resource management issue...
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    More for a me GOLD ISSUE
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

This is terrible reasoning. Why would he do it with a r2 when he can do it with a r3? Thats like following the longer route on a GPS when there is a faster route clearly available lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Feeney234 said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

This is terrible reasoning. Why would he do it with a r2 when he can do it with a r3? Thats like following the longer route on a GPS when there is a faster route clearly available lol
    Because nothing in act 7nor 8 needs an R3. Instead of waiting for R3, they can do the content now.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    We NEED TO, not "could" see changes. Ranking up a 6* champion from fresh opening to r4 requires around 27 class dupe 4* or above. That is ridiculous. Ranking up a 6* at rank 1 from lvl1 to lvl25 requires more iso than a total r1-r5 rankup of a 4*, yet they give the same amount of iso.

Finally the gold case was somewhat solved with the glory store 3 day refresh of UC golden crystals.
    But now that r4's are getting more common...
    I just really hope I can rank and lvl up someone with my 705 pieces of iso bricks before these expire.

benshb said:

We NEED TO, not "could" see changes. Ranking up a 6* champion from fresh opening to r4 requires around 27 class dupe 4* or above. That is ridiculous. Ranking up a 6* at rank 1 from lvl1 to lvl25 requires more iso than a total r1-r5 rankup of a 4*, yet they give the same amount of iso.

Finally the gold case was somewhat solved with the glory store 3 day refresh of UC golden crystals.
    I just really hope I can rank and lvl up someone with my 705 pieces of iso bricks before these expire.

That screenshot only says u did well in Banquet and probably CM... Ended up with a bunch all of the sudden and not enough iso to use it up...
    Feeney234 said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

If he has problems ranking up to r3 he obviosly cant r3....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Drenlin said:

I disagree, I have over 60 T2A in overflow and about 10 t5b with t5cc at max almost, so by that logic, I should in fact rank up more champions, however, ISO is nowhere to be found....(F2P Paragon btw)
    There's no way to have your catalysts exactly balance out perfectly. So which situation would you rather be in: overflowing with catalysts you can't use, or constantly depleted to zero on catalysts?

It takes an enormous amount of effort to keep all your resources roughly in balance, and it requires doing things most players consider "inappropriate" (like buying the thing you need, not the most valuable thing). I myself keep resources constantly in rough balance, and it sometimes takes planning months in advance or more to do it. Outside of that kind of resource juggling, you're always going to have too much or too little. Pick one.
    Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

Well, not necessarily, its just an example about the difference between the resources that we are able to get, If resource management was the problem, I would lack on most of the materials, but my only lack is ISO, that means that there is a lack of ISO because the amount that I receive in comparison with the amount of the rest of the materials is significantly lower.
    Coppin said:

benshb said:

That screenshot only says u did well in Banquet and probably CM... Ended up with a bunch all of the sudden and not enough iso to use it up...
    Which still means lack of ISO because its the only thing that he has a low amount
    benshb said:

In all fairness, the gold problem was totally solved. As long as you play the game gold will come. ISO on the other hand, there is a clear issue with balancing in terms of whats needed to rank up 6 star champions.
    Coppin said:

Feeney234 said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

And the reason why he cant r3 is the whole point of this thread.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you are in an active alliance and you have a full roster you should have enough dupes to maintain class iso. After all the Holiday events I had so many T3 alphas and T5 basics I had to rank a bunch of champs without leveling them all up or I would have had to resort to basic ISO. Spent the next few level up events taking up the champs I had already ranked. At this point, all the gold I burned is back and I have plenty of ISO. I cant seem to find the crisis I keep reading about.
    Jefechuta said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

Well, not necessarily, its just an example about the difference between the resources that we are able to get, If resource management was the problem, I would lack on most of the materials, but my only lack is ISO, that means that there is a lack of ISO because the amount that I receive in comparison with the amount of the rest of the materials is significantly lower.
    Feeney234 said:

Coppin said:

Feeney234 said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

1- Just because u got the problem doesnt mean that everyone does... I dont have an ISO problem.. although i am extremely careful on my resource management.. even on event completions and all

2- I would understand if the point was.. wow i got 1-2 champs .. now to say 10 champions to r3 to be able to do content... That actually means there is an excess of 6* shards available.. cause there is no way u could have 10 champions u wanna r3...Also that shows poor management cause i doubt all 10 champs were pulled at the same time... So he has 10 champs at r2 he wants to r3?!... Imagine if he had focused i dunno on 5...
    edited January 2023
    Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

Feeney234 said:

Coppin said:

Feeney234 said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Drenlin said:

1- Just because u got the problem doesnt mean that everyone does... I dont have an ISO problem.. although i am extremely careful on my resource management.. even on event completions and all

2- I would understand if the point was.. wow i got 1-2 champs .. now to say 10 champions to r3 to be able to do content... That actually means there is an excess of 6* shards available.. cause there is no way u could have 10 champions u wanna r3...Also that shows poor management cause i doubt all 10 champs were pulled at the same time... So he has 10 champs at r2 he wants to r3?!... Imagine if he had focused i dunno on 5...
    Idk about you, but my roster is pretty rediculous. So yeah. I have tons of champs i want to rank up. Is that not one of the main points of the game?

I too, have had to rank champs just to burn the mats. Everytime i have 15 t5b i take someone to r2/r3. A few days later... pretty much back at 15 t5b. Why make literally every rank up resource so readily and easily attainable, if you cant even perform the most basic task of them all? Leveling up the champ.

There is a clear disconnect between how much ISO we get, compared the the ease of availability for mostly all other rank up materials. Not to mention, theyve used the same ISO system since the game literally came out (its time to address this NOW, not when we get 7 stars in the mix).

Also, i am VERY meticulous about my resource management. I even make sure im stocked with lower tier catalysts because the part of the game i enjoy most is ranking up as many champions as humanly possible. Hence, why i always have catalysts to rank up champs pretty much whenever i feel like it. Once again, its only the ISO which is an issue for me.

As i mentioned before, Kabam did a PHENOMENAL job reworking solo events to where gold is literally flowing in now. Zero shortage anymore. If anything, there is an overabundance! But im not stressting that haha
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We see these types of posts, semi-frequently, for ISO, for Gold, for rankup materials.

Truth of the matter is, depending on how you manage your resources, you will always be short on something. You simply aren't able to immediately rank up every single champ that you receive.

Now, does that mean in-game ISO distribution is going to continue to exist exactly as-is? Not at all. The team is constantly evaluating these systems.

More specifically, the team has been evaluating retunes for the daily ISO quests as well as planning to potentially inject more ISO into the monthly TB Event Quests. Furthermore, the amount of ISO received from duplicating Champs us under a microscope and the game team has informed me that "[we could] see significant changes as we move into 7* release."

Hope this helps shed some light on the topic!

I hope the “could see” is more of will see. To r4 a champ right now is takes somewhere between 165-190 class iso (tier 5 only). That is approx. 8 dupes. I would assume a r5 is more like 230 iso brinks, or 10 dupes. That is for simple sake, 20 dual crystals factoring in RNG. That is insane. Especially with how difficult it is for higher progression to get 4* shards unless we grind every single level of SQ, EQ etc…

The 24 iso bricks for duping a 4* should be the same. 5* should be around 32 realizing that lower level players still get 5* rather easily. Duping a 6* how we should give at least 72 tier 5 iso, or change it to 32 tier 6 iso. The glory store iso should also be doubled as well as the UC gold crystals we get from there.
    edited January 2023
    Coppin said:

benshb said:

Umm...exactly? I have been waiting for rank up resources to rank up champions. Now I have them, but ranking up 3 champions for the challenges depleted my whole iso stash, so now I can't rank up.
    Waiting for the new feat 6* batch, but given they only give 24x 5000 class iso, I won't be going much further.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We see these types of posts, semi-frequently, for ISO, for Gold, for rankup materials.

Truth of the matter is, depending on how you manage your resources, you will always be short on something. You simply aren't able to immediately rank up every single champ that you receive.

Now, does that mean in-game ISO distribution is going to continue to exist exactly as-is? Not at all. The team is constantly evaluating these systems.

More specifically, the team has been evaluating retunes for the daily ISO quests as well as planning to potentially inject more ISO into the monthly TB Event Quests. Furthermore, the amount of ISO received from duplicating Champs us under a microscope and the game team has informed me that "[we could] see significant changes as we move into 7* release."

I hope the “could see” is more of will see. To r4 a champ right now is takes somewhere between 165-190 class iso (tier 5 only). That is approx. 8 dupes. I would assume a r5 is more like 230 iso brinks, or 10 dupes. That is for simple sake, 20 dual crystals factoring in RNG. That is insane. Especially with how difficult it is for higher progression to get 4* shards unless we grind every single level of SQ, EQ etc…

The 24 iso bricks for duping a 4* should be the same. 5* should be around 32 realizing that lower level players still get 5* rather easily. Duping a 6* how we should give at least 72 tier 5 iso, or change it to 32 tier 6 iso. The glory store iso should also be doubled as well as the UC gold crystals we get from there.
    That's also another aspect to it. People go from R1 to R3 or R4 in one go. Sometimes managing Resources means taking time to Rank a Champ.

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

That's also another aspect to it. People go from R1 to R3 or R4 in one go. Sometimes managing Resources means taking time to Rank a Champ.
    If you have every content done (except LOL and Abyss 100%), and you are hunting the new featured 6* for the new champions, why, and more importantly how long should you wait with ranking up those champs?
    benshb said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

If you have every content done (except LOL and Abyss 100%), and you are hunting the new featured 6* for the new champions, why, and more importantly how long should you wait with ranking up those champs?
    That entirely depends on how much Resources you have. You don't need to push all Ranks in one sitting. You can do one or two until you wait a week or so and replenish some. It's standard economics, really. If I'm limited and I spend all I have, I'm going to be broke. If I moderate and have a steady inflow, I'm less likely to run out.
    The higher the Rarity and the higher the Rank, the more it's going to take.