**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Season 4 Meta [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    NikoBravo said:

Guess you need Galan

Galan is guaranteed ban by your opponents you will rarely get to use him lol
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    I think we are failing to acknowledge that even if you change your deck, the available options are too limited. You are basically down to power burn immunes, and reliable Mystics and armor breakers. Fights against the likes of Man-Thing and Korg cannot easily be done with the typical science and mutant counters.
  • Options
    Mcoc_Play3rMcoc_Play3r Posts: 38
    Horrible meta.. im afraid ill sit this one out.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Absolutely terrible!!
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 193 ★★
    mbrace said:

I think we are failing to acknowledge that even if you change your deck, the available options are too limited. You are basically down to power burn immunes, and reliable Mystics and armor breakers. Fights against the likes of Man-Thing and Korg cannot easily be done with the typical science and mutant counters.

Not sure if you have CGR but he is a great option on korg, but I’ve been getting my butt kicked, retuned my deck 3 times and I still can’t win… I have a very large roster and this meta is not fun
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

For the record, I have counters and I'm still feeling like this Node is a bit restrictive. I'll play it, but this one is a bit damning.

Tell me about the few counters you have can guarantee get banned by your opponents thus making it even more of an issue lol
  • Options
    Dmc1990Dmc1990 Posts: 40
    This meta is a challenging one, I had to rotate my deck a few times to find the right blend and I’ve done quite well but I can see how it would be very restrictive if you don’t have an expansive roster. I’ve found it’s been a bit buggy with input controls especially block and parry also I seem to only get the same champions appearing in the selection screens after around probably 30 match ups my Valkyrie, Galan, Nimrod and Hulkling have literally only been available 2-3 times each where as the rest seem to always be in the mix. That is really my main issue with the meta, being as restrictive as it is not getting the chance to use the counters or defenders you need is a definite loss and no skills can save you. It would be nice if some skills could reward you say an intercept gives them an armour break it wouldn’t save you from everyone but might help out against a defender not necessarily meant for this meta. In summary this meta seems very hardcore which is fun for a paragon player like myself who has the vast majority of options but others will not be as receptive and rightly so, if this is the level of niche then there should really be a helpful node that requires some skill to apply. Food for thought
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 193 ★★

NikoBravo said:

Guess you need Galan

Galan is guaranteed ban by your opponents you will rarely get to use him lol
    I think he has been blocked about 5/20 times and I only had the chance to pull him once in a draft… pretty annoying
  • Options
    Deadpool9999Deadpool9999 Posts: 4

I suck at the game and I don’t like the new nodes I can’t win plllllssssss change the nodes pppppllllllllsssssssssssss

I sense sarcasm. Awesome for you that you are really good and must have a very deep roster but the rest of us should not be able to enjoy their new game mode. They put everything into must be elite skilled player with deep roster or we will make fun of you for not liking a fun game meta!

• Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    Galan, Hulkling, Rintrah, Wiccan. After that, good luck. Yes, I know there are more, but it sure feels like a short list.
  • Options
    BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
    Ansh_A said:

Haha dont worry about me BabyMike, i may not have the right attackers but my tech lineup is the strongest class that i have. Got all the top 10 tech champs except Guardian as a 6* r2 or 5* r5 with my limited roster.

Then don't complain when it comes to counter 🙂
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,255 ★★★★★

For the record, I have counters and I'm still feeling like this Node is a bit restrictive. I'll play it, but this one is a bit damning.

Tell me about the few counters you have can guarantee get banned by your opponents thus making it even more of an issue lol

They have 3 Bans. ;)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,255 ★★★★★
    There are more than 3 counters there. That's just my usual Deck. I swapped Hulkling since I just took him to R3. I'm sitting on a Rintrah that is ready to be Ranked. Symbiote Supreme is quite useful this Season.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 611 ★★★
    It’s been less then 12 hrs, the ones who voted no likely get a console game, beat it on the easiest setting day one and don’t bother with the higher difficulties.
  • Options
    MarvelSPMAN14MarvelSPMAN14 Posts: 150 ★★

I suck at the game and I don’t like the new nodes I can’t win plllllssssss change the nodes pppppllllllllsssssssssssss

I sense sarcasm. Awesome for you that you are really good and must have a very deep roster but the rest of us should not be able to enjoy their new game mode. They put everything into must be elite skilled player with deep roster or we will make fun of you for not liking a fun game meta!

mainly to stop people from being jerks but it didn’t work

• Options
    KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    I’m only running through to collect the entry points at this rate. Probably the least enjoyable content I can recall in quite some time. This is by far the worst Battlegrounds experience yet. Hell, dealing with modders seemed more enjoyable than this trash.
  • Options
    KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    This is just not enjoyable in the least bit
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★
    off the top of my head...

Power Burn immune champs
    Galan
    King Groot
    Red Goblin
    Annihilus (so long as if he has his cosmic control rod active)
    Terrax (only against #Metal champs)
    Vision Aarkus (80% power burn immunity)
    Venompool and Venom (only against Tech champs)

Armour Break champs
    CGR (against Villains)
    Thor OG (block)
    Corvus (block)
    Cull
    Vision Aarkus
    HulkBuster (on SP)
    Angela (on SP)
    Cyclops Blue (45% SP 1)
    Cyclops Red (50% SP 1)
    Hyperion (SP 2)
    Medusa