**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please make this game fun again.

ValrozValroz Posts: 182 ★★
Dear Kabam MCOC Game Dev Team,

One of the main reasons people play games is to have fun and get some degree of entertainment. MCOC has been that game since I started playing this in 2015. Sure, it has gone through many changes throughout the years. Some weren't the best, but most of the changes helped pave the way to make the great game it is today. Despite the many ups and downs MCOC went through, the overall fun, enjoyment, and playability resonated with the vast majority of the summoners, whether free-to-play, moderate spenders or up to the whales.

But this January's changes unintentionally opened up a can of worms or maybe even the proverbial Pandora's Box. Even as a Paragon-level player, everything the game development team introduced, whether new content or brand-new buff combinations, made MCOC a chore to be avoided rather than a game to be played. Even the well-loved AutoPlay button that has allowed me to get badly needed units while I multi-tasked at work serves no real purpose anymore.

I can only imagine those who are struggling in the lower tiers. The monthly content that was their primary bread and butter to rank their champs found themselves dealing with almost double the difficulty but getting the same rewards. Those that already struggled with Battlegrounds in the past Season's not-so-carefully-thought-of enemy buffs proved to be a walk in the park with this month's "Electric and Armor Burn" buffs. Needless to say, if you add the other plethora of problems, such as the software bugs that just suddenly crawled out of nowhere, all that remains is for the Kabam to throw us the kitchen sink.

It would be awesome to see the difficulty in the EQ scaled back to the way it was before this month, the buffs introduced in Battlegrounds cater to not just the whales who have monster rosters, and to roll-out bug fixes that will help minimize the unnecessary deaths that used up our hard earned farmed resources and units.

I really hope that January 2023 doesn't represent the rest of the year. Like really, like seriously. Otherwise, the C in MCOC might end up becoming Chore instead of Contest

Comments

• Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 593 ★★★
    Rookiie said:

Valroz said:

I really hope that January 2023 doesn't represent the rest of the year. Like really, like seriously. Otherwise, the C in MCOC might end up becoming Chore instead of Contest

You mean Chores instead of Champions.
    Marvel Contest of Chores.
    Somewhere, quietly in the background, a meme is being made.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Some content can't be cleared by every player, that's how it is with most games.

For example, I explored EOP, but I don't have enough revives to do the carina's since it's beyond my skill level, but I know that's normal as some others can't even do the initial clear, challenging content keeps the game interesting for other players.

As for BGs, this season it's not hard or challenging it's restrictive, you either have a counter or you simply can't play around the node, your best bet is parry heavy and some luck with pacify mastery, so the node choice was very poor in my personal opinion.

TB EQ difficulty isn't that hard, but it takes so much time to explore and with the energy/time needed somewhere else in game and with rewards being mediocre for me, I just did the initial completion and didn't bother exploring it, some other players may find the rewards absolutely worth the grind, so again it's a personal opinion.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

No, I say keep it up Kabam! Make a phone game about comic book characters unduly difficult. Since all relaxation has gone out of the game, I’ve started reading books habitually again for the first time in seven years. I’m actually doing something productive and character building now. On your part, I’m not sure it’s a great business model, but you’re obviously trying to change your customers for the better by switching them off from wasting the short time they have on this planet. Inspiring stuff.

Nicely put.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★
    Im fine with everything u said, the only chore i absolute despise is AQ, they need to do a complete rework in that, 5 days is too long to have the same boring fights
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    NearJr said:

Ah, it's the age old story... People want challenging content, said content appears, people immediatly want less challenging content, then people want more challenging content again, said content appears, repeat ad nauseam

People do not want challenging content. They do not want fun content. They want challenging content for them and fun content for them and they assume if it is fun and challenging for them, it will be for most other people.

When in fact, the current continent *is* fun and challenging for someone. Just not everyone. Because that’s impossible, because not only does everyone find different things fun, they all have completely different skill levels and roster strength. There’s a few hundred thousand players, and six difficulty tiers. This isn’t astrology. A hundred thousand MCOC players can’t all find passion in the air while they improve their finances simultaneously.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    I don't have the desire to spend the time on the new EQ or now even the lower levels for units. Game is now a chore and my progress will suffer moving the r4 rewards. Inputs are still being dropped (especially parry and heavies after a parry). Best I can do is let my summoner sigil expire, not that they will miss 10, but the principle of it.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

NearJr said:

Ah, it's the age old story... People want challenging content, said content appears, people immediatly want less challenging content, then people want more challenging content again, said content appears, repeat ad nauseam

People do not want challenging content. They do not want fun content. They want challenging content for them and fun content for them and they assume if it is fun and challenging for them, it will be for most other people.

When in fact, the current continent *is* fun and challenging for someone. Just not everyone. Because that’s impossible, because not only does everyone find different things fun, they all have completely different skill levels and roster strength. There’s a few hundred thousand players, and six difficulty tiers. This isn’t astrology. A hundred thousand MCOC players can’t all find passion in the air while they improve their finances simultaneously.
    Then there should be both challenging (I.e., hard) and easier continent for each progression level so if someone wants easier content for just kicking back and relaxing they can.

• ValrozValroz Posts: 182 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

NearJr said:

Then Kabam's MCOC team needs to consider which of their target demographics takes the highest priority in determining what is challenging or what is not challenging. It seems very clear that this sudden and unexpected bump in difficulty in the Proven to UC levels of the monthly EQ benefits only those on the very top, to say the least. Even the best Uncollected players will struggle (even if just a little bit) to go through the usual level of difficulty a month prior.

If that is the case then there will be many players who will find the current content unreasonably difficult and probably look for another thing to occupy their time whatever it is (e.g. reading Marvel comic books) instead of playing MCOC.
  • ValrozValroz Posts: 182 ★★
    Is this okay for a MEME for the current discussion?

• aldisco1aldisco1 Posts: 18
    Make a chapter 9 called I’m so good. Make it 6.4.6 with all the health pools 10 times higher with 10 percent regeneration every minute. It would be for those who aren’t challenged and say git good. Making the content harder is just no fun for most of the players especially beginning and intermediate players. Give the gods cheaper 9 to be humbled
  • JollytinkerJollytinker Posts: 3
    I've been playing mcoc 5 + years I'm just an average player with a wife 3 kidds 2 dogs and a full time job. Even though I'm cavalier I' only complete uncollected monthly quest as I really can't find the time to complete the longer fights in cavalier. and now the difficultie level has increased I have now stop playing cause it really isn't fun no more and abit of a nightmare I can do with out. I totally agree with valroz.