**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds - Stability and Latency issues [Feb 27 - Merged Threads]

Comments

• DUOCENTODUOCENTO Posts: 43
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,
    We want to address this issue and we have our gameteam actively investigating.

We're seeing increased reports of BG "bugs" but, simply saying the game is buggy or claiming it's unplayable is not helpful. What specifically are you experiencing?

We have heard from some Summoners that there are connection issues while matchmaking or drafting. We are aware of the bug that results in zero points, we are hoping to have a fix for that soon.

Hey, Team and Jax

I made a full video of one of the matches in the Battlegrounds. In the video you will find most of the mentioned errors reported by users

https://youtu.be/idZCrv5PY78
  • Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,
    We want to address this issue and we have our game team actively investigating.

We're seeing increased reports of BG "bugs" but, simply saying the game is buggy or claiming it's unplayable is not helpful. What specifically are you experiencing?

We have heard from some Summoners that there are connection issues while matchmaking or drafting. We are aware of the bug that results in zero points, we are hoping to have a fix for that soon.

Hey Just so you know I was in a match right now, I Won Round 1 and was about to win Round 2 and it showed the Opponent had disconnected so clearly, the game showed I won and I was 1 token short of Diamond 1 so should have advanced, I close the game come back and the game has taken that match as a Draw and nor have I advanced to Diamond 1.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I experienced this earlier. I clicked on find opponent button and noticed it took over 1 minute which never happened before. I cancelled the search. Went to the kabam main forum and boom once again another bug LOL
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Dave7099 said:

Why do we have to beg for weeks to get the game playable? To even be acknowledged?

I'd say it's infuriating but I'm past that into apathy

This is a legitimate complaint.
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Here’s another from a couple of weeks ago. I think it lays it all out pretty clearly.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/328096/broken-bgs-time-to-acknowledge-v2-0#latest

Dr. Zola
  • ShawnthemonShawnthemon Posts: 21
    These bugs are making me borderline insane. BGs are my favourite game mode and these constant instant losses are killing me.
  • MordMord Posts: 111 ★★
    DrZola said:

“We're seeing increased reports of BG "bugs" but, simply saying the game is buggy or claiming it's unplayable is not helpful.”

Hung my head and nearly cried after this one.

Dr. Zola

I still can't believe it. It would be a legitimate comment from any dev if that was the case, but there are screenshots, videos, detailed descriptions and probably a mediaeval sad lute tune at this point in the season.

Mord said:

DrZola said:

“We're seeing increased reports of BG "bugs" but, simply saying the game is buggy or claiming it's unplayable is not helpful.”

Hung my head and nearly cried after this one.

Dr. Zola

I still can't believe it. It would be a legitimate comment from any dev if that was the case, but there are screenshots, videos, detailed descriptions and probably a mediaeval sad lute tune at this point in the season.

Right—100% depressing.

This season has been a massive thrash and poor use of leisure time for me. Last night should have been a nice win streak for me based solely on rosters and rare favorable matchups (but wins became losses).

I even won fights and a match where freeze prevented me from picking my champs and from selecting my attackers. But losing on a DC almost every other stymied my progression.

The entire BG mode is a mess. I’ve posted and DMd the game team about it for two weeks. I hope they fix it, but I really don’t care right now. Waking up to significant problems with a week left in the season makes it seem like the team doesn’t care much either.

Dr. Zola
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★

These bugs are making me borderline insane. BGs are my favourite game mode and these constant instant losses are killing me.

I read that as "bugs are my favorite game mode".
  • E_dogE_dog Posts: 3
    I just played bg and one of my best rounds I beat the Champ then the game disconnected and then it said I hadn't beat the champ and only had 24 seconds left. Beyond frustrated. Another time completely half way through the match it claimed I just lost. I only went one round and it concluded saying I lost. No chance in round 2 and I did not forfeit. I thought that but was way past cleaned up. I love battlegrounds and this game but this is exactly why I left the game for almost 2 years b4 returning. Too many bugs and inconsistency of play.
  • luke_mightyluke_mighty Posts: 6
    I "lost" match after no fight, game just kicked me back to lobby. Lost energy, lost victory shield, but Kabam is happy. 😡

• Played a Battlegrounds match and beat the Korg to advance to the next round with full health. I finish the fight and to my surprise I have zero points and apparently the Korg took zero seconds. Bug or hack?
    edited February 2023

Why does BGs select a champ other than the one I place on Defense when the game freezes? Twice this match I had my selected defender, but the game froze and picked (quite literally) the worst possible defender when I wasn’t able to lock them in (because of the freeze).

This at least should be a change that gets implemented even if your team cannot fix the game mode—there is no reason the game should choose a different champ than the one I place.

Dr. Zola
  • MDxMDx Posts: 88
    @kabam Jax , if u had read all these comments here , u wouldn't have said that ppl are simply saying it's bugged or unplayable , a lot of them are also explaining things in detail where kabam is lacking . So please read before replying .
  • MG6479MG6479 Posts: 2
    After the first match i got the battle lost screen without even played second or third match...😡
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    I'll play.

Go to the draft, set up the first fight.

Black screen, with the timer counting down.

Force quit and reopen, enter the fight with 50 seconds left.

Every time I've logged in since yesterday I've had my old friend "you have a bad connection" blinking icon of doom onscreen.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Quitting out after a loss is no longer rewarding points in solo or alliance events. It was working just fine up until this “hot fix”.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★

Quitting out after a loss is no longer rewarding points in solo or alliance events.

I didn't know that was a thing!

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Quitting out after a loss is no longer rewarding points in solo or alliance events. It was working just fine up until this “hot fix”.

What do you mean, it's been like that for a long time. Don't know if they changed it since then
  • Lav89Lav89 Posts: 3

Battlegrounds is not working properly for several days now, I'm wasting resources for nothing.. I win and it shows me that I've lost, which is really wrong.. I would like you to compensate me, thank you in advance.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★

What do you mean, it's been like that for a long time. Don't know if they changed it since then
    It was rewarding points since last season if quitting out. Only reason I know is that my alt lost the first 10 battleground matches I did and i had something like 9,000 points. I tracked it since and it was rewarding points up until this hot fix went out the other day
  • At01At01 Posts: 2
    edited March 2023
    My time is being wasted!

This is the first time I've posted on the forum but I'm getting really fed up! I get this 0s loss bug all the time now and it's prevented me advancing multiple times! I'm not the greatest on the game but this is giving players an unfair advantage! I get that others may experience it but I've not once come across it falling in my favour, which leads me to believe its not everyone suffering by this!

• ThiartcThiartc Posts: 265 ★★
    maybe time to turn of the money cow for a month or so to sort out your %$%$## Kabam?

you cant fix anything in the one week off season and it seems things are getting worse by the day
  • RainDashRainDash Posts: 11
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

There are hundreds of posts and explanations about what's going on. So, pretending to "not having" enough information is just lame any nothing but a technique to avoid the real issue, which kabam doesn't know how to fix.
    I can add my examples like all others, but what's the use??