**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why revive nerf actually showed Kabam being honest

SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
It occurred to me that the fallout from the revive situation ultimately resulted from Kabam being ultimately honest about what they were going to be doing to address it.

If they had of just incrementally reduced the 3.2.6 drop rate over a 6 month period until they almost never spawn then we wouldn't be as outraged as we are at the moment - we wouldn't even know about it for sure.

Or if they locked Acts 1-3 for Cavalier and higher, or if they said they've found this loophole and are closing it.

The way they have tried to offer an alternative and to be nice about it, like it's a right of ours, rather than a bug has given us as the community a false sense of entitlement and power in this situation.

(I know there's a ton of other angles and points to be made, but the above, as a skeleton framework of logic seems to hold water to me).
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★

The issue is they’re not being honest. People are farming 100-300k revives a day per their post, which is a lot, but they didn’t communicate how many players are farming per day. If that’s 100k players farming each day that’s only 3 revives a person which is hardly an issue. They say that people spamming revives trivializes difficult content, but there’s no plan communicated to limit revives that can be purchased with units. Much of the content in this game is play at your own pace, including any and all content that would require these revives, but their new idea forces players to play the game within a limited time period and removes any flexibility they have to play when they are most available to put time into gathering resources. They’re hiding behind vague information and poor justification.

Most importantly in my opinion is they fail to tell us what they expect the alternative to "revive spamming" to be. Your character dies a bunch, are you supposed to just quit midway after already using a bunch of items? Just never do the content they worked to create? Spend who knows how much time practicing to finally complete it with less revives? Or is it the blatantly obvious pay for the difference in revives that you can get free and need? They won't say it because how would that come across 🤔
  • Options
    SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★
    edited March 2023

The issue is they’re not being honest. People are farming 100-300k revives a day per their post, which is a lot, but they didn’t communicate how many players are farming per day. If that’s 100k players farming each day that’s only 3 revives a person which is hardly an issue. They say that people spamming revives trivializes difficult content, but there’s no plan communicated to limit revives that can be purchased with units. Much of the content in this game is play at your own pace, including any and all content that would require these revives, but their new idea forces players to play the game within a limited time period and removes some flexibility they have to play when they are most available to put time into gathering resources. They’re hiding behind vague information and poor justification.

That's partially my point though, they could've just said nothing to us at all and phased revive farming out behind the scenes.
    We weren't entitled to the farm, it wasn't official, so we had no right to it.
    With them presenting the update in the way they did it created a crisis situation.
    We're now acting like we are being wronged by having a bug patched, which is kinda perverse IMO.

The post where they communicated about revive farming and the apothecary was fatally flawed on multitudes of different levels (and didn't even need saying if they quietly phased out the farm, which they had every right to do as it's a bug).
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★

The issue is they’re not being honest. People are farming 100-300k revives a day per their post, which is a lot, but they didn’t communicate how many players are farming per day. If that’s 100k players farming each day that’s only 3 revives a person which is hardly an issue. They say that people spamming revives trivializes difficult content, but there’s no plan communicated to limit revives that can be purchased with units. Much of the content in this game is play at your own pace, including any and all content that would require these revives, but their new idea forces players to play the game within a limited time period and removes some flexibility they have to play when they are most available to put time into gathering resources. They’re hiding behind vague information and poor justification.

That's partially my point though, they could've just said nothing to us at all and phased revive farming out behind the scenes.
    We weren't entitled to the farm, it wasn't official, so we had no right to it.
    With them presenting the update in the way they did it created a crisis situation.
    We're now acting like we are being wronged by having a bug patched, which is kinda perverse IMO.

The post where they communicated about revive farming and the apothecary was fatally flawed on multitudes of different levels (and didn't even need saying if they quietly phased out the farm, which they had every right to do as it's a bug).
    It is not a bug that is being patches thou. They created act 1-3 with the intent for it to Spawn high rates of revives and refills. Somewhere in the code they had to manually put the odds in. Everyone at Kabam with half a brain cell could have figured out people where going to use an easy to do quest to get very valuable items.

Do I disagree with the revive farm nerf? No
    Did I use it in high amounts? Yes
    Do I think the solution is not properly high enough? Yes
    Is it a bug? Hell no. The drop rate was always intended, and they just weren't smart enough to figure out what people were going to do with it.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

They threw 'big' numbers and buzz words at us. I don't buy it.
  • Options
    There's already a thread HERE about this topic. If you wish to discuss it further, please do so there. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.