**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battle against cheaters update - June 6th, 2023

It has been a while since the last anti-cheat update. The reason for this is we have been working on some new tools to tackle one of the areas of the game that players have regularly asked us to pay more attention to - Arena!

Arena

Earlier today we banned over 300 players for Arena modding and/or botting in the Moondragon and Adam Warlock arenas. Because cheaters have a meaningful advantage in the mode, many of these players placed near the top of the leaderboards. In addition to the ban, the following actions are being implemented:

Those who were not permanently banned can expect something missing from their accounts when they return. The associated 6* champion(s) (Moondragon and/or Adam Warlock) will be removed from their accounts regardless of rank or sig level. No compensation will be made for lost materials.

Many players who placed outside the top 400 will be promoted to the top 400 and receive their earned 6* copy of the champion(s). Because of the number of cheaters at the top, this will be a significant number of players.

If you were one of the cheaters/modders that was not permanently banned, consider yourself lucky. Further infractions will result in a permanent ban.

Battlegrounds

Our Battleground anti-cheat measures continue to be improved. We learned a lot from the last few days of Season 7, where cheaters really increased their pace of play starting the weekend before the season ended. Beginning with this season, our autoban will be running more frequently, to hopefully lessen the impact these cheaters have. We will also be dedicating more staff time to manual review of our dashboards in the closing days of the season.

Edit: We're seeing a number of reports that bans have been reverted. Some of these bans (not all) were always intended to be 7-Day bans. In some cases, the system erroneously escalated to perma-bans. We have made the correction to these bans.

Comments

• Amazing.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 573 ★★★
    Finally did something against arena cheaters, thanks Kabam for doing some justice for real grinders.
  • I really hate to see someone lose their account, but modding and botting are capital offences in this game because it shrinks the value of this game down to zero. What's to stop temp-banned players from doing it again when they update their modding tools as they usually do?

they will get caught and banned again. This isnt a one and done deal.
    They've been getting 7 day vacations for years. Is there a new standard going forward?
    this follows the same pattern as in BGs. Repeat offenders are permabanned
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

I really hate to see someone lose their account, but modding and botting are capital offences in this game because it shrinks the value of this game down to zero. What's to stop temp-banned players from doing it again when they update their modding tools as they usually do?

They've been getting 7 day vacations for years. Is there a new standard going forward?
    In the past, players have generally been given three strikes based on reports from players who were banned. Although I keep hearing about players who supposedly just get banned for seven days repeatedly, I haven't seen any actual proof of this.

I would love to see actual proof of this.
  • WolverineXWolverineX Posts: 42
    MCOC Team said:

It has been a while since the last anti-cheat update. The reason for this is we have been working on some new tools to tackle one of the areas of the game that players have regularly asked us to pay more attention to - Arena!

Arena

Earlier today we banned over 300 players for Arena modding and/or botting in the Moondragon and Adam Warlock arenas. Because cheaters have a meaningful advantage in the mode, many of these players placed near the top of the leaderboards. In addition to the ban, the following actions are being implemented:

Those who were not permanently banned can expect something missing from their accounts when they return. The associated 6* champion(s) (Moondragon and/or Adam Warlock) will be removed from their accounts regardless of rank or sig level. No compensation will be made for lost materials.

Many players who placed outside the top 400 will be promoted to the top 400 and receive their earned 6* copy of the champion(s). Because of the number of cheaters at the top, this will be a significant number of players.

If you were one of the cheaters/modders that was not permanently banned, consider yourself lucky. Further infractions will result in a permanent ban.

Battlegrounds

Our Battleground anti-cheat measures continue to be improved. We learned a lot from the last few days of Season 7, where cheaters really increased their pace of play starting the weekend before the season ended. Beginning with this season, our autoban will be running more frequently, to hopefully lessen the impact these cheaters have. We will also be dedicating more staff time to manual review of our dashboards in the closing days of the season.

Edit: We're seeing a number of reports that bans have been reverted. Some of these bans (not all) were always intended to be 7-Day bans. In some cases, the system erroneously escalated to perma-bans. We have made the correction to these bans.
    there is an app that is used a lot that simulates clicks on the screen and allows you to do many units without playing, are you going to do something?

• tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    Isnt it just easier to just perma ban for any ToS violation, why give a chance. They can have their "Chance" if they want to by creating new account(I would like this also not an option, Device Bans!) . Is it because of "industry standards" . Thats not a rule one need to follow.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,682 ★★★★
    Thanks for doing this Kabam team. I definitely grind arena, and while I’m not always trying for the champ at 6* it is nice to know I’ve got a fair shot if I do.
  • Anggito11Anggito11 Posts: 10
    I finish 466 in first arena my score is 141.494.495.
    Please kabammmm

Isnt it just easier to just perma ban for any ToS violation, why give a chance. They can have their "Chance" if they want to by creating new account(I would like this also not an option, Device Bans!) . Is it because of "industry standards" . Thats not a rule one need to follow.

Long standing Kabam corporate policy. This conversation has been going on for as long as I've been around.
  • tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Long standing Kabam corporate policy. This conversation has been going on for as long as I've been around.

DNA3000 said:

I really hate to see someone lose their account, but modding and botting are capital offences in this game because it shrinks the value of this game down to zero. What's to stop temp-banned players from doing it again when they update their modding tools as they usually do?

In the past, players have generally been given three strikes based on reports from players who were banned. Although I keep hearing about players who supposedly just get banned for seven days repeatedly, I haven't seen any actual proof of this.

I would love to see actual proof of this.
    I can't give actual proof, but they're still around after all these years and on leaderboards almost every arena. Some with 1.5-2.5m+ PVPs from obvious bot farming alliances, others from whale alliances who've been mercing and getting merced since Act 6 legends runs and earlier.

These whales used to get piloted, now it's obvious modding because only a fool would pay a merc to go for champ they verifiably already have and at max sig. Surprised they weren't banned long ago...actually I'm not, it would be silly to bite the hand that feeds you. These players spend a ton of money and if I was Kabam I might only temp ban them too, it's business suicide otherwise. No shade thrown at Kabam, these are their spenders and they'd be hurting if they weren't around.
    A lot of this stuff seems extremely unlikely, but not even Judge Dredd will execute a perp on 99%.