Q: How can you tell if a person is ftp?

PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,030 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
A: Don't worry they'll tell you. πŸ˜‰
Post edited by Kabam Miike on
Β«1

Comments

• OurobΓΈrosOurobΓΈros Member Posts: 1,522 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    But what about the β€œsome people spend hundreds os dollars on this game” comments on every bug post?
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ftp as well spending money on a broken game isn't worth it especially if the devs nerf a game mechanic that's been around for awhile and not give rtds for said champs being effected.... But thats just me idk about everyone else
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,735 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm an Uber whale. I spent $5 once.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm F2P

We F2Ps follow our universal code of telling that we are F2P to any new person we meet
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,978 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2023
    I m mostly FTP, but i do spend on good offers.
    Need an exact term for that. I m nowhere close to whale. I want to be FTP but couldn't resist few deals as of late like bobble bash, 4th july and few others. Had i not gotten those offers my account would have been completely different. I m not complete disgrace to FTP community but still.
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Iirc peter parkers wallet offer goes away if you spend any kind of money no? So thats a way to tell
  • JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,480 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I am ftp not just on this game but on everything . πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Member Posts: 564 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    FTP is the new flex!
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 910 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I am a massive whale , 15$ every months for sigil +735 units deal
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,939 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It just means they play the game the way its supposed to be played, at its very base, without any outside advantages. And of course they have a more accurate feedback when it comes to these awful kabam decisions, something they are clearly lacking on their side
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,233 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Terra said:

F2ps are the Vegans of the MCOC community

Man i was just scrolling down to make this comment but you beat me to it
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pandingo said:

Honestly a high percentage of those bragging about being free to play aren't true free to play. Many players who want to brag about being free to play with not include money they spent on certain offers, not include money spent from gift cards or not Include money spent on purchases from several months ago or years ago.

I've seen countless times when people bragging about being free to play who gets caught in a web of lies when called out on it.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DL864 said:

I believe a small part of the daily community is 100% ftp. I laugh when I see comments on here that this game wouldn't be here without ftp. I believe the biggest majority of the game is casual spenders 5- 10 dollars a month players. But as far as telling. Ftp are the Karen's of mcoc they will be complaining about something that they feel is unfair or too hard.

My favorite is when you have YouTubers arguing F2P even though every one of their channels has links to their twitch and PayPal for donations. So not only are they advising people not to spend on deals but they make money off the videos telling you not to spend, that they use to spend in the game without having to crack open their actual wallets, creating a mini economy.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ruwqiersa said:

Iirc peter parkers wallet offer goes away if you spend any kind of money no? So thats a way to tell

Is this really true since I still have it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,493 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Hahahaha. Good one.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Ruwqiersa said:

I may be making an error here as to your question. Parker’s wallet is always there FTP or not. BUT, as a first time purchase bonus they give you 50% or some such. Once you’ve made a first purchase the bonus goes bye bye
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Ruwqiersa said:

I may be making an error here as to your question. Parker’s wallet is always there FTP or not. BUT, as a first time purchase bonus they give you 50% or some such. Once you’ve made a first purchase the bonus goes bye bye
    I was referring to this. Is it true that it will be gone once a purchase is made, on any other offers. Can this prove ftp status? πŸ€”

• BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Member Posts: 376 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pandingo said:

LOL that's a good one . It's a content creator / YouTuber that mentions it in every video :D
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Ruwqiersa said:

I was referring to this. Is it true that it will be gone once a purchase is made, on any other offers. Can this prove ftp status? πŸ€”

That I can’t answer I’m afraid. I’m the sucker who dipped his toe in the water and at the time the $5 was the cheapest and a low cost experiment. I cannot confirm if one bought an Odin first or not it remains
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2023
    I dont think there s a clear answer to that, for example, ppl may say im a spender, but i just play for 8 years, thats why ive 4.4m rating

I did buy a couple of Peter Parkers wallet in the first 2 years of the game when i was out of revives in a quest, something like 7 or 8 times, and never a deal higher than that, i cant even afford an Odin, in my country its 5 times more expensive when converted from dollar to our currency, thats why i never wasted in crystals, offers and stuff.

With time i just learned to manage my resourses better, i even 100% the larbirynth without wasting a dime, just took me 3 years lol. Many ppl doubted that, so i recorded my last run. Still havent touched Abyss tough.

Other than those wallets, im a 100% F2P for at least 6 years now, playing everyday, so u re bound to have a good account if u play for a long time, no need to spend.

Thats why i dont do well in whale events like the those bankets at the end of the year, im most of the time low on units, since i hate arenas.

Also thats why i got pissed when the Sigil thing came out, it felt like a paywall for us. I was only able to get SW from that only arena she was in, which i got very lucky that i was on vacation when it came out and was able to put some points. Still i only got her as a 5*, missed the 6* points :(
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    Pandingo said:

I was gunna say, usually they’ll let you know like a vegan
This discussion has been closed.