So how exactly are they going to fix this mess?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,506 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

People are complaining cause they spent money on 4th of july deals and paid for stuff exploiters got to keep. You are putting all the people complaining in the same bag... Like i said.. its pretty awkward for you to decide who got shafted or not

People are arguing they spent money instead of an unforeseeable circumstance they could have taken advantage of, broken the rules, and took a chance some reason might arise they would get to keep something?
    No one is shafted. That's the entitlement I'm talking about.
    Yep, there is too much entitlement along with carelessness and it is not from player side but KABAM side.

If they are selling resources for a price, it is their job to keep resources in check. Also players are 100% entitled for request raised in this discussion chain.

Also, cut your **** by bringing legal terms in between.
    Normally those are kept to defend against very very dire circumstances.

If all companies start pulling out their legal terms every now and then then mostly it signifies end of that company.
    I'd like to know what legal terms you're referring to.
    When you say "As a player you are not entitled to anything"

This brings in their term "All rights and account are owned by Kabam".

So Kabam can do anything with this game and all accounts and hence as a player "You are not entitled to anything".

I hope this clears your doubt.
    That's not a legal term. It's referring to entitlement. As in feeling entitled.
    Yep, feeling entitled comes to customer if they purchase some product from a reputed company and it should always be there
    That has nothing to do with anything I said. People taking advantage of this bug isn't related to the fact that other people made purchases and that was my whole point.
  • Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Member Posts: 143 ★★

Coppin said:

People are complaining cause they spent money on 4th of july deals and paid for stuff exploiters got to keep. You are putting all the people complaining in the same bag... Like i said.. its pretty awkward for you to decide who got shafted or not

People are arguing they spent money instead of an unforeseeable circumstance they could have taken advantage of, broken the rules, and took a chance some reason might arise they would get to keep something?
    Yep, there is too much entitlement along with carelessness and it is not from player side but KABAM side.

If they are selling resources for a price, it is their job to keep resources in check. Also players are 100% entitled for request raised in this discussion chain.

If all companies start pulling out their legal terms every now and then then mostly it signifies end of that company.

So Kabam can do anything with this game and all accounts and hence as a player "You are not entitled to anything".

Yep, feeling entitled comes to customer if they purchase some product from a reputed company and it should always be there
    That has nothing to do with anything I said. People taking advantage of this bug isn't related to the fact that other people made purchases and that was my whole point.
    But what about people who purchased??

Coppin said:

But what about people who purchased??
    I you're talking about people losing Champs they made purchases for, I could see that as a point sure.
    If you're talking about people saying they purchased things others managed to get for free from the bug, that's not an argument.
    Well, it's an argument. Not one I agree with.
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 369 ★★★

Fryday said:

Well, since we're clearly not going to get a response from Kabam acknowledging the fact that they couldn't fix the issue completely, here's the last screenshot I'll post. Do what you must with the information I've provided on this thread, I certainly know what I'm going to do next time I come across a game breaking bug.

Since this thread is 7 Pages long, let summarise:-

This is basic on the available information that Kabam admits to, what @ItsClobberinTime researched and information from this other thread provided.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342434/kabam-isn-t-done-fixing-the-mythic-crystal-mistake#latest

Kabam release July Side Quest rewards incorrectly, what should be 1250 Mythic crystal Shards was actually 1250 Mythic Crystals.

Kabam made the correction to the rewards relatively quickly but a number of players had already got these 1250 Mythic crystals (intentionally or unintentionally).

Based on what most players here said they would like to had happened.

1) Kabam should temporarily ban these accounts right away and remove all resources that came from exploiting this bug.

But as we all know that didn't happened, players were able to open and kept whatever they got from these crystals for about 2 weeks. Which would enable them to utilise these champs to make progress gain in Solo content (including 7* Shooting Star quest), Arena and also BG (as the season still had 2 weeks left)

Kabam didn't not take action on these account until 2 weeks after the exploit and after BG season ended.

So the next best option.

2) To temporarily disable access to these accounts and Kabam remove all of the gain these players got during the 2 weeks exploit, including champs, ISO, Gold, Shards ( which included 7* shards from dups) and any gain from Solo contents, Arena and deduction of BG ranking and score.

Based on the information provided from @ItsClobberinTime and the other thread shown that this also did not happened.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342434/kabam-isn-t-done-fixing-the-mythic-crystal-mistake#latest

Instead players that exploit this bugs, get to have 2 weeks free tries on 100+ new champs (including a few 7* champs, which cost us an arm and a leg to get), utilises all of these new champs in Solo contents, Arena grind, and boosted dex in BG. And after Kabam have removed these champs they got from Mythic crystals 2 weeks later, they get to have all of their rank up resources back, received their BG rewards in full, and seem like even get to keep a few 7* champs.

3) So based on this the 3rd solution would be to give all players that didn't exploit the bugs a "thank you, caring" package (crystals and resource) to balance out the gain the other players had got from the exploit...but nope Kabam said nothing.

Various Kabam admins staffs have been tags into this thread, but all have actively ignoring it.

As @ItsClobberinTime said, based on these information make of it what you will with any future bugs.

Also have a think back on how much did you spent in 4th July event just to get a few 7*shards, while these players got free 7* champs, would you still like to fork out more in the next spending events?

Have a lovely day everyone :smile:
    No but you're just making over-exaggerated assumptions. The team did the best they could. They don't owe the players anything. Also it's really the player's fault that they exploited the exploit and technically they don't owe us an explanation since it's such a complex issue involving so many steps. This is becoming obsessive and unproductive. Believe me, I look beyond what people want here.
    We need to stop pretending these things are an excuse to exploit exploitable bugs in the future because kabam is not some money hungry entity and on the other side of it it's just people who are trying their best to solve an issue created by the players and not them.
    Also, SOMEONE had to interject this thread with logic since everyone has just been throwing around accusations without any substantial evidence.
    The best they could? They left 7* on some of those Cav accounts my guy, how can a Cav have a 7*? 6* dupes? They'd be TB already.

Nah, if people who abuse exploits get to leave with some of the stuff they got from the exploit and a slap on the wrists then so do we.

Logic? What logic? You literally just blamed the players only and not Kabam. Your definition of logic is warped, either by delusions or GW cause you sound exactly like him.
    Thank you for acknowledging that. These are indeed all the comments made by GW on this post.
    Since I saw a tldr of the actual discussion, I thought I should also pen down how the discourse was derailed.
    That's uncalled for.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,405 ★★★★★

Fryday said:

Well, since we're clearly not going to get a response from Kabam acknowledging the fact that they couldn't fix the issue completely, here's the last screenshot I'll post. Do what you must with the information I've provided on this thread, I certainly know what I'm going to do next time I come across a game breaking bug.

Since this thread is 7 Pages long, let summarise:-

This is basic on the available information that Kabam admits to, what @ItsClobberinTime researched and information from this other thread provided.

Kabam release July Side Quest rewards incorrectly, what should be 1250 Mythic crystal Shards was actually 1250 Mythic Crystals.

Kabam made the correction to the rewards relatively quickly but a number of players had already got these 1250 Mythic crystals (intentionally or unintentionally).

Based on what most players here said they would like to had happened.

1) Kabam should temporarily ban these accounts right away and remove all resources that came from exploiting this bug.

But as we all know that didn't happened, players were able to open and kept whatever they got from these crystals for about 2 weeks. Which would enable them to utilise these champs to make progress gain in Solo content (including 7* Shooting Star quest), Arena and also BG (as the season still had 2 weeks left)

Kabam didn't not take action on these account until 2 weeks after the exploit and after BG season ended.

So the next best option.

2) To temporarily disable access to these accounts and Kabam remove all of the gain these players got during the 2 weeks exploit, including champs, ISO, Gold, Shards ( which included 7* shards from dups) and any gain from Solo contents, Arena and deduction of BG ranking and score.

Based on the information provided from @ItsClobberinTime and the other thread shown that this also did not happened.

Instead players that exploit this bugs, get to have 2 weeks free tries on 100+ new champs (including a few 7* champs, which cost us an arm and a leg to get), utilises all of these new champs in Solo contents, Arena grind, and boosted dex in BG. And after Kabam have removed these champs they got from Mythic crystals 2 weeks later, they get to have all of their rank up resources back, received their BG rewards in full, and seem like even get to keep a few 7* champs.

3) So based on this the 3rd solution would be to give all players that didn't exploit the bugs a "thank you, caring" package (crystals and resource) to balance out the gain the other players had got from the exploit...but nope Kabam said nothing.

Various Kabam admins staffs have been tags into this thread, but all have actively ignoring it.

As @ItsClobberinTime said, based on these information make of it what you will with any future bugs.

Also have a think back on how much did you spent in 4th July event just to get a few 7*shards, while these players got free 7* champs, would you still like to fork out more in the next spending events?

Have a lovely day everyone :smile:
    No but you're just making over-exaggerated assumptions. The team did the best they could. They don't owe the players anything. Also it's really the player's fault that they exploited the exploit and technically they don't owe us an explanation since it's such a complex issue involving so many steps. This is becoming obsessive and unproductive. Believe me, I look beyond what people want here.
    We need to stop pretending these things are an excuse to exploit exploitable bugs in the future because kabam is not some money hungry entity and on the other side of it it's just people who are trying their best to solve an issue created by the players and not them.
    Also, SOMEONE had to interject this thread with logic since everyone has just been throwing around accusations without any substantial evidence.
    The best they could? They left 7* on some of those Cav accounts my guy, how can a Cav have a 7*? 6* dupes? They'd be TB already.

Nah, if people who abuse exploits get to leave with some of the stuff they got from the exploit and a slap on the wrists then so do we.

Logic? What logic? You literally just blamed the players only and not Kabam. Your definition of logic is warped, either by delusions or GW cause you sound exactly like him.
    Thank you for acknowledging that. These are indeed all the comments made by GW on this post.
    Since I saw a tldr of the actual discussion, I thought I should also pen down how the discourse was derailed.
    Oh lol thanks for that then, I thought those were your actual thoughts on the situation I was worried someone actually shared the same thoughts as GW. My bad then, misunderstood your comment.
  • ThomildoThomildo Member Posts: 502 ★★★
    True, us old people still have some feelings left
  • ChrisBosioChrisBosio Member Posts: 69
    Response from Kabam:

Hello Summoner,

Thank you for contacting Kabam Support.

I understand that you are providing feedback about Summoners who were able to retain the Champions they obtained by exploiting the Mythic Crystal, and you want to know if it will be corrected.

I reviewed our resources, and I can confirm that due to an issue that incorrectly awarded an excess of Mythic Crystals to some Summoners, we temporarily blocked their access to The Contest so we can take proper actions such as removing associated Rewards from accounts that took advantage of this exploit.

Having said that, players who previously had balances of 6- or 7-Star Crystal Shards from before any Mythic Crystal openings have had their Crystal Shards "converted" into 6- or 7-Star Champions. This is because our correction had to balance Champion Rank Ups, Duplicate Rewards, and many other factors along with Crystal Shard balances. As a result, in some cases, Crystal Shards were removed in place of Champions. This was the reason why you are still seeing some Summoners having retained Champions they acquired from the said Crystal.

Moreover, we always want to understand our players’ concerns, and your ideas can help us to improve the game. We appreciate your continued passion and support of Marvel Contest of Champions, so please contact us again if you ever need help.

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

mbgibson said:

We have evidence they've taken action in removing things. This persistent demand for details is what's awkward.

A response can both acknowledge their efforts as well as explain some of the short comings. No communication is almost never a good thing in any relationship (family/work/community). I believe I even saw a post where someone claimed they had champs removed that they obtained before the exploit. There really seems to be a lot of questions all the way around. It can be as simple as this:
    "We are pleased to say that we have taken action against all players who abused this exploit and all unranked champions were removed. However there was technical difficulties removing ranked characters that prevented us from doing so. We also want to assure all players that no additional champions obtained before the exploit were removed. Moving forward with large exploits we will use what we learned from this situation and have the ability to take better corrective actions. As a last remark please note that any behavior that is viewed as an exploit will be addressed and is something we take seriously and can potentially result in bans if needed."

Something along those lines seems appropriate to me.
    Again, I don't think that's an unreasonable ask. What I'm more averse to is the idea that we're owed something from it.
    You are not, people who spent money and keep the lights on yeah they are owed something...
    Stop trying to piss people off to the point of getting the thread closed.. everyone knows how you act on situations like this.
    There is no reason for exploiters to stop exploiting with the precedent... But you will evade this point
    Who said I was F2P? I spend. I'm just not blowing this up into something about me when it has nothing to do with me.
    I said you didn't whale out or play end game, never called you F2P...
    If it has nothing to do with you why do you keep on argueing with people being affected?... Kinds awkward
    Agree to disagree. I'm not doing circles today.
    What makes today different from every other day?
    Probably tired of everyone piling up on him for his hot takes.
  • ChrisBosioChrisBosio Member Posts: 69
    Still doesn't explain free 7* to summoners when others paid @Kabam Miike
  • DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 460 ★★★★

Still doesn't explain free 7* to summoners when others paid @Kabam Miike

Complete side track, but you didn't pitch for the Brewers at one time, did you?

Response from Kabam:

Hello Summoner,

Thank you for contacting Kabam Support.

I understand that you are providing feedback about Summoners who were able to retain the Champions they obtained by exploiting the Mythic Crystal, and you want to know if it will be corrected.

I reviewed our resources, and I can confirm that due to an issue that incorrectly awarded an excess of Mythic Crystals to some Summoners, we temporarily blocked their access to The Contest so we can take proper actions such as removing associated Rewards from accounts that took advantage of this exploit.

Having said that, players who previously had balances of 6- or 7-Star Crystal Shards from before any Mythic Crystal openings have had their Crystal Shards "converted" into 6- or 7-Star Champions. This is because our correction had to balance Champion Rank Ups, Duplicate Rewards, and many other factors along with Crystal Shard balances. As a result, in some cases, Crystal Shards were removed in place of Champions. This was the reason why you are still seeing some Summoners having retained Champions they acquired from the said Crystal.

Moreover, we always want to understand our players’ concerns, and your ideas can help us to improve the game. We appreciate your continued passion and support of Marvel Contest of Champions, so please contact us again if you ever need help.

Well then that's the reason. Seems pretty logical to me.
    Searmenis said:

No one is getting shafted. The persistence on this is uncomfortable.

Only for you, so we don't really care to be honest.
    You obviously cared enough to respond to it.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Over 50 new responses In this thread.

Anything important? What’s the update?
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★

45 of those are just GW vs Everyone. The other 5 are the only responses that actually matter lol.
    Apparently some people had their 6* and 7* shards automatically converted into 6* or 7* champs, why? Who knows, nothing Kabam does surprises me at this point but it makes absolutely no sense.
    Thank you 😊 yeah GW Loves to debate but I really try to keep myself out of that.

So it was converted? Crazy times

45 of those are just GW vs Everyone. The other 5 are the only responses that actually matter lol.
    Apparently some people had their 6* and 7* shards automatically converted into 6* or 7* champs, why? Who knows, nothing Kabam does surprises me at this point but it makes absolutely no sense.
    Thank you 😊 yeah GW Loves to debate but I really try to keep myself out of that.

So it was converted? Crazy times

Crazy indeed, sure they removed some of the champs but how is that punishment for abusing an exploit? If anything I'm mad at myself for trusting Kabam and not abusing the exploit myself lol one day temp ban for rank up gems and a few 6* or 7*? Yes I would absolutely take that deal 🤣
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    I imagine there has to be some miscalculation there. I saw one player who mentioned having 9k 7* shards earned legitimately, yet they got to keep 2 7* champions from the exploit and only had 1 taken away. I've also seen some players mentioning that they kept champions that were pulled and awakened from the exploit by just putting 1 sig stone into them.

Knowing that they're refunding rank up materials used on exploited champions, I wonder if they're removing unused, legitimately earned champions rather than the ones sig stones were used on. That way they still have the same number of champions removed but don't need to work out how many sig stones to give each individual player. I haven't seen anyone mention receiving used sig stones, so it's a possibility.
  • DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 460 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

U guys know what's actually comical about this issue?...
    Remember a few months ago.. they decided the "best" course of action to penalize some cheaters was to take away their 7* shards... And i say "best" cause it clearly was the "easiest"... We actually cheered and laughed at those cheaters that came to the forums to cry about it...
    Now the "best" course of action is let them keep those 7*... Its actually comical...

Funny cause it's true

I imagine there has to be some miscalculation there. I saw one player who mentioned having 9k 7* shards earned legitimately, yet they got to keep 2 7* champions from the exploit and only had 1 taken away. I've also seen some players mentioning that they kept champions that were pulled and awakened from the exploit by just putting 1 sig stone into them.

Knowing that they're refunding rank up materials used on exploited champions, I wonder if they're removing unused, legitimately earned champions rather than the ones sig stones were used on. That way they still have the same number of champions removed but don't need to work out how many sig stones to give each individual player. I haven't seen anyone mention receiving used sig stones, so it's a possibility.

To add to the first thing you said about a miscalculation, I posted a screenshot on this same thread of a Cav who got to keep a 7* as well (his other top 3 champs were 5* with 9k PIs) which is impossible for obvious reasons. I have no doubt there's been a miscalculation here.
This discussion has been closed.