Adjustment to Relics Release Cadence

Comments

• TbonneTbonne Member Posts: 46
    @Kabam Miike any kind of update about relics
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,095 ★★★★
    Some sort of update would be nice. Even if it was as simple as giving us the date of a futute live stream that may have an update on the topic.

The "pause" thats in place is likely contributing to the hoarding behavior you actively discourage. I for example, have 16 full 5* relic crystals that I'm just sitting on, cause I have every 5* relic already, with most awakened, so there's not a massive benefit to opening the remaining ones until new relics are added to the pool.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 373 ★★★
    Any update on relics? I'm another person sitting on a bunch of 3* relic shards because I'm waiting for more of them to be released.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,277 ★★★★★
    I still can't pull spidey 2099 above a 3 star so please still keep these on pause lmao
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Member Posts: 287 ★★★
    Be great to get an update on this.
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Member Posts: 343 ★★

I just started Act 8.3 and the paths seem to be heavily enforcing relic use. Seems like an odd choice given that relics are still in "slowdown" last we heard. I'm also starting to build up 3-star relic shards and it's starting to not make sense to open any more because I have almost every 3-star relic duped. How about an option to trade in those shards for 4-star shards during this period of relics being on "pause?"

Dupes give shards for higher tier might as well open them
  • RebarkRebark Member Posts: 370 ★★★
    we need more relics, there are many champions from many classes that still don't have relics that can be used in any way, especially techs and skill champions
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,044 ★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax @Kabam Crashed

Apologies for the necro, but this was the original thread, so I figured it made more sense to revive this one than to start a new one.

I know you guys prefer not to address topics if there's nothing to address, but the final statement from the original post said "Expect more news in the coming months."

It's been eight months now, with nothing but a very vague 30 seconds during a live stream, and even that reference was several months ago.

Is there anything at all you could share on the topic? Could we expect to see new relics released sometime this year? Should I just pop all these nexus crystals for the sigs and 6* relic shards?

Appreciate any update you can provide.

Thanks in advance.

I'm actually super happy to see this. I think relics were at first negatively looked upon by the community but I've personally always loved them and I'm saving for more! They've become an actual staple in the game and as our rosters grow we want/need more in order to make sure all our viable champs are equipped with what has essentially become an essential part of any kit. I love the specific ones ie rogue/gg synergies and I'd like to see more. If not could we at least begrudgingly get the ability to multi equip once each?
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    Would Kabam consider a community poll of sorts. Maybe one which would gauge excitement and desire for more? I am sure that it is a lengthy process to design them, but I can imagine that 1 or 2 more for each class would be well received.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,328 ★★★★★
    I wonder what wiould a Hercules relic do?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Probably grant true strike for a few seconds
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,151 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

EdisonLaw said:

Or immortality buff maybe

Is that too much to ask?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★
    How many times can this thread rise from the dead before we get new relics?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

EdisonLaw said:

Or immortality buff maybe

Is that too much to ask?
    I don't see that happening.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,378 ★★★★★
    I really wish Kabam would actually come here and say something to let us know what they’re thinking with relics instead of ignoring it
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,753 ★★★★★
    edited July 2
    Glad this post resurfaced. Let's see what the excuse is this time, for letting this issue go ignored for an unbelieveable amount of time. Not a single "patch note" mentioned in the forums.

Kabam's lack of response to this is undeniable.

Kabam: "We don't ignore concerns. We will update when we have one."

Also Kabam: *goes almost 11 months without a relic update*

I don't want to *ahem* ACCUSE Kabam of sweeping this under the rug and hoping we'll go away quietly and forget about it, but it shouldn't take this long for an update on an addition that was made necessary in many parts of the game. How has there not been an update in almost A YEAR? Is this not a priority or at least on their radar?
    edited July 2

Glad this post resurfaced. Let's see what the excuse is this time, for letting this issue go ignored for an unbelieveable amount of time. Not a single "patch note" mentioned in the forums.

I don't want to *ahem* ACCUSE Kabam of sweeping this under the rug and hoping we'll go away quietly and forget about it, but it shouldn't take this long for an update on an addition that was made necessary in many parts of the game. How has there not been an update in almost A YEAR? Is this not a priority or at least on their radar?

It's actually been 5 months without a relic update. Not 11. Which isn't much better but isn't as drastic as you're saying
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,753 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

It's actually been 5 months without a relic update. Not 11. Which isn't much better but isn't as drastic as you're saying
    Well let's see that link then and I'll happily correct myself. But yes...5 months is still too long without an update. Those should be made monthly at the least.

ahmynuts said:

Well let's see that link then and I'll happily correct myself. But yes...5 months is still too long without an update. Those should be made monthly at the least.
    I'm not going to go hunt for the stream archives of the 12 days of Christmas streams they did or whatever they called it but it was in there. So 6 months-ish actually
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 678 ★★★
    Couple questions:
    What is the cost to Kabam for the development of relics?
    And,..do they provide a good return?
    Genuinely curious,..do people actually spend dollars on relics?
    When purchasing an Odin bundle,..how many would actually take the Reliquary as opposed to the bundle with the selector,…t4A ,.and 7.5k titan shards?
    ahmynuts said:

The live stream reference you're referring to had no information. It was during the end of the stream when they were taking questions from the chat, and Miike said little more than "They're not going anywhere." And "We're working on something.".

That's hardly an update, cause it could just as easily be interpreted as "We're not taking away the ones currently in game, but there's no plans for new ones."

The last concrete information was in fact 11 months ago.
    ahmynuts said:
    Dictionary definitions must be a real challenge for you, cause all you did there was prove my point. Since it confused you, I'll attempt to clarify.

An update provides new information. Simply reiterating the same thing is not an update.

You'd serve yourself better by sticking to your usual memes and gifs.
    Another month passed. Another live stream passed. Still no new info on relics.

This month marks one year since the pause was announced.

@Kabam Crashed @KabamDORK Can you please tell us something??
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,233 ★★★
    Are relics scrapped at this point?
  • Kabam CrashedKabam Crashed Member, Game Team Posts: 233 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

Another month passed. Another live stream passed. Still no new info on relics.

This month marks one year since the pause was announced.

@Kabam Crashed @KabamDORK Can you please tell us something??

I would suggest checking out Brian's recent video about it. I provided some context to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n0Q05MZgT0