**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Cosmic champions and Drax!

So i just got s 3rd cosmic t4cc and my choices are a 5* unduped Drax and a 4* unduped Thor.Lets focus though on Drax and his comparison to other cosmic champs.I say so because I would prefer to rank up a 5* champ(especially since they are both unduped).My concern is is he really worth to rank up comparing to other cosmic champs(I have no problem waiting for something better)?I know which cosmic champs are considered the top ones,but here is my question:From my short experience using a 5* Drax he is dealing some great damage,BUT that the only thing he can do,plus theoretically fight against evade champs(plus Mordo) because of his medium hit,So:
-Is his Damage on par or better than some of the top cosmic champs??Has anyone tested him,compared to lets say Angela,maybe medusa or even Hyperion(i suppose he looses to him...) but is it a very big difference??Is he maybe better for those short to medium fights that are most common in game??
-Can he be used reliably against evading champs???I mean, would he be really a choice against e.g. spidy/nc(at least if played well?),or is it just a small plus in case you are against him and Drax is in your team??
-What if opponent is bleed immune,he suffers or his fury stacks can help him be a viable choice still??

Lastly let me add than i know some of the cosmic champs are considered better because they have more utility...but should Angela worth more than him if he can deal more Damage because she has regen(its an if...not sure if he can deal more damage!)??I mean yes regen is great and i love regen champs,BUT if i want regen champs i can use a wolverine,x-23 or rogue(i happen to have all of them as 4* duped!)...so if can still deal more damage i might prefer to rank him than wait hoping for her!

PS:As i think it is obvious that when it comes to 5* I(personally) try to look in the future and decide if they are really worthy...thats why i am trying to figure out his usefulness and his capabilities as much as possible!!!

Comments

• Thanks a lot!Let me make clear i am not divide between Thor and Drax(since they both are unduped Drax will be the choice)!!!I am trying to figure out if I should go for Drax or wait for someone better,but i would like answers on most of my questions if possible so i can figure my on opinion as well(i surely get all of the opinions into consideration as well)!!
  • SuperSam57SuperSam57 Posts: 325
    edited November 2017
    Drax is OK with damage and bleed, but feels clunky to me. If your in a pinch rank him up, but if you can wait I would. Also comparing him to Angela I know She puts outs more damage and is fluid to use, I just recently took her to 5/50 sig 24. I don't regret going 5/50 with her either
  • Thanks thats a better analysis!

As I said i am NOT on a hurry to rank up and the post is MOSTLY TO SEEK A GENERAL OPINION ON DRAX(than choosing who to rank up..sorry if i messed it up by mentioning the t4cc i have and Thor..)!

Let me repost the main questions i would like to get an answer:

-Is his Damage on par or better than some of the top cosmic champs??Has anyone tested him,compared to lets say Angela,maybe medusa or even Hyperion(i suppose he looses to him...) but is it a very big difference??Is he maybe better for those short to medium fights that are most common in game??
    -Can he be used reliably against evading champs???I mean, would he be really a choice against e.g. spidy/nc(at least if played well?),or is it just a small plus in case you are against him and Drax is in your team??
    -What if opponent is bleed immune,he suffers or his fury stacks can help him be a viable choice still??

-And yes lastly where would you rank him in the Cosmic tier(feel free to include Hela if you want!)

P.S If you have some extra experience using Drax,let me know so i can some ideas on him for the future!
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    This is from another discussion, but it is related to what you are asking:
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    Did a test run of my Angela and Drax, both are 4* R3/30.

Strategies:
    1) Fight against ROL Winter Soldier, gain power until almost reaching SP2 bar then spam SP1. Repeat.
    2) Stop at 111 successful hits.
    3) No synergy team

Contenders: Angela - unduped (will not affect the test); Drax - sig 20.

Results:
    1) Angela did a total damage of 93,677
    2) Drax did a total damage of 68,428

My final opinion for rank up suggestion:
    ANGELA. Plus, she will do inflict more damage when against a non-bleeder champ compared to Drax.

PS: If AW doesn't show the champion class beforehand, I will definitely suggest Drax because Angela's buff will trigger Mystic Dispersion when fighting against Mystic champs - if you so choose to bring them in AW attack.

Thank you for reading this till the end.

I have a 4* Drax (sig 40) and I love playing with him, but he is not in my A team. He surely gets a spot when AQ and AW are running together.

Against bleed immune champs, his total damage is still decent (fury stacks really help), but not in a top level.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    And this is another post from the same discussion:
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    UPDATE 3.0!

Strategies
    1) Fight against ROL Winter Soldier, gain power until almost reaching SP2 bar then spam SP1. Repeat.
    2) Stop after 2 minutes.
    3) No synergy team.

Masteries: Doesn't matter. Don't wanna make the test more complicated. HOWEVER, I do have 2 points in Deep Wounds. It's the same masteries in the previous 2 tests.

Results:
    1) Angela - 80,449 damage
    2) Drax - 94,472 damage

My suggestion to rank up:
    Still Angela

Reason:
    Her damage output will not affect so much when against non-bleeders champs.

PS:
    1) Just what @CammonRo mentioned, Drax is great against Mordo and those 'evaders' champs because his dash medium can counter the evasion, however, I personally don't see a lot of situation where you need to use Drax to fight them. If you REALLY HAVE to fight them in any content of the game AND you don't have other great champs that can counter Evasion, for example AA, Crossbones, Quake; then I would consider to rank up Drax.
    2) When against a bleeder champ, Drax will definitely inflict more total damage ESPECIALLY when you have maxed Deep Wounds masteries. However, I'm not really concern about bleed in the game hence I only put 2 points in there. So, that could be my biased.

PPS:
    1) I didn't do Mutant crit rate team this time. I'm a bit busy so maybe next time.
    2) Pardon my English if there's any grammatical error or misspelled words.

Hopefully that help

So... Drax is not a bad choice, but I'd suggest you to wait for Angela or Hyperion, maybe Hela.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Drax is a very underrated champ, imo. If you've got some points on DW, his bleed is pretty incredible. It's hard to stack more than 2 or 3 bleeds against most opponents, but I was messing around with mine (4* r5) vs 4.3.6 Venom and I got up to 7 stacks. Literally just watched his health evaporate. Beat that Venom in 56 hits with a strong crit team.

He's also a great counter for Mordo because he isn't impacted by astral evade, so you don't have to change your fighting style at all. Parry and attack all day long. Great for Map 5 when Mordo is the mini.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    It'd be interesting to see a timed damage comparison of a 4★ Sig 99 Drax vs 4★ Angela against a bleed immune boss.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I have an r4 5* unduped drax, and he's in my war attack team every time because he kills quickly and for fighting the stun immune evaders, basically you spam His medium hit, I got tons of cosmic t4cs early on so decided to do it and don't regret it, it's been a year of having him in my attack team before I have aligned two champs I would prefer over him as r4s so I feel that was worth it for that year (I'm now waiting for t4cs to r4 sparky so I can do a lol run and r4 my magik) also if he's duped he's a decent lol option, easy path for about 3k units,(probably
    Similar to sparky) Hyperion is head and shoulders above every other cosmic, but after that there are about 5 that are on a pretty even keel, my plan is wait for the best in each class until you get 5t4cs of a class and then rank who you have, this is how I ranked my Hyperion and archangel the day I got them, so My advice is hold for a bit and if you get 5t4cs then rank
    Drax if no hyperion, I prefer a duped drax over a duped Thor but that's just me medusa and Angela are the other two about that good and im hearing probably hela but I haven't researched her yet,
  • Thanks a lot for all the info guys,really interesting stuff you posted here!I will take them all into consideration!
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Drax is a huge pile of trash. I cleared the whole act 5 with Thor so dont waste your resources on him. Out of 4 stars Thor had the biggest damage output after Hyperion. So Thor is the second best cosmic 4 star.

1at77m1y550o.jpeg

LeonBeni93 wrote: »
    So i just got s 3rd cosmic t4cc and my choices are a 5* unduped Drax and a 4* unduped Thor.Lets focus though on Drax and his comparison to other cosmic champs.I say so because I would prefer to rank up a 5* champ(especially since they are both unduped).My concern is is he really worth to rank up comparing to other cosmic champs(I have no problem waiting for something better)?I know which cosmic champs are considered the top ones,but here is my question:From my short experience using a 5* Drax he is dealing some great damage,BUT that the only thing he can do,plus theoretically fight against evade champs(plus Mordo) because of his medium hit,So:

Lastly let me add than i know some of the cosmic champs are considered better because they have more utility...but should Angela worth more than him if he can deal more Damage because she has regen(its an if...not sure if he can deal more damage!)??I mean yes regen is great and i love regen champs,BUT if i want regen champs i can use a wolverine,x-23 or rogue(i happen to have all of them as 4* duped!)...so if can still deal more damage i might prefer to rank him than wait hoping for her!

PS:As i think it is obvious that when it comes to 5* I(personally) try to look in the future and decide if they are really worthy...thats why i am trying to figure out his usefulness and his capabilities as much as possible!!!

Look the picture above. Dont believe all the false information by this new players.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    Drax is weaker than, but not much, a dupped thor and an angela. Hype is signifiantly beter and medusa is about in the of drax and hype, better with the full team synergy
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,134 ★★★★
    I'm in the same boat man! I have five t4 cosmics catalysts on deck. I have a 5 star unduped Drax, 4 star unduped Angela, and 4 star unduped Thor. I'm so torn on who to rank. But hands down, those would be my only choices for my next ranking using my t4cc.

It's just, who do I bring up?! this post was very helpful and made some great points. Although, I'm still torn on deciding.

Based on MY situation though, I may just say the hell with it and rank Drax solely because he's a 5 star and I'll have two t4 cosmics remaining. So whenever i dupe Thor or Angela it isn't like the wait will be long.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,869 ★★★★★
    Angela is really underrated, used properly she dishes out damage like there's no tomorrow
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    Angela is really underrated, used properly she dishes out damage like there's no tomorrow

Plus she doesnt need to be dupped like all of the other cosmic beasts (hype kind of does but can work asleep)
    Angela and medusa are amazing, but Thor, show me a picture of 40000 damage from any cosmic.

That Thor did 10000 damage on first hammer and then 27000 on the second hammer just sp2 alone. So after that special your enemy will be stunned, then add to that the damage from 5 hits on 2 armor breaks which is insane ~ 12000 plus a damagr from a SP 1 and stun again.

One picture says 10000 words and I show you proof above you all.

• AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Angela and medusa are amazing, but Thor, show me a picture of 40000 damage from any cosmic.

That Thor did 10000 damage on first hammer and then 27000 on the second hammer just sp2 alone. So after that special your enemy will be stunned, then add to that the damage from 5 hits on 2 armor breaks which is insane ~ 12000 plus a damagr from a SP 1 and stun again.

That's fantastic, and with full suicides as well?, but his current situation involves an unduped Thor, which is poop. So for his situation right now, Drax is better. But if he is close to popping another 4* crystal or two, better off to wait a little and see if he dupes Thor or gets Angela/Hype. Also, neither of them get nerfed hard by stun immune, so there is that, although only a small number of those are around.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Drax is a huge pile of trash. I cleared the whole act 5 with Thor so dont waste your resources on him. Out of 4 stars Thor had the biggest damage output after Hyperion. So Thor is the second best cosmic 4 star.

1at77m1y550o.jpeg

I actually have to concede that for a lot of act 5 drax is handicapped because of fury, all the nodes that punish buffs do make him bad for those lanes but this is personal Preference, I have an r5 Thor and he didn't even make my act 5 team, I've 100% 5.3 and Thor sat on the bench, that's personal
    Preference again but I have most champs in the basic crystal. admittedly so did drax for maybe half of it and he's my only r4 5*.
    I've had Thor maxed since prenerf and he was probably the best in the game then, he does suffer from
    Being useless on stun immunity but to clarify this in your case your Thor is unduped and Thor unduped is garbage, (he is 4* so easier to pull a dupe)
    This is a case of specificity act 5 a duped Thor would be better all
    Round than a drax, for war I prefer drax by a mile but that's because mine is r4, Thor is way way way behind Hyperion, but so are 99% of champs
    In this game, Hyperion is next level

edited November 2017
    Speeds80 wrote: »

1at77m1y550o.jpeg

I actually have to concede that for a lot of act 5 drax is handicapped because of fury, all the nodes that punish buffs do make him bad for those lanes but this is personal Preference, I have an r5 Thor and he didn't even make my act 5 team, I've 100% 5.3 and Thor sat on the bench, that's personal
    Preference again but I have most champs in the basic crystal. admittedly so did drax for maybe half of it and he's my only r4 5*.
    I've had Thor maxed since prenerf and he was probably the best in the game then, he does suffer from
    Being useless on stun immunity but to clarify this in your case your Thor is unduped and Thor unduped is garbage, (he is 4* so easier to pull a dupe)
    This is a case of specificity act 5 a duped Thor would be better all
    Round than a drax, for war I prefer drax by a mile but that's because mine is r4, Thor is way way way behind Hyperion, but so are 99% of champs
    In this game, Hyperion is next level

Hyperion is better than thor i agree. But thor kills faster and more effectively. Just do WS in ROL with both and see who kills him faster. I have both hyperion and Thor maxed. Hyperion is a better champ due to power gain and regen but raw damage thor is insane due to the stuns also. I can chain at least 3 specials on enemies that have an SP3 ready.

Also which the availability of gems now how THOr is unawaken is behind mind blowing.

https://youtu.be/bq9P27zfH6Y
  • CapWW2 wrote: »

Actually, that picture doesn't have context, so it doesn't tell me much at all. Given the way armor break currently works, I honestly don't know what I'm looking at, but I don't think I'm looking at the intrinsic damage of Thor.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Actually, that picture doesn't have context, so it doesn't tell me much at all. Given the way armor break currently works, I honestly don't know what I'm looking at, but I don't think I'm looking at the intrinsic damage of Thor.

2 armor breaks = 6000 armor reduction,
    Masteries: Suicides and courage
    Assassin just level 1

The same special with thor above 50 percent health does 15000+ damage on last hammer compared to 25000+. Again this is just the last punch.the damage from the 5 hits combo plus the first hammer is still no even the equation.

Assassin just level 1

The same special with thor above 50 percent health does 15000+ damage on last hammer compared to 25000+. Again this is just the last punch.the damage from the 5 hits combo plus the first hammer is still no even the equation.

You sure it ain't just on that node in Act 5 where the specials do 400% extra damage?
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    I'd do Drax since your Thor isn't duped and Ranking up your 5* will be a great achievement.
    edited November 2017

Assassin just level 1

You sure it ain't just on that node in Act 5 where the specials do 400% extra damage?

No that is antman on the power reserve node. SW and SL are the only 4 stars capable of equalling that damage. Of course nebula and psylocke and others overtime can do it but thier methods is too bogus.

Ah and take into account antmans glancing ability too.
    5m9lxi6xzu1c.png
    It's okay I believed you, just didn't know Thor was still capable of decent damage like that!

Glad I know now though haha thanks!
    No problem if you check the 2 pictures antman has the same PI.

Mr. dave explained really well in dork lessons how thor post 12.0 works. He is not the same he was before but still decent.

Props to kabam for doing a good job on him. We need similar adjustemnts for Stark Spidy and Star Lord.