**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Introducing, something new - Carina's Trial: 7 for 7

MCOC TeamMCOC Team Posts: 533
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
In October we are trying something new with a novel challenge from Carina.

A number of designers were discussing how much fun new account challenges are, and we brainstormed some ideas that could infuse some of that feeling into the game without actually requiring a new account.

Carina's Trial: 7 for 7 represents one of those ideas. It will challenge players to complete every quest in Act 7 using only 7 star champions. The idea is that players who want to undertake the challenge will have to make do with what they have as they expand their 7-Star roster, often lacking ideal counters and top meta Champions. We are hoping it will feel similar to trying to work your way through Act 6 on a new account.

It's a new concept for us, and so we wanted to be cautious about how it was implemented. As a result, the rewards were deliberately tuned to not feel mandatory. It's a challenge for those Summoners who will enjoy the challenge, but it's something that can be safely skipped for those who aren't interested. This is by design.

Complete all objectives to earn a total of 18,000x 7-Star Shards, 5,000x Titan Crystal Shards, 3,000,000x Gold and an Emote.

This content is permanent and can be completed for rewards one time! It will be releasing with the new content on October 4th!

Please let us know what you think! Additionally, if you have any similar ideas for challenges, please let us know and we will consider them for future content!

Edit for clarity: You have to do all the quests in order and, as with the other Carina's act challenges, you cannot use the choice node.
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Complete or explore?
  • Options
    CooChipooCooChipoo Posts: 12
    So what would be considered MANDATORY rewards? These rewards seem pretty mandatory in order to receive a titan crystal. 5k from Cap's Enlistment, 5k from the new Battleground solo event, 5k here, next 5k will be here soon I'm sure.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,527 ★★★★★
    I like anything new and original.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★
    This looks really awesome. Thank you!
    The only question I have is will there be individual 'challenge tasks' or will it just be one Carina's task?

Asking in regards to tracking. Once one chapter/whatever is completed using only 7* will there be some kind of progression/tracking or will it be up to us to manage for ourselves? If it's the latter, that's fair, just curious.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,334 ★★★★★
    Thats amazing love this idea
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 503 ★★★
    W
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    Great idea, slightly better rewards should be in order though. Maybe something rank-up related. People who can complete this challenge will already likely have a decent roster of 7* champs. Not sure what is exciting about 1 more in that case. If it only requires completion as it looks, then maybe it ain't that bad though ig.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 544 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    Ok nice
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    Cool idea. Titania and Chavez about to carry me
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,334 ★★★★★
    For a new challenge id say do the same with act 6 and act 8 but also possibly to make something for variant like for v2 it was about techs how about tech robots only v1 where it was classes do it u can only use 1 class only on each chapter as ive always wanted a reason to go back adding a challenge would make me renter that stuff
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,157 ★★★★★

Complete or explore?

It says complete every quest. Not explore every chapter which THANK GOODNESS it's not lol.
  • Options
    HulkbusterN1HulkbusterN1 Posts: 222 ★★
    Finally some stuff to do! Good job, Kabam. Rewards are pretty nice for 24 paths
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

If this is what yall are able to come up with now that your making story content less grinding, I'm sure many people will stop complaining how your cutting story paths in half.

Bro you ain’t ever gonna catch me complaining. Less tedious the better
  • Options
    CANT WAIT FOR MY FIRST TITAN!!!