**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

GAME DOESN'T SEEM FAIR AND EQUAL FOR ALL

Crossy76Crossy76 Posts: 81
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
i just want to know how game decides who places defender first in 1 and 3rd round of battleground match.
i believed it was RNG but seems like there is more to it.
i m not taking without testing it, i did 16 matches yesterday, in which 12 matches i had to place first and 4 matches opponent placed first,
today i did 5 matches and all 5 in a row i had to place my defender first.
i also talked this about my alliance members and seems like some have consistently placing 2nd and some are consistently placing first,

overall it doesn't seem like 50/50 RNG

since battleground is based strategy i think consistently placing defender first in 1st and 3rd round is just not fair. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax .

Comments

• Options
    Well you probably will get the same replies as all the other threads talking about placing 1st
  • Options

Well you probably will get the same replies as all the other threads talking about placing 1st

i m not expecting good response from those who haven't faced the problem, those who have faced this issue understands it.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    "The first person to ban the enemy heroes gets an advantage to pick last."
    Very easy vanilla method to solve but looks like Kabam don't want to turn ban phase competitive.
  • Options
    crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 250
    Crossy76 said:

i m not expecting good response from those who haven't faced the problem, those who have faced this issue understands it.
    I get it but it's pretty cool tbh,whenever I get an okayish champ in my deck I can jus throw the first match and cook them in the second
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 695 ★★★
    I was wondering what happens if both players place their defender at the same time which isn't visible to the other player until the timer runs out and then they have to pick an attacker at the same time.
    That will not only cut down the time to finish a match in half but also make it more fair for both players.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,832 ★★★★★

Sorry, I had to.

Ironic.
  • Options
    i didnt concluded that its not fair or equal, i did mentioned word "SEEMS". i wanted to know if there is something else which causing it, like faster connection or something.
  • Options
    @Dirty_Dozz even when flipping coin, back to back heads for 80% time is bit rare imo. since tails has Equal probability
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*wheeze*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 426 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Crossy76 said:

i just want to know how game decides who places defender first in 1 and 3rd round of battleground match.
    i m not taking without testing it, i did 16 matches yesterday, in which 12 matches i had to place first and 4 matches opponent placed first,
    i also talked this about my alliance members and seems like some have consistently placing 2nd and some are consistently placing first,

since battleground is based strategy i think consistently placing defender first in 1st and 3rd round is just not fair. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax .

None of what you said has anything to do with the game being fair or equal for all.
    It's all random. Sometimes you get extremely lucky and sometimes you don't. Which it seems like you understand from the rest of the content of your post. So I'm confused as to what your point is here
    I've had strings of matches where i had to place first but then i had strings where i was placing second.
    There are enough posts on the forum to suggest this is not RNG. I've played ~50 matches and picked second once. If the chances of picking first or second is equal then the likelihood of getting 49 matches picking first is almost one in a quadrillion. Even if we have had millions of matches, then someone ending up with that sequence is a one in a billion chance. Multiple people have had this issue. It is almost definitely not random.

As pathetic the silence from the devs on this is, the response from regular forum users like you is worse. We get that it doesn't affect you, but there is no need to belittle a genuine concern by saying "random" or "that's how it goes" or as one forum gaurdian put it "accept your fate".

It might be a small part of the player base, but they have been given a permanent handicap in what is supposed to be a competition. That is hardly something to be ok with.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,590 ★★★★★
    Stature said:

ahmynuts said:

Crossy76 said:

None of what you said has anything to do with the game being fair or equal for all.
    It's all random. Sometimes you get extremely lucky and sometimes you don't. Which it seems like you understand from the rest of the content of your post. So I'm confused as to what your point is here
    I've had strings of matches where i had to place first but then i had strings where i was placing second.
    There are enough posts on the forum to suggest this is not RNG. I've played ~50 matches and picked second once. If the chances of picking first or second is equal then the likelihood of getting 49 matches picking first is almost one in a quadrillion. Even if we have had millions of matches, then someone ending up with that sequence is a one in a billion chance. Multiple people have had this issue. It is almost definitely not random.

As pathetic the silence from the devs on this is, the response from regular forum users like you is worse. We get that it doesn't affect you, but there is no need to belittle a genuine concern by saying "random" or "that's how it goes" or as one forum gaurdian put it "accept your fate".

It might be a small part of the player base, but they have been given a permanent handicap in what is supposed to be a competition. That is hardly something to be ok with.
    I responded to this with a long paragraph but the forum took it to approval hell so I'll just say, yes it does impact me as I've stated, someone always has to pick first in every bgs match and the game cannot ensure everyone is picking first 50% of the time because then no one would be able to get matches, it's certainly not rigged as kabam doesn't have the tech for it. Kabam also doesn't have to comment on this because like how matchmaking works, it's just how it works and that's that. You are really just assuming a lot of things and overlaying your personal bias and salt onto this "issue"
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,372 ★★★★★

Sorry, I had to.

Ironic.
    Just a joke. Not that deep.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,590 ★★★★★
    Stature said:

ahmynuts said:

Crossy76 said:

Also it's not really a handicap. Not once have i felt that i was at a disadvantage picking first because i was able to see the opponents deck beforehand and get an idea of what i want to do regardless of picking first or second
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    They should just come out and say what the determining factor for picking was. IMO, it should be the lower prestige picks first and the higher picks second.
  • Options
    @Sundance_2099

fine laugh now, trust me you will be the one doing posts, crying in forum when you will have same thing
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 822 ★★★★

Sorry, I had to.

You post this when you whine that getting into GC is hard for you?

Sorry I had to.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Stature said:

ahmynuts said:

Crossy76 said:

I responded to this with a long paragraph but the forum took it to approval hell so I'll just say, yes it does impact me as I've stated, someone always has to pick first in every bgs match and the game cannot ensure everyone is picking first 50% of the time because then no one would be able to get matches, it's certainly not rigged as kabam doesn't have the tech for it. Kabam also doesn't have to comment on this because like how matchmaking works, it's just how it works and that's that. You are really just assuming a lot of things and overlaying your personal bias and salt onto this "issue"
    why kabam don't need to ?
    they just need to say yes its just RNG nothing else (if its just rng).
    it could end all those confusions
    threads.
    I don't think kabam has mentioned how it works anywhere. why?
  • Options
    hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Posts: 271 ★★
    In friendly matches the person who sends the invite first gets to defend last. So my best guess is in normal games its the first person to accept the match
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    hi_im_sir said:

In friendly matches the person who sends the invite first gets to defend last. So my best guess is in normal games its the first person to accept the match

i dont think so
    coz i have tested that as well
  • Options
    edited October 2023

You post this when you whine that getting into GC is hard for you?

Sorry I had to.

Care to point out where I did that?
  • Options
    I never complained I had a hard time getting into the GC. I said the extra Tiers make it a slog. Which it still is. Still think it's overboard.
    My own frustrations aren't something I argue for. I'm going to have a hard time until my Roster fills out as a Paragon. That's understandable.
  • Options
    Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 302 ★★★
    Wait until new abyss drops…
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 1,017 ★★★★

I was wondering what happens if both players place their defender at the same time which isn't visible to the other player until the timer runs out and then they have to pick an attacker at the same time.
    That will not only cut down the time to finish a match in half but also make it more fair for both players.

That seems like a terrible idea. It would take away much of the careful strategy and planning in bgs. Not speaking for everyone but when I see the opponents deck I think if they place him ill place her etc. etc.

Atleast for me it wouldn't work well
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 829 ★★★
    I once went to a roulette wheel and saw that the last 25 numbers to hit were all red. Put my money on black because there is no possible way for it to hit red a 26th time in a row.

Bad example?

I once flipped a coin 50 times in a row and it came up tails every time. The 51st flip will be heads right? No way 51 tails in a row is possible...
  • Options
    GolivarezGolivarez Posts: 154 ★★
    It’s definitely unfair when you see the opponents loaded with top tier champs you can’t pull cuz RNG says you can’t have them. It’s embarrassing that this hasn’t been fixed yet