**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Has anyone watched The Marvels yet?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,841 ★★★★
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
If not, are you watching it anytime soon?

If yes, what are your thoughts?

I just watched it today and I thought it was just an average MCU movie. Not terrible, but not great.

Also, spoilers just in case

Comments

• Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,476 ★★★★★
    Saw it today. It was middle of the road.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,841 ★★★★
    That’s kinda what I feel about the other mcu projects but the ending of Loki season 2 was shocking. He literally becomes the god of stories, just like the comics.

Imagine if we got that Loki in the game

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

The MCU might as well have died with Tony Stark tbh. They've only had very few good projects since then Loki, NWH (debatable), Shang chi (debatable), Wandavision. I've heard pretty bad things about the Marvels so I'll be avoiding this one too. It seems like whenever something MCU related comes out the bad reviews and reception reach me first before i can give it a shot lol. It happened with Moon Knight most notably.

Also, does anyone else find it so funny that they're having such a hard time making this Blade movie and Mahershala Ali almost walked out lol

Imagine fumbling an actor like him. If what they say is true, seems like they were screwing up on the blade movie too. Hopefully that’s good when it comes out in 50 years
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    The movie is below average. Boring Villain... plot is all over the place...
    If you like watching fast paced action movies then you can watch it.
    They go from one fight sequence to another fight sequence with a bit of exposition in between.
    Just wait for it to come on D+
  • Options
    IsisixkswmrIsisixkswmr Posts: 237
    Pretty good movie. Could have been better. I would still recommend it to anyone who needs a movie to watch
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,589 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

ahmynuts said:

The MCU might as well have died with Tony Stark tbh. They've only had very few good projects since then Loki, NWH (debatable), Shang chi (debatable), Wandavision. I've heard pretty bad things about the Marvels so I'll be avoiding this one too. It seems like whenever something MCU related comes out the bad reviews and reception reach me first before i can give it a shot lol. It happened with Moon Knight most notably.

Also, does anyone else find it so funny that they're having such a hard time making this Blade movie and Mahershala Ali almost walked out lol

Shang Chi was very good. No Way Home was excellent.
    I agree with you only on the first watch. It doesn't hold up on rewatch. All of its value is in the fanservice and cameos but once you've seen them you're left with the actual movie which is not that good and its plot has many holes and weird decisions made throughout
  • Options
    Sarah245Sarah245 Posts: 118 ★★
    Icy000 said:

I'm not watching anything mcu related until they decide to make an x-men movie

Well post credit scene has you covered for a tease!
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,239 ★★★★★
    Im going to see it next week sometime as i watched every project as i base it on my own judgement than reviewers
  • Options
    KeltanKeltan Posts: 500 ★★
    A moment I thought I was watching a Disney's Princess movie..
    I watch it because of Goose lol
  • Options
    Terra said:

Extremely mid.
    Captain Marvel isn't a good character.
    Actors doesn't help either, nor does the writing

Marvel died in Endgame.
    Very few titles hold my attention anymore. Only really excited for Blade and the next Deadpool.

At this point it will be a miracle if Blade ever hits the theaters tbh lol
  • Options
    thedesthedes Posts: 4
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,228 ★★★★★
    Yes, it was fun, nothing amazing, definitely not the disaster the incel crowd predicted.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,728 ★★★★★

Yes, it was fun, nothing amazing, definitely not the disaster the incel crowd predicted.

I was actually hoping Brie’s deadpan, sarcastic and somewhat joyless Carol rendition played well when juxtaposed with Iman’s overly enthused fan-girl Kamala—sort of like the annoyance Roy Kent projects at other characters in Ted Lasso.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,869 ★★★★★
    It’s honestly okay.

The three leads have great chemistry and the set pieces honestly aren’t bad but god is the villain so. flipping. boring. It’s Malekith levels of bad. I can’t believe i’m saying this but the movie could’ve used some extra time to fully flesh her out more. I also didn’t feel like the movie always had the right tone (especially towards the end) and the tonal whiplash as well from scene to scene was not working in this movies favor.

The post credits scene was hype af though
  • Options
    mattressmattress Posts: 429 ★★★
    Lower tier MCU. Not as bad as quatamania or love and thunder, but not much better either. Most of my enjoyment came from Iman Vellani as Ms.Marvel
    The future teases were better than the actual movie imo
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

Terra said:

Extremely mid.
    Actors doesn't help either, nor does the writing

Marvel died in Endgame.
    Very few titles hold my attention anymore. Only really excited for Blade and the next Deadpool.

At this point it will be a miracle if Blade ever hits the theaters tbh lol
    It's coming after the Gambit movie with Channing Tatum

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Terra said:

That's just an incredibly lame take imo. Carol has a lot going for her across her history in Marvel comics.